So Apparently The Rumor Is Kovy Could Be Coming Back

TheMazz

I'm not the one passing off a third-hand story. Kovalchuk could come back to the organization someday, he's said so, he claims he wants to go back to the NHL someday - I don't think next year is that day. I guess you're implying that this person learned from someone else in the organization who is in the know regarding contracts and stuff, but I don't see an organization that committed to secrecy letting something like this out.

I think what he's getting at is that you missed the sarcasm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just found out Lou's scouts don't even meet to debate players and picks. I don't think anyone knows anything about Kovy, let alone Bob in sales.

As for talk earlier about the players not excepting Kovalchuk? That isn't up to them decide. Hypothetically, if somehow the Devils could get Kovy back next season and Lou wanted it, well it doesn't matter at all what the players think because Lou probably doesn't give a sh!t.

No one really took shots at Kovy except Elias, but that was more him not being a fan of the type of player Kovy was and not much about him leaving...if I remember correctly.

Watch there be some completely buried, unknown to everyone without a monacle and a flashlight, batsh!t crazy type of clause in the CBA that only Lou would find that allows NHL players whose last names start with the letters A-K who flee to Russia to re-enter the NHL Draft after one year away from the league, regardless of age... Then Lou drafts Kovalchuk with the 30th pick and trolls the whole world lmao. :P

I... I think my head might explode if I witnessed something like that.

fvcking hysterical.

But uh.. I'm assuming a player with NHL experience cannot be redrafted, right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I take that as a good sign since the media lounge is open to people only with press credentials.

I am starting to believe there are some discussions. Ultimately though, there appear to be no loophole through the By-Laws, even under my reading of them, which might allow the Devils to bring Kovy back under the contract he had, but they wouldn't do that even if they could.

I am starting to believe there are some discussions. Ultimately though, there appear to be no loophole through the By-Laws, even under my reading of them, which might allow the Devils to bring Kovy back under the contract he had, but they wouldn't do that even if they could.

how about change of ownership, is their a clause that might make previous contracts etc meaningless or something like this?

Lou knows this CBA inside and out, and I'm sure he has some lawyers that do as well.

If there's a loophole to be exploited.. they'll find it.

I'm just worried about potential punishment from the league if they pull this off.  Devils really, really can't afford to lose more picks.

I can see it now - "Devils win first overall pick in draft after Kovalchuk reunion, but must surrender it"

Lou knows this CBA inside and out, and I'm sure he has some lawyers that do as well.

If there's a loophole to be exploited.. they'll find it.

I'm just worried about potential punishment from the league if they pull this off. Devils really, really can't afford to lose more picks.

I can see it now - "Devils win first overall pick in draft after Kovalchuk reunion, but must surrender it"

It isn't the CBA that's the issue. It's the NHL By-Laws. Ultimately Bettman is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to those.

yeah when somebody tweets the Devils are in negotiations with Kovi, well thats jumping over some hurdles we would have heard about first

like:

Ilya wants to un-retire and come back to the NHL

or

all 30 GM's approve Kovi back into the league 

then we might hear about negotiations 

Edited by The 29th Pick

This is how these dumb rumors spread. This was started by that Dino Costa guy, who has a history of plagiarizing, PLUS he's looking for people to pay $75 a year to listen to his new show. So he throws some garbage out there, then 2 people in a media lounge discuss it, and one of them tweets it, and somehow that makes it seem MORE legit because that guy has a show, so if he hears the SAME rumor (even though it most likely just came from Costa's rumor), it must have some truth to it. Meanwhile, not one reputable source has mentioned it. (TG, McKenzie, etc)