USA Soccer

Devils Pride 26

Haha wow, never saw this one coming , but thats the great thing about football anything can happen.

Still wont count out brazil though.

Is it too hyperbolic to call this the Miracle on Pitch if they pull it out?

I mean, Spain and Brazil back-to-back (especially a Brazil team that kicked their ass earlier in the tournament) is not unlike the USSR/Finland in 1980.

Eh it's not the same since the American team isn't comprised of college kids and I don't think Brazil is as dominant as the Soviet hockey team was. Either way, this is still great to watch.

I mean, Spain and Brazil back-to-back (especially a Brazil team that kicked their ass earlier in the tournament) is not unlike the USSR/Finland in 1980.

It is very much unlike it. Leaving out the socio-political elements of USA/USSR, the American team in 1980 was a bunch of amateur kids while the Russian team was all professionals.

The US soccer team, like the teams from Brazil and Spain are all professionals.

Also, that came in the most important international hockey tournament at the time. The Confederations Cup is not nearly as big a deal.

It would be a major upset sure, but it cannot compare to the Miracle on Ice.

Haha wow, never saw this one coming , but thats the great thing about football anything can happen.

Still wont count out brazil though.

Brazil is sick, funny as I grabbed some pickup chow and was talking to the owner who is Italian and two of his workers are from Mexico. Didn't know what to expect prior to the game but all three were in agreement the US had to score first only because "Brazil gets to emotional", that was from one of the Mexican guys who, looking at the game right now, looks dead on.

Lotta time left but big time prayers for Howard who has been a stud! LETS WIN THIS!

Not really, i expected you guys to get torn apart.

The trouble is this isnt a big tournament.

If the last two games were world cup games in any round then they would have been two of the greatest upsets in international football history.

If you guys do win its still an incredible feat.

Although your team is pretty good and they shouldnt be seen as a complete supprise, dempsey, spector, howard, guzan bocanegra, DeMerit , besley , and Bradley all play in top top divisions in europe.