I just purchased nhl13

Sneax

And the things that stuck out to me the most.

1. Bryce Salvador is not only sh!t in real life, hes sh!t in the game

2. The calgary flames were more than willing to trade jerome iginla to me for Bryce and Tedenby.

3. Claude Giroux is way better in this game than real life.

4. The announcers call us a trap team.

5. Lunqvist is really easy to score on.

And the things that stuck out to me the most.

1. Bryce Salvador is not only sh!t in real life, hes sh!t in the game

2. The calgary flames were more than willing to trade jerome iginla to me for Bryce and Tedenby.

3. Claude Giroux is way better in this game than real life.

4. The announcers call us a trap team.

5. Lunqvist is really easy to score on.

All true. I want better announcers for next yr. I'm getting sick of bill and Gary

not as bad as Doc's colour partner was yesterday! he was ready to make giroux the new roman pope! if claude farted "it was the greatest fart in NHL history" the superlatives were over the top

"ASSISTED BY PETER LAVIOLETTE! WOW! PETER LAVIOLETTE HAS DONE AN INCREDIBLE JOB IN THIS GAME!" - Pierre, after a hardworking Flyers effort leading to a goal.

Edited by DJ Eco

All true. I want better announcers for next yr. I'm getting sick of bill and Gary

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a contract they had with ESPN that of course lasts 10 years or something. This might be the last year we're stuck with them, I'm pretty sure we've had them since 03-04? Since right before the lockout? Or was it the year after that we got them?

the last few NHL games have pissed me off to no extend. 

i hate how when you play to superstar level the other team is not playing better, your team is playing worst. Your passes are bad, puck goes straight through your players, seems like youre skating with bricks instead of skates, any loose or poked pucks will go directly to the other team.

but what i'd really wish they'd work on is the AI around the blueline, either a guy about to get a pass on the breakaway or when youre in the offensive zone so that he doesnt do some kind of HUGE toe drag for no reason and get the puck out of the zone.

I like this one much more than 12. Although I will agree with what has been said above. Usually when they implement a new feature it takes them till the next game to perfect it. The new skating shows a ton of potential. However the new skating made the hitting really clunky and there are a few unrealistic animations that happen when a player receives a pass (having to stop and spin around which takes a full second or two.) love the new goalie awareness but I hate that since they made the goalies more fluid they let it WAY more fluky goals than in previous games.

I think NHL 14 will set the bar for hockey games and possibly sports games in general. They have the framework for an amazing game. Just need to perfect it

Edited by njd3b1ink

the last few NHL games have pissed me off to no extend. 

i hate how when you play to superstar level the other team is not playing better, your team is playing worst. Your passes are bad, puck goes straight through your players, seems like youre skating with bricks instead of skates, any loose or poked pucks will go directly to the other team.

but what i'd really wish they'd work on is the AI around the blueline, either a guy about to get a pass on the breakaway or when youre in the offensive zone so that he doesnt do some kind of HUGE toe drag for no reason and get the puck out of the zone.

The play of the AI between the blue lines is awful. Constantly if you're defending and set up well, the guy just passes backwards endlessly, as if he were Kovy on the PP. Then if you rush up ice, good luck getting your linemates to match speed with you as they'll either be offside or so far behind the play that you're already skating behind the net before they're even close to a scoring position.

There are numerous issues with the game.. More than I could ever list.. I still play a ton, but I usually shake my head a lot at all of the BS

The worst issues are when you pass and it has your player send it right to the other team, when the AI has your D skate up aggressively and the guy on offense skates right by, your players randomly seem to be skating in mud while the other team is flying after every puck, and the fact that cross-ice one timers either sail by the shooter or the goalie makes a diving save that would rarely ever work in real life

The game honestly makes you wonder if EA actually plays it

I have a nice rant in the "GM Connected" thread in OT, but yeah this game pissed me off when I first got it.  There's no real improvement of the AI, they just made the goalies freakishly better.

Defensive AI especially needs TONS (AND TONS AND TONS) of work.  As far as I'm concerned, EA just 'cheated' around fixing the lousy AI by making the goalies too good.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I have a nice rant in the "GM Connected" thread in OT, but yeah this game pissed me off when I first got it.  There's no real improvement of the AI, they just made the goalies freakishly better.

Defensive AI especially needs TONS (AND TONS AND TONS) of work.  As far as I'm concerned, EA just 'cheated' around fixing the lousy AI by making the goalies too good.

It's not just defensive AI, the AI has decent positioning, but if you're trying to move around, they won't, choosing to usually stay in their spot in the O or D zone. There's less chaos in the game than there is in real hockey and I think that's what makes it hard to program. There's so much more creativity in hockey than there is in say football where there's a set play, you run it, it works or doesn't. Hockey, the player's don't run a play like they're on rails, which is, I imagine, harder to program in.

Sometimes it's like you can skate circles over and over in the O zone because no one will ever chase you as if it's a PP, except it's 5on5.

Edited by ATLL765

It's a great looking game, and a solid game overall, but a few things that have been noted already ticked me off. For one, the AI is just dumb, this has been a problem always, it annoys me how the AI never takes a shot. If you get a rebound goal, it's usually in the most unrealistic fashion; shooting the puck then skating from blue line to the slot and shooting it through a sea of skates that in real life would be chopping at the puck. Also, whenever I breakout of my end, the AI has no sense of where I'm trying to go, usually getting in the way of where I'm trying to skate the puck, or forcing an offsides. Lastly, the physics of it just seems off, I don't understand why when I skate with a defender behind me, and try shooting, the puck will zip out of control going either behind me or flying off o te side. Still a good looking game but the things I talked about are a must change

another thing that i noticed... sometimes i think im paranoid but since i mentioned it some of my friends said they saw it too.

obviously we all came across games were the game clearly decided you we're not winning that game lol. you could do all the cross ice one timer possible and crazy plays you wont be able to score and if you do well the AI will score on his next wrister from the blueline on an unscreened shot.

When that happen you can clearly see that the game won't let you do anything and one weird thing is that sometimes where the puck is, its like there's some kind of radius around the puck that your player can't go if he's going straight on the puck he'll be pushed around as if theres a big invisible bubble around it... its pissing me off.

or when you simply CAN'T score and you finally have a crazy obvious chance to score and the computer decide that you're not... like this... i had to film it.

th_IMG_0908_zpsbf734cff.jpg

Edited by SterioDesign

Justin Bieber is winning a lot of awards too... just sayin'

Actually, that POS hasnt won a single Grammy. Him and the drummer from the Black Keys went back and forth right after the most recent one.

Back on topic:

I've pulled off a few "Holy crap they accepted it" Trades

Salvador/Tedenby for Hjalmarsson

In another season I got 4 straight forward injuries including losing both Kovy and Clarkson for months on end:

Tallinder & Tedenby to Buffalo for Vanek & Scheistel

Salvador & a 3rd for Dustin Brown

My biggest freaking gripes about this game are:

1) Passing, as mentioned above, is brutal for human controlled teams but more precise than Special Forces for computer.

2) Recently, I havent been able to score with either Clarkson, Kovalchuk or Elias but I apparently can snipe corners with ANY of my defenders.

3) Getting really sick of the game suddenly forcing you to lose in certain games. I gave up 3 bs goals to the Penguins on 4 freaking shots. One was tipped literally three times to beat Brodeur, the next one he went to make a save and ended up sliding into the corner, giving them a gaping net. I put in Moose who then gives up an impossible angle that even Vokoun from last night would be amazed it went in.

Its a fun game and the presentation looks amazing, but my god can it drive you out of your mind crazy, even more so than last year's.

Justin Bieber is winning a lot of awards too... just sayin'

Dont even get me started on the music industry. ive been in a ska band for the past 5 years or so and there have been so many times where we hear from people "wow u guys are amazing, but ska isnt the "look" right now. oh well."

Music is more of a fashion show in the eyes of the "experts" now

Dont even get me started on the music industry. ive been in a ska band for the past 5 years or so and there have been so many times where we hear from people "wow u guys are amazing, but ska isnt the "look" right now. oh well."

Music is more of a fashion show in the eyes of the "experts" now

oh really? i toured with Streelight Manifesto few years ago and Mad Caddies too at some point. The industry is a mess indeed haha 

oh really? i toured with Streelight Manifesto few years ago and Mad Caddies too at some point. The industry is a mess indeed haha

Yeah we've played with streetlight several times. We also played bamboozle in 2011. Our trombone player actually used to run streetlights website and myspace/Facebook. Tom used to hook him up with tickets and CDs prior to release.