Should have postponed Leafs game / NJ.COM

Legion15

Funny....the governor of PA is running around to anyone who will listen saying that we're all a bunch of babies and that game should have been played Sunday Night.... you can't win :P

It would have done no one any headache to play the Devils game MONDAY instead...but whatever......

• Like 1

I mean I don't see it being the wrong decision.. They are offering people (even if you made it there like I did) free tickets to another game.. We're all adults who can make our own decisions, and it's your decision as to if you are willing to risk making the trip.. The team shouldn't have to make the decision for you by postponing it.. The players were there, the staff was there, there was no reason to postpone it

Although the lives of many Devils fans, not to mention several of the team's players, were put at risk by failing to postpone Sunday night's game at the Prudential Center, Lamoriello said today the right decision was made.

The fans who went to the game knew the risk that was involved though. It's not like the fans were forced to show up. The arena workers/staff/players on the other hand is a different story but games are rarely postponed so I think this whole thing is just a real non-story.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

It's going to take a fan getting killed getting to a game that probably should've been called off - to sue because he didn't want to lose the $1000 he spent on tickets for his family.

Only then will they use their brain and take the financial loss of charter flights/hotels/rearranging the game.

Should've been postponed.

Edited by HellOnICE

JVB's gonna love this quote from Marty:

"I understand the scheduling is pretty hard. But at the end of the day, the league and the teams involved maybe should think twice about being safer or smarter," goalie Martin Brodeur said. "We had players sleeping in their cars. I'm sure fans got stranded. You're in Newark, probably not the greatest place to get stranded."

D'oh!

Edited by 95Crash

Funny....the governor of PA is running around to anyone who will listen saying that we're all a bunch of babies and that game should have been played Sunday Night.... you can't win :P

It would have done no one any headache to play the Devils game MONDAY instead...but whatever......

Nets game last night...

Another reason why I do not and did not want the Nets at the Prudential Center.

Because you KNEW there would be a blizzard and the Devils would want to reschedule the game but there would be a Nets game.. All hail :hail:

This thread is making me lol too much.. I feel like Crasher.. Between the people saying the Devils should make decisions for their own fans' safety rather than having the adult fan do it him/herself AND using this to hate on the Nets, who are bringing our team and arena more money which we need now that the Devils can't draw at all, I'm dying :lol:

Next we'll hear at games "We'd like to take this time to remind fans to use the restrooms so they don't soil themselves. Also, if you feel a rumble in your belly it means that you are hungry and should eat. Just looking out for you guys because we realize you can't think or make decisions for yourselves."

Edited by Colin226
  • Like 1

Because you KNEW there would be a blizzard and the Devils would want to reschedule the game but there would be a Nets game.. All hail :hail:

This thread is making me lol too much.. I feel like Crasher.. Between the people saying the Devils should make decisions for their own fans' safety rather than having the adult fan do it him/herself AND using this to hate on the Nets, who are bringing our team and arena more money which we need now that the Devils can't draw at all, I'm dying :lol:

Next we'll hear at games "We'd like to take this time to remind fans to use the restrooms so they don't soil themselves. Also, if you feel a rumble in your belly it means that you are hungry and should eat. Just looking out for you guys because we realize you can't think or make decisions for yourselves."

Scheduling is not an exact science and things like blizzards can happen. If the Nets were not there, they could have re-scheduled the game for Monday. Less tenants= less flexibility. The additional income from the Nets is nice, but since the Devils are not paying rent anyways, they are still going to make a killing regardless.

Plus I guess I am a little partial since I have a complete hatred of basketball. I think it is quite possibly the most terrible sport around. terrible game, terribly slow action, terrible players with terrible egos, and of course terrible fans. Just terrible.

Edited by DevsMan84

Had tickets to the game. Didnt go and gave em to a friend who went and took 3.5 hours to get 15 miles home, and he left midway through the 2nd. Knew that NJ Transit would stop before the game was over. My hunch was confirmed.

If you went you knew the risk.

MSG also held the big post-Xmas WWE show they do every year. Wasnt postponed. But LIRR stopped before the thing was over, and it was full of wrestling fans who had to wait until 1pm the next day to get anywhere. Id rather be stuck in New York Penn than Newark Penn lol.

Had tickets to the game. Didnt go and gave em to a friend who went and took 3.5 hours to get 15 miles home, and he left midway through the 2nd. Knew that NJ Transit would stop before the game was over. My hunch was confirmed.

If you went you knew the risk.

MSG also held the big post-Xmas WWE show they do every year. Wasnt postponed. But LIRR stopped before the thing was over, and it was full of wrestling fans who had to wait until 1pm the next day to get anywhere. Id rather be stuck in New York Penn than Newark Penn lol.

If I read your post right that there were WWE fans stuck at NYC Penn, then I would rather have stayed in Newark Penn.

The eagles shouldve played sunday night. Its football. Philly didnt even get as much as NYC. lets go vikings and lets go cowboys next week. Since the giants are out of it and suck, I am rooting against philly all the way. fvck the eagles.

I was at the game with my family (holiday tradition we always see the Devils when they are home first after Christmas) and that was the worst storm I have ever been in and there were times going home where even I "the winter weather lover that I am" came close to panicking a few times.

We took NJ Transit and got to the station despite a hell of a time finding where we were to park. 1st we were stranded for well over half an hour at the platform as the train was delayed and it was snowing so heavily we literally couldnt see in front of our faces. The wind was ungodly.

Getting home was unbelievable even just walking to Penn station. I got so tired I had to stop and lay in the snow, and thankfull another fan helped me up even though a bunch of us were really struggling. The winds were literally blowing our car sideways and when we stopped the winds were causing drifts around the wheels in just minutes.

I swear I've never been in anything like that again, however we could not risk losing almost four hundred dollars worth of tickets for nothing. Such is the decision when you are a fan of a business. "cough, cough". I mean sport.

Wasn't the Gateway open?

Yes Gateway was open. However, we realized we had come out one of the far exists and had walked a block too far and had to circle back to get in.

That's how disorienting the conditions were.