General Mood of the Board

Don

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda get what you guys have been saying about the board lately..but everyone seems to think this means the demise of the board or the prediction of it's impending doom....don't get me wrong the ever flourishing idiocy that has run rampant in the last few weeks with the newbs has been getting on my nerves as well but I just think it needs to be combatted by the vets not losing their patience and maybe starting some relevant threads...it seems to often that the threads that are started by the newbies asking dumb questions seem to have the most replies by everyone saying how dumb it was...all that does is keep the topic at the top of the page while meaningful (and I use that term loosely) articles recounting the many mistakes lou has made this offseason :) seem to slip farther down...Sure we'll come across about a dozen kids trying to up their post count repeating headline after headline but if they are given the proper notice of the rules and eventually ignored then they'll simply move down the page and off to the wayside...besides the only way we can come across the LOTCB's and RD's or redrum's or Rowdy's is by letting the loyal, intelligent ones find their niche and contribute properly to important posts...even if it means tolerating (to a point of course) the eager young ones who want nothing more than to antagonize everyone...

I kinda agree with you UDX...if you think a thread is pointless then perhaps just don't post in it, rather than posting in it and saying it is pointless....I mean lets face it, we know certain new members aren't actually READING other peoples posts anyway.

How the HELL does Z-Man get credit for my video find !?!??!!? :rant::rant::rant:

this is a bigger travesty then all those people voting against me cause of my July 1 rant !!! :P

I think this whole issue is really getting overblown. And my patience is quickly dwindling with everyone. Ok, we have had a lot of people joining. Not all of them have been bad posters, we have some new people who are now being made to feel like they should stick to lurking.

New people are needed to keep the community alive. This borderline request for every new persons threads to be locked and strict rules enabled are not what we are about here. YOU the posters have to bring up to the new person that something is done a certain way. Don't mock em they might not know what they did wrong. Post the duplicate link if you need to but dont go "OH GOD, these new PEOPLE SUCK."

You were all new once. Get over it.

I think this whole issue is really getting overblown. And my patience is quickly dwindling with everyone. Ok, we have had a lot of people joining. Not all of them have been bad posters, we have some new people who are now being made to feel like they should stick to lurking.

New people are needed to keep the community alive. This borderline request for every new persons threads to be locked and strict rules enabled are not what we are about here. YOU the posters have to bring up to the new person that something is done a certain way. Don't mock em they might not know what they did wrong. Post the duplicate link if you need to but dont go "OH GOD, these new PEOPLE SUCK."

You were all new once. Get over it.

I'm really new (joined yesterday) and this is the first board i've joined as an out of area fan looking for like-minded Devils fans (I'm surrounded by freaking Flyers fan losers) so I don't have any perspective on board mood or history. I'm hoping that this is a place for all of the news, ramblings and issues that relate to the Devils (I seem to need a daily fix) and believe that not necessarily seeing things like the next guy is part of the spice of life--just keep it respectful--we're all here becasue we share a common interest--the best damn hockey team there is.

The site is starting to shape up alittle better. Altohugh id like to see some new, but educated posters looking to wisdom or sharing their opinions in a way thats not "im right youre wrong"