Why is Weekes sooo good??

PariseOwns

Keep but not dress, correct?

you can't dress 3 goalies

remember Edmonton had this in their Finals run against Carolina and that's why Ty Conklin was in and sh!t the bed in game 1 because he was the random backup that night

Go to the Devils official website and open out the game stats. You will see something on the sabres goals Sutter mixed the lines and sh!t happens. I check these game to game and you will notice a consistent pattern on each opponent goal 5,20,11 not all the time but its enough. We got careless in front of Weekes yet he did not help matters any. Regroup and get back to business Toronto is fast young and aggressive, we are older, a lot older and smarter.

Go to the Devils official website and open out the game stats. You will see something on the sabres goals Sutter mixed the lines and sh!t happens. I check these game to game and you will notice a consistent pattern on each opponent goal 5,20,11 not all the time but its enough. We got careless in front of Weekes yet he did not help matters any. Regroup and get back to business Toronto is fast young and aggressive, we are older, a lot older and smarter.

Funny....#5, +12, and 3rd on the team, but he is out there for opponent's goals????

Madden and Pando are the bottom 2 in +/- on team....I will buy that. Another Colin White hater.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

...yet somehow snagged 30 comments & 500 hits. :wacko:

you mean people on this board do nothing more then sit here and pump their chests claiming to be the greatest minds in hockey not working in the NHL?? :P

I have more of a problem with the way the team played in front of Weekes. I think it is still a reflection on the goaltender. The boys were getting used to Clemmer and playing very well. I look forward to seeing Clemmer Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

I don't know about that. It seems like the Devils have had 4-5 days between games for the past few weeks and all of the sudden we have three games in four days. This Sabres game also happened to come after an emotional roller coaster of a game against the Rags the night before. They were just spent.

Also, I don't know if any people with a better sense of history can back this up, but a train conductor shared his observations with us on the ride up. He said he's been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons and he's also a big gambler, and one thing that he consistently noticed was that the Devils always seem to lose the game after the Rangers. He never bets on them and always gives his tickets away for these games. He said the Devils losing the game after a Devils/Rangers game is almost as reliable as the Sun rising in the morning.

I think this is a bad game to judge Weekes off of. It seemed like it was destined to be a loss. Besides, they have a bunch of games crammed into a short time period. Pushing it after the crazy Ranger game probably would have resulted in an injury. Like I said before, it was the best game to lose.

Edited by sameblood

OK, I'm bored and looked up our record in the games after Devils/Rangers over the past five years (that's as far back as ESPN.com goes) for the hell of it. Here's what we've got:

2002-03: 0-3-2 (those are ties, not OTL)

2003-04: 6-0

2005-06: 2-6

2006-07: 5-3

2007-08: 2-6

2008-09: 1-2

Total: 16-20-2

It's not as absolute as the conductor made it sound, but there might be some credence to the theory that the Devils are more prone to a letdown after a Devils/Rangers game than they are with other opponents.

You mean people on this board do nothing more then sit here and pump their chests claiming to be the greatest minds in hockey not working in the NHL?!?! :P

It was naive of me to assume otherwise. However I must warn you, such dependency on *off topic* can be habit forming. :rolling: