ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Passaic County resident...

No power as of 8:30PM Monday night...

Being told it will come back by 8PM Monday.....awesome, a potential week without power!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#22 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Monday 8 PM is the latest date for everyone to get their power back per PSEG, although if you follow PSE&G's Twitter account there are a lot of people getting their power back and tweeting. I think everyone attached to the Newark power station is getting brought online, but the Elizabeth substation has no joy yet.

I'm more worried about the fuel problems. What few stations have gas power are tapping out extremely quick. If we don't get power back to gas stations, this is going to be a BIG problem sooner rather than later (and that comes from someone who filled their tank the day before!)

EDIT: PSE&G Twitter Feed

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 31 October 2012 - 02:29 PM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#23 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

I feel bad for all the people that have lost family, friends, pets, or personal property. I haven't seen any pictures from anywhere but I've been hearing some horrendous stories about flooding, fire, and fallen trees down. I just stopped by my mom's aunt's to recharge my phone and get a shower since I was starting to smell pretty bad. I'd say I made out well (the power is going to be out awhile but its not a big deal to me) and surprisingly the trees by my house didn't come down or lose too many branches. A lot of people in my neighborhood suffered damage to their houses and cars though.

Hope everyone is making out as alright as they can in this situation!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,069 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Still no power here in Budd Lake. Gonna head to my sister's in Boston tomorrow.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Got hammered here in the backbay area of Tom River. 4ft of water in the house. No power. Boats cars washed up against houses. Never seen anything like this.
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#26 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

I work weekends and told my supervisor that I needed to leave as soon as the weather got bad. I was able to get home Monday morning before anything started. Once all my kids were home I felt ok. We lost power on Monday night at 8pm but it came back by 2:30am Tuesday. Plus I had cable, Internet and phone. I suffered no damage other than a few small branches that came down.Outside my house looks like nothing happened. I am extremely fortunate. But go about a block and there are crushed cars, trees blocking roads. It looks like a war zone. I have a number of relatives and good friends (not counting some of the greatest hockey fans in the world) who live in NJ and the ones I have heard from, the news it just heartbreaking.

I have seen the pictures/videos and am sick to my stomach. Please know that I will continued to pray for all of you.

#27 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

To no one's surprise, tomorrow's Knicks-Nets opener has been postponed. Friday's Knicks game and Saturday's Nets game are still on as of now.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#28 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Power finally restored where I am in Manchester Ocean County, I hope everyone here is ok.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#29 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

JCP&l really blows. At my mothers house in north TR off 527 not far from Manchester...no power. In fact we have not seen ANY power repair trucks since this all began. I believe JCP&L are incompetents. I know this is unprecedented but when a spokesperson for them says they don't know where to start... That bothers me. If they don't know then WHO DOES!? Go get some help.
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#30 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

JCP&l really blows.

Edited by mackchi, 31 October 2012 - 09:42 PM.

LET'S GO DEVILS!

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,069 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Got out to a friend of my mom's in Succassuna tonight who has power and was watching News 12-saw the helicopter shots of the shore... My God. I have no words. I'm shocked, saddened, and heartbroken at what's happened down there. The Jersey Shore has a place in the hearts of every person that's grown up here in some way... It's one of the things that connects us and helps to give our state it's identity. To see it in absolute utter devastation makes me sick to my stomach. I actually sat next to my mother's friend as she talked to her sister on the phone to find out her sister's house in Bayville has been completely destroyed and her brother-in-law's boat is in a tree. It's beyond my comprehension. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there, and with Moonachie, Hoboken, and Little Ferry as well, who I know experienced immense damage, along with Breezy Point, Queens. Just awful.

#32 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Got out to a friend of my mom's in Succassuna tonight who has power and was watching News 12-saw the helicopter shots of the shore... My God. I have no words. I'm shocked, saddened, and heartbroken at what's happened down there. The Jersey Shore has a place in the hearts of every person that's grown up here in some way... It's one of the things that connects us and helps to give our state it's identity. To see it in absolute utter devastation makes me sick to my stomach. I actually sat next to my mother's friend as she talked to her sister on the phone to find out her sister's house in Bayville has been completely destroyed and her brother-in-law's boat is in a tree. It's beyond my comprehension. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there, and with Moonachie, Hoboken, and Little Ferry as well, who I know experienced immense damage, along with Breezy Point, Queens. Just awful.

This really puts things into perspective. So many people on facebook complaining about their power still out, well mine is too but I'm glad that's the only problem I have and I can deal with it until it gets back on.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,069 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

This really puts things into perspective. So many people on facebook complaining about their power still out, well mine is too but I'm glad that's the only problem I have and I can deal with it until it gets back on.

. Bingo. My power will probably be out until next week, but sh!t happens. I have tons of respect for the people who are working hard to get power restored. This is unprecedented. I mean, 2 million people in NJ don't have power. That's a ton of people. If your loved ones are okay, you have a roof over your head, and were lucky enough to avoid major damage to your home and property, be thankful because that's where the hardship ends for you... The hardship for people up and down the shore and places like Moonachie, Little Ferry, Hoboken, and Breezy Point won't end for years, and it's heartbreaking.

#34 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Mantoloking is a disaster, uncontrollable natural gas fires and a new inlet was punched right next to the bridge. Seaside and Lavalette is in ruins, it hurts to watch all of this on the news. I can relate to so many places that are now gone.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#35 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

a number of communities on long island got slammed, a friend of mine with the lindenhurst FD sent me a photo of houses on a block burnt down to the high water mark, the only thing that saved the bottom floors from burning was the fact they were full of sewage and gas filled water. nearly four decades living on the island and i've never seen destruction like that from a storm. we didn't even take a direct hit like folks in NJ did, we only caught the very fringes of the storm. i could only imagine what would have happened if the wind and the rain were stronger
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#36 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

a number of communities on long island got slammed, a friend of mine with the lindenhurst FD sent me a photo of houses on a block burnt down to the high water mark, the only thing that saved the bottom floors from burning was the fact they were full of sewage and gas filled water. nearly four decades living on the island and i've never seen destruction like that from a storm. we didn't even take a direct hit like folks in NJ did, we only caught the very fringes of the storm. i could only imagine what would have happened if the wind and the rain were stronger

Where are the island are you? By me, we had massive wind all Monday night/Tuesday Am. Lost power for about 6 hours and just small branches down. The area in front of my house looks like nothing happened. One block over looks like a war zone. There are cars crushed, roadways blocked by huge trees. and people with no power. This morning is 40' so it is pretty cold out. Several of my relatives/good friends in NJ suffered devastating losses. I have seen pictures sent from friends and it is heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.

Edited by njdjlc, 01 November 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#37 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

JCP&l really blows.

I'm sorry they can't snap their fingers and turn your power back on. No power is pale in comparison to the many many people have lost their homes.

#38 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hoboken is a mess. I was evacuated because I'm on the 1st floor in SW Hoboken (the part that floods during a normal rain storm) My apt is raised up about 6 feet off the ground... the water rose to about 5 and a half feet and didn't come in... close call.

The city is a mess. Thick dark brown/black oil sludge in my lobby and all over my street. Still flooded as of this morning near me...although not nearly as bad as it was. People are setting up charging stations at random places in town. so neighbors are actually talking to each other.

11th street has power and they had a little Halloween party last night with a bunch of parents drinking wine and kids dressed up. Cars by me are sideways from being moved by water. A few downed trees, and almost all the businesses along 1st street have/had several feet of water inside them. The water is sewage/oil/gas/rain so it's not pretty.

People are handling it well, and being nice to one another. We had about 100 beers at my friend place on his third floor apartment so we've been going through them. Booze makes the boredom much better!

EDIT: No Cell Service or Power.

PSE&G was working all night fixing stuff, so hats off to them! Local Gov. is doing a good job as well organizing, and getting people supplies, and information.

Edited by oofrostonoo, 01 November 2012 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

my apartment has no power, not complaining, just frustrated
My parents place (Other side of my town) and my girlfriends place do... so i have places to go.

My grandmother, Aunt and Uncle live on Rockaway Beach NY, none of them luckily involved in the fire.
Both houses are flooded in the basement and the very bottom of the first floor. They are not sure when they can return to their houses.
My grandmother is devastated. Her house is quite old and we're not sure of the damage that has been caused, i wouldn't be surprised if the place had to be leveled due to foundation problems..

This has been nuts, and i feel lucky that all i lost was power and about 25 dollars of food.
POTATO!!!

#40 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

These power companies are working around the clock, they deserve more respect.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users