GDT New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm MSG

'7'

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All home games against Boston, Minnesota, Rangers, Toronto and Phoenix up next.  All with better records than NJ.

If they can win two of the five, I'll be utterly shocked.

They're going to need 7+ points in those games to get back on track after this weekend. 

The Devils are eliminated

Anybody who watched last nights game knew their psyches were crushed and they had no chance of winning tonight. This is one of those unmeasurable aspects of the game where no corsiwick stuff can detect. A broken spirit.

What's going to happen is a replay of last season. The Devils have 14 games left. They will now proceed to lose every single one until they are eliminated (which will be very soon) then they will win a few games late. The Devils will win maybe 3 more games this year and finish with 77 points...and we'll all laugh at how we were thinking they had a chance at 91 or 92

this team is roadkill. better off forfeit the rest of the season at this point.

The Devils are eliminated

Anybody who watched last nights game knew their psyches were crushed and they had no chance of winning tonight. This is one of those unmeasurable aspects of the game where no corsiwick stuff can detect. A broken spirit.

What's going to happen is a replay of last season. The Devils have 14 games left. They will now proceed to lose every single one until they are eliminated (which will be very soon) then they will win a few games late. The Devils will win maybe 3 more games this year and finish with 77 points...and we'll all laugh at how we were thinking they had a chance at 91 or 92

this team is roadkill. better off forfeit the rest of the season at this point.

lol corsiwick, I might use that.

I don't think it'll be that bad a finish...you're probably right we'll lose the majority of games till we're eliminated but I still think we win just enough to make people ***** about the shootout losses, as if this team was any good anyway.

lol corsiwick, I might use that.

I don't think it'll be that bad a finish...you're probably right we'll lose the majority of games till we're eliminated but I still think we win just enough to make people ***** about the shootout losses, as if this team was any good anyway.

a tease would be worse. I say let the bottom fall out and let Lou get a good look at choker peter, our chokes in florida in 2012 and now 2013. All this team does is blow leads. He's not a winning coach, he's a goofy looking Randy Quaid that nobody respects. And his bizarre methods and favoritism confuse everyone

a tease would be worse. I say let the bottom fall out and let Lou get a good look at choker peter, our chokes in florida in 2012 and now 2013. All this team does is blow leads. He's not a winning coach, he's a goofy looking Randy Quaid that nobody respects. And his bizarre methods and favoritism confuse everyone

Yeah, i agree that i'd rather see the bottom fall out any game now, if not already. If they go on some tease of a run and fall just short. knowing Lamoriello, that would give him an excuse to buy into this roster and some players a bit longer. Plus, you'll get the senile quotes about belief and character or some sh!t that hides the lack of talent and coaching flaws this team suffers from.

No I just meant they'd win a bunch of games down the stretch after they get realistically eliminated to make it look better than it really was, especially with this weak schedule that supposedly we're going to take advantage of any day now.  I think there won't be any tease per se...for all intents and purposes last night eliminated them.

Are people really going to stop watching this team because they are likely not going to make it? Come on guys, I think we're better than this

This team just isn't enjoyable to watch quite honestly.  They were more enjoyable to watch when they were twenty points out in January three years ago.  Every game is one of two versions of the same game with this team - either get out to a multi-goal lead and blow it, or completely no-showing a game they shouldn't no-show in.  Not only that but there's no future with the team in evidence with Gelly in the press box, Larsson in Albany, playing a 41-year old goalie in a futile playoff push and having an old, slow forward core.

Four home games next week and I'm glad I sold two off.  I can't get out of going Thursday and the other one I'm going to is the Ranger game.  I'm going to hope against hope we can play spoiler in that game but other than that, I wish we had another Olympic break :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

That Ranger game is going to be hideous. Coming off 4 straight losses. Tons of Rag fans in the building taunting whatever goalie will be in net. I would sell that one off too.

I would go to retro night and FU Zackapalooza. But the Ranger game is gonna suck

Edited by '7'

I'd just cash out of that one too if I wasn't going to be annoyed over contributing to the 55% of Ranger fans that'll make it to the building on a weekend.  Plus I had to miss the one game in October so this'll be my only chance to see them indoors this season :P

And the Wild game I have to go to cause it's a friend's birthday game and a bunch of people I know are going to be there.  That's why I was cringing over Marty possibly being traded there, there's NO way I wanted to be in the building for that but I wouldn't have been able to get out of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This team just isn't enjoyable to watch quite honestly.  They were more enjoyable to watch when they were twenty points out in January three years ago.  Every game is one of two versions of the same game with this team - either get out to a multi-goal lead and blow it, or completely no-showing a game they shouldn't no-show in.  Not only that but there's no future with the team in evidence with Gelly in the press box, Larsson in Albany, playing a 41-year old goalie in a futile playoff push and having an old, slow forward core.

Four home games next week and I'm glad I sold two off.  I can't get out of going Thursday and the other one I'm going to is the Ranger game.  I'm going to hope against hope we can play spoiler in that game but other than that, I wish we had another Olympic break :P

Well, the Devils are probably going to miss the playoffs for the 4th time in 20+ years. Shocking that a slow team that has trouble scoring and isn't doing particularly well...isn't enjoyable to watch. No shame in saying that, but there have been a lot of uninteresting boring Devils teams to make the playoffs over the years. Lets not crazy here. The 2010-2011 team was fun when they started winning, but in January it was an awful wreck.

This is exactly why I didn't want Lou to make a move at the deadline. Even though he didn't give up much, I really don't care for two more years of Ruutu at his cap hit or salary. You wait until the off-season, and you can undoubtedly get something better (you probably could have got Ruutu after he was amnestied for a lot less, too)

This team has about 5 players I wouldn't mind amnestying, but we all know which one is going. 

They started their run in early January in '11...around the 10th.

Yes the Julien team and Sutter's first team were eyesores but winning beats the **** out of losing, entertainment wise.  Maybe now people'll stop *****ing about being boring while winning the way everyone did in the Julien season.  Sutter's '08 team even managed a nine-game winning streak and they were more or less a mediocre group carried by Marty the entire season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That Ranger game is going to be hideous. Coming off 4 straight losses. Tons of Rag fans in the building taunting whatever goalie will be in net. I would sell that one off too.

I would go to retro night and FU Zackapalooza. But the Ranger game is gonna suck

I'll be at the Zachaplaooza game Thursday. I fully anticipate a Parise hat trick to pile on the giant mountain of sh!t this season has been.

I'll be at the Zachaplaooza game Thursday. I fully anticipate a Parise hat trick to pile on the giant mountain of sh!t this season has been.

Zach will score the tying goal with 2 minutes to go and the winner with 30 seconds left after some dumb fvckup in the defensive zone.

THIS is where we stop all of the negativity. We still have 14 games left. Are the next 5 tough? sure, but they CAN do it.

What was the motto of the second half of the season a couple years ago? B-E-L-I-E-V-E. That is what needs to happen. Believe in this team, believe what we can win. BELIEVE that we can make it into the playoffs. 

Is it depressing to watch when they lose these games? yes, but you have the endure the bad to cherish the good. 

Did we beat Boston before? Yes. Sure it was fluky, but the team showed then could play against them.

Home vs Minny. Parise is back. Emotions will be high from the fans, and hopefully the team will respond to it. I'm sure Schnieder is sick of losing too. 

Did we beat the Rangers before? Hell yeah. I'm pretty sure Marty will also want some sort of revenge from the Stadium Series game. 

Toronto next. We can play them. The games against them went to the shootout. If we win one of the game before hand, expect some sort of momentum.

Phoenix later. Marty had a horrible game against them, and we probably get a point out of the game if he does not gave up those 2 softies.

This schedule is not impossible. Stop quiting on this team, and support them until the end. Believe in them. We are due for some sort of winning streak, and why not start it Tuesday? 

THIS is where we stop all of the negativity. We still have 14 games left. Are the next 5 tough? sure, but they CAN do it.

What was the motto of the second half of the season a couple years ago? B-E-L-I-E-V-E. That is what needs to happen. Believe in this team, believe what we can win. BELIEVE that we can make it into the playoffs. 

Is it depressing to watch when they lose these games? yes, but you have the endure the bad to cherish the good. 

Did we beat Boston before? Yes. Sure it was fluky, but the team showed then could play against them.

Home vs Minny. Parise is back. Emotions will be high from the fans, and hopefully the team will respond to it. I'm sure Schnieder is sick of losing too. 

Did we beat the Rangers before? Hell yeah. I'm pretty sure Marty will also want some sort of revenge from the Stadium Series game. 

Toronto next. We can play them. The games against them went to the shootout. If we win one of the game before hand, expect some sort of momentum.

Phoenix later. Marty had a horrible game against them, and we probably get a point out of the game if he does not gave up those 2 softies.

This schedule is not impossible. Stop quiting on this team, and support them until the end. Believe in them. We are due for some sort of winning streak, and why not start it Tuesday? 

That's nice but, this team has been sh!t on by the hockey gods since the Henrique OT goal and the sh!tting will continue this season

We will be lucky to win 1 of the next 5.

The season is over, the Devils are finished

Are people really going to stop watching this team because they are likely not going to make it? Come on guys, I think we're better than this

I'll keep watching.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.  This is one of the few don't seasons.  I wish they would let the Albany guys have ice time.  Let them learn and make mistakes, which they will, when officially eliminated.