Slow News Day: Kremlin Edition- Could IK Come Back to NHL?

RunninWithTheDevil

In your Parise hatred rant

What the hell are you talking about.

I'd be thoroughly shocked if any GM didn't approve Kovalchuk's return. I can't imagine that sort of petty unprofessionalism in the NHL in 2015. Teams want to compete against the best, and fans want to watch the best. GMs aren't running around trying to apply any disadvantage they can to any other team.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not coming back here for a multitude of reasons. And I actually don't want him back either.

What the hell are you talking about.

I'd be thoroughly shocked if any GM didn't approve Kovalchuk's return. I can't imagine that sort of petty unprofessionalism in the NHL in 2015. Teams want to compete against the best, and fans want to watch the best. GMs aren't running around trying to apply any disadvantage they can to any other team.

GMs have a vested interest in not allowing other teams get better.

Edited by coldply123

He'll be back the season after next imo. Also if you don't think lou has been and still is a big part of this,then you don't know lou.

I don't buy it for a second.  Good chance Lou won't even be GM next offseason.

well hes in his 70s so he wont be here forever, and yea EVENTUALLY we will see a new gm, but it will not be next off season like you predict

He'll be gone next offseason for sure.

The whole thing is probably a moot point since Bettman has the ultimate authority to interpret the apparent contradictions in the by-laws, and it is extremely unlikely that he'll reverse Daly's repeated statements that Kovalchuk has to either sit out for a year or get approval from all of the owners. 

The only way he might change his mind if he thinks this will be a big hit to the KHL. Not sure why he would care as the KHL isn't the boogeyman its supposed to be by now.

I think Kovalchuk is like that gorgeous ex girlfriend from college. You dated her, both of you changed for the better. Everywhere you went, people stared at her in amazement. And then, a year after you proposed, she left you to go home. She left you in shambles. And you hated her, you hated her so, so much. But you saw Facebook photos of her and knew you were still in love. In the years without her, you lost your job, your apartment. Your life, for the most part, has been miserable without her. Yeah, you don't spend money on her any more which is nice, but you replace her cost with cigarette-smelling strippers named Brunner and hookers named Ryder. You had a short stint with a cute girl named Jagr, but that's done now too.

And then, a few years later, when you think you might be getting over the pain, you get a text. "Hey", she says. "I miss you. I want to come back. I still love you."

Maybe it's about the money, maybe she got bored going back home. Maybe you should be the bigger man and move on. But you haven't scored with any chicks in forever, your future looks bleak, and when you close your eyes at night you can still picture her doing that cute little dance, where she puts her knee on the ground and her hand in the air. She always used to say that 'This is Couple', and it was adorable. 

So what do you text back?

773592.gif

I think Kovalchuk is like that gorgeous ex girlfriend from college. You dated her, both of you changed for the better. Everywhere you went, people stared at her in amazement. And then, a year after you proposed, she left you to go home. She left you in shambles. And you hated her, you hated her so, so much. But you saw Facebook photos of her and knew you were still in love. In the years without her, you lost your job, your apartment. Your life, for the most part, has been miserable without her. Yeah, you don't spend money on her any more which is nice, but you replace her cost with cigarette-smelling strippers named Brunner and hookers named Ryder. You had a short stint with a cute girl named Jagr, but that's done now too.

And then, a few years later, when you think you might be getting over the pain, you get a text. "Hey", she says. "I miss you. I want to come back. I still love you."

Maybe it's about the money, maybe she got bored going back home. Maybe you should be the bigger man and move on. But you haven't scored with any chicks in forever, your future looks bleak, and when you close your eyes at night you can still picture her doing that cute little dance, where she puts her knee on the ground and her hand in the air. She always used to say that 'This is Couple', and it was adorable. 

So what do you text back?

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

Per @plysenkov: Kovalchuk's mother called report that he's planning to return to NHL "nonsense."

Did she check with Dino Costa first?  Only he would know for sure.

I don't think there'll be a letdown of any kind if he doesn't come back...

I agree. If anything, I'd be concerned about two things: 1) how an older Kovy would hold up over an NHL season, and 2) how committed he'd really be. If this ever happened (and I never thought it would), I could see Kovy scoring something like 8 or 9 goals in 45 games (and missing another 10) and saying "Screw it, I gave it a shot, but I don't need this anymore."

At any rate, as the Devils try to build for the future, I don't need a question mark with an up-and-down history. And that's all Kovy really is at this point.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976