Shiza! Kariya And Selanne Sign W/Col

Weekes Head

I'm sure we will hear plenty about this Kariya contract in the coming hours/days etc. That's the big question here.

As a Ranger fan who lives for the first week of July (other teams have the entire season, playoffs, everything I have one friggen week) its time for Slats to do something.

The heck with the back 9 today Slats...go to Cosby's and get a nice red, white, and blue #91 jersey.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong for me to keep on refreshing the front page of TSN.ca in hopes of seeing that the Devils have re-signed Joe? :saddevil:

I know exactly how you feel, RD. I'm hoping that somehow this is all good for Joe staying with the Devils. Don't know how, but I'm hoping. :unsure:

I'm more to the point where I'm scared to see what will be the new news. Things are just too weird right now. I'm scared that I will see tsn and it be bad news for joe.

It must really suck being a Ducks fan right now...

I could not imagine...

Just think about it. Your team just gave you something you never in a million years expected. Got to the final game of the SCF and now your best player is gone...for zip.

All Anaheim had to do was qualify him, albeit @ 10 million, however they were only required to do so for one year. No CBA issues, no anything.

If I'm a Duck season ticket holder, I wipe my you know what with my invoice and send it back in.

Sergei the next to go...to Carolina?

Sportsnet.ca:

"Brisson wouldn't comment on any of the teams who have expressed interest in his star client. However, sources tell Sportsnet the Carolina Hurricanes and Los Angeles Kings are creatively making a push."

i wouldn't blame ducks management for this....what were they supposed to do? let kariya keep his bloated contract and drag the rest of the team down in the process? and then kariya goes and signs for $1.2 mil somewhere else.....there's something more to it, but i couldn't blame ducks management for what's going on.

But in a month bg, you'd realize that Kariya did little in the way of leadership or scoring in the playoffs and call up the Anaheim ticket department saying your son left a bunch of M&Ms on the invoice when it was sitting out and could you please have another one.

The problem is, the Ducks need an elite level player to replace Mr. Kariya. I think they made the right move in not qualifying him. Can't pay 10 million for that kind of performance and he was untradeable.. this was a necessary move. But they must sign someone during this UFA period or the next one, or they will miss the playoffs both years..

I'm not blaming the Ducks management at all...it was just unrealistic.

But still, it must hurt a whole hell of a lot right now, if you're a Ducks fan.

Just imagine, one minute you're a game away from the Stanley Cup. Now, you lose your top scorer after you figured he'd be back alongside with another former top scorer on your team.

...and don't get me started on Giggy, because you gotta believe Ducks fans have to be a little skeptical about whether he was a one hit wonder or not...

I can see if the Ducks didn't want to get into a long-term big money deal, but they made it to Game 7 of the Finals. They made a ton more than they thought in playoff revenue. It is only natural to assume their attandance would have increased this year.

I will give any team a pass this off-season for walking away from a long-term deal, however a one-year deal (almost no matter the $$$) is hard to pass up.

Now here's a thought.. what if the Avs trade Kariya and Selanne and Aebischer to Anaheim for J.S. Gigeure and Stan Chistov?

Okay, okay, it'll never happen.

bg, they've been on this 10 million thing for 3 years now, they did what was right for the team and tried to get Kariya to sign for less to stay with a team that just went to Game 7 of the Cup Finals, with him as captain.

There's no way they could have kept that team intact for next season, and with Kariya's performance in the playoffs, who do you let go, guys like Ozolinsh and R Niedermayer, Rucchin and JS Gigeure, or Paul Kariya? You try to build like the Devils and try to get Kariya down..