Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I was hesitant to even post. But that's what he said!

I should add that it was as he was done talking and saying his goodbyes, he threw it out. I almost went off the road.

Edited by NCDevsFan

Perhaps this is more of "the whiskey talking"...seriously, don't you know by now that normal people don't put that stuff in their Cheerios?

In all seriousness, that's surprising that Potvin would just toss that out there as he was packing up for the day. Not saying you didn't hear it, NC, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Not gonna lie, I will be disappointed for a few reasons. One, Kovalchuk is not a Devils style player. He doesn't play defense at all. Secondly, the package we will have to give will involve people currently on the NHL roster who aren't guys anybody wants to get rid of (Pando, Nieds). Third, he isn't a center, so we'll still be weak down the middle. I really don't think Kovy would be that helpful in a Cup run for this team.

I'm just hoping someone else here heard it as well.

I heard it too. Potvin said, out of the blue, "Did you hear about Kovalchuk to the Devils?" or something like that. It didn't sound like a rumor, but a done deal. Even the host said "What?" Then Potvin compared it to the Mogilny trade and said he thought it would be a good fit. But, again, the way he was talking I thought the papers had been signed. The host said he would ask Matt Laughlin about it in the next hour, but I got to my office before that interview ended.

The first thing I did was check this board . . .

I heard it too....almost drove off the parkway as well....the host said he was going to ask matt laughlin (spelling) about it when he came on the show but i was already late so i only heard the first half of the interview..and he didn't bring it up.....who do we give up for Kovy? Bergfors, Palmeiri....and a 1st?

I heard it too. Potvin said, out of the blue, "Did you hear about Kovalchuk to the Devils?" or something like that. It didn't sound like a rumor, but a done deal. Even the host said "What?" Then Potvin compared it to the Mogilny trade and said he thought it would be a good fit. But, again, the way he was talking I thought the papers had been signed. The host said he would ask Matt Laughlin about it in the next hour, but I got to my office before that interview ended.

The first thing I did was check this board . . .

Yep, it sounded like it was a done deal. Thanks for confirming!

Please NO!!! We don't need him and he doesn't fit the mold of Lou-Devils type of winner.

Are you talking about a different Kovalchuk? Because the one that I know is the the guy who puts up 40+ goals a season. Having him on the Devils would be fantastic.

Holy sh!t, I know he's not a typical Devil like player, but Kovalchuck would make this team so much more dangerous. Maybe on a team like Atlanta he looks like a liability on D at times. But on the Devils, I doubt you'd see that. I can't imagine who Lou would trade though, and it definitely worries me if it is in fact true at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.