Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would like to see a big slap in the face to the thrashers by Bergfors signing with the Devils next season??

RFA, very little chance.

It's 4 am now, I guess it's time for bed. :giggle: Man, I don't think I'll truly believe this until I wake up tomorrow morning and Kovy is still a Devil!

from @wyshynski Waddell: Other trades had bad contracts. Looked at several deals. End of day, Devils offered "most assets"

So the funny thing is... we won because we didn't try to dump Rolston or Zubrus.

And Lou didn't sign someone just to sign someone this past offseason leaving the space to take on a fair amount of salary.

And since the Devils gave up Oduya they still have cap room for other deals.

they obviously need to get a defenseman in early march. :lol:

the funniest thing about this deal is Salmela and his confidences. I got even money he gets benched halfway through Friday's game.

Bergfors gave this trade up... by whining to the owner of the restaurant. pretty amazing. :lol: I was actually disappointed when it wasn't done this afternoon because I thought it was pretty certain at that point

watch the islanders get him. i wouldLOL

If they had the resources, they would have. That crappy SMG deal along with the arena uncertainty makes it impossible to bring in a star of that magnitude. Plus Wang's a weenie. In terms of their farm, they easily could've given Atlanta a great deal. Too bad they're in Hempstead because Kovalchuk would've been a great draw. Imagine putting JT91, Okposo and Bailey around him. So, did Manta post yet?

If they had the resources, they would have. That crappy SMG deal along with the arena uncertainty makes it impossible to bring in a star of that magnitude. Plus Wang's a weenie. In terms of their farm, they easily could've given Atlanta a great deal. Too bad they're in Hempstead because Kovalchuk would've been a great draw. Imagine putting JT91, Okposo and Bailey around him. So, did Manta post yet?

Manta is the ONLY Devils fan in the universe upset about this...

Holy Crap... I told my friend today that I'll eat my hat if this happens. I firmly believe that this won't happen, and if it does then I'll post a picture of me eating my hat. Sarge, if Oduya gets traded then you're taking Neids from me in our drinking game.

:whistling::whistling:

Kovalchuk in a Devils uniform? Never gonna happen.

Definitely can't happen. There have been some very nice people who very forcefully were explaining why so many hockey insiders had no idea what was going on. Even a 1% chance of this happening is too great a percentage to peg on it.

Definitely can't happen. There have been some very nice people who very forcefully were explaining why so many hockey insiders had no idea what was going on. Even a 1% chance of this happening is too great a percentage to peg on it.

Damn you Potvin for leading us on like this!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.