GDT: Game 3 Devils @ Edmonton Senators 930pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Yeah, him getting beat by Hemsky with a beer league toe drag was awesome. I think it was a 2 on 1 as well, with Hemsky being a right handed shooter on the right side. Adam going to Hemsky and missing everything shows me what we are dealing with. I am tired of hearing about age, he blows. Go watch Jake Trouba play.

I think we're all glad you're a fan and not a coach then.

In fairness, I don't think we can say with any real certainty what Marty is at this point.  No one can.  He's never been a backup in his career, so it's not like playing him less will make him better, or reverse slowing reflexes.  The numbers over the last few seasons overall indicate that he's not a good puck-stopper anymore (the roughly 50-game burst to close out the '11-'12 season was likely the very best of what he has left).  I don't see him being that much better than he's been since the start of last season. 

Schneider will get a workload this season (don't see how he won't, no matter how many games Marty envisions himself starting) that he's never gotten before, and that's good...we need to see if Schneider can play 50-60 games (or more) in a given year. 

I'm not expecting anything out of Marty this year. He's been slowing down. Having only 2 preseason games didn't help him, and now having to go through the season right after losing his father is really going to weigh on him. This is going to be a very hard year for him emotionally, especially if he's already decided to hang them up after this season. (He said he wouldn't announce it publicly)

Regardless, the devils looked very good for two period but you can tell they are still ajusting the the system from the number of breakaways they have given up. Over time I expect the defense to improve and I think long term the collapse will help them. I am happy they were clutch and pulled out a point but I do worry that we still do not look good on shootouts, hope that improves as it could costs us a playoff spot.

Yeah, him getting beat by Hemsky with a beer league toe drag was awesome. I think it was a 2 on 1 as well, with Hemsky being a right handed shooter on the right side. Adam going to Hemsky and missing everything shows me what we are dealing with. I am tired of hearing about age, he blows. Go watch Jake Trouba play.

Picking random negative plays is not a good way of evaluating a player. As a whole, Larsson has been solid, shown improvement in his physical game, and continues to develop his already impressive on-ice vision.

Meanwhile, you champion Urbom who has played *google search* zero games for the Capitals since being claimed.

I'm not expecting anything out of Marty this year. He's been slowing down. Having only 2 preseason games didn't help him, and now having to go through the season right after losing his father is really going to weigh on him. This is going to be a very hard year for him emotionally, especially if he's already decided to hang them up after this season. (He said he wouldn't announce it publicly)

I'm not either (expecting much out of Marty).  If he has one more 10-game-or-so stretch of solid hockey left, I'll take it.  And yes, I think this year will be hard on Marty in a lot of ways. 

Tri has me a bit worried about Larsson from something he said in a game chat the other day - what if he was just a physical freak as a young man which resulted in him outclassing his age group?  I admittedly didn't follow much of his pre-draft scouting reports, but I'm hoping he's got a lot more maturing to do.

I mean, people were (perhaps foolishly) throwing around Lidstrom's name during the draft...that's looking like a farfetched dream right now.  

But he's still very young, and has tons of time to grow and mature, so I'm far from giving up on him.

Edited by Devilsfan118

It was a 3 on 1 and that was the shift where Andy Greene went full retard. Larsson made a lot of great breakout passes and had a memorable play against Hall on a 1 on 1.

I'm not worried about Larsson, I am worried about Harrold, I'm just not feeling a 30 yr old w/ the experience of a 22 yr old.  And is it really smart to have Sal & Vol on this roster, 1 older statesman that cannot skate is enough!!  the kids are killing these guys in the 3rd period!!

get rid of Vol & Harrold & get Merril & Gelinas up here ASAP!

Tri has me a bit worried about Larsson from something he said in a game chat the other day - what if he was just a physical freak as a young man which resulted in him outclassing his age group?  I admittedly didn't follow much of his pre-draft scouting reports, but I'm hoping he's got a lot more maturing to do.

I mean, people were (perhaps foolishly) throwing around Lidstrom's name during the draft...that's looking like a farfetched dream right now.  

But he's still very young, and has tons of time to grow and mature, so I'm far from giving up on him.

Comparables are horrible.   No one should be compared to Nick Lidstrom.    I saw Sammi Salo used as well, which is more realistic and much more boring.