Rumor: Ducks Shopping Bobby Ryan?

thefiestygoat

I don't think they should trade him for quantity. They had a stellar 2010 draft, and could see Emerson Etem replace one of their retiring forwards.

If they just want a shake up, then a quality for quality situation might not be the worst thing (just an example, ryan for jeff carter straight up). If they do go for quanity, then I agree that STL would be a good fit.

I think Ryan kinda grew up all over - Wikipedia says he played on a team as a teenager in Los Angeles, and I think he spent a lot of time in the Toronto area as well.

I am pretty sure he would say he is from NJ. I am pretty sure he wears number 9 since his favorite player was Pelle Єklund (2.3% accurate). I used to ref a lot of his roller games when he was young. I once made go into hysterics because when he was 8 years old I gave him a penalty for tripping some pylon kid. Too funny. Bobby had nasty hands even then. Nice guy for sure. Not sure if there is a fit in NJ for so many reasons.

I think Ryan kinda grew up all over - Wikipedia says he played on a team as a teenager in Los Angeles, and I think he spent a lot of time in the Toronto area as well.

Ryan actually had a real unique upbringing....

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/us_olympic_hockey_player_bobby.html

On the run, he combed parts of Canada and Alaska, looking for good junior hockey programs for his son. Bobby had a gift that needed to be cultivated.

The fugitive’s scouting trip ended in El Segundo, Calif., just outside Los Angeles, where an elite hockey feeder system was in place.

Before his wife and son arrived, Stevenson changed his name. Bob Stevenson became Shane Ryan, an alias created after watching the movie "Saving Private Ryan."

His son changed his name, too.

Bobby Stevenson disappeared.

"My parents made it clear," he says. "They were serious, so I only had to be told once: ‘You’re Bobby Ryan to anybody who asks. No exceptions."

Only if we're losing Parise would I want it to be considered. I think we could most definitely put a package together, but I dont know how financially sound a move would be.

Ryan is a Jersey kid, but hes a Cherry Hill kid. Its highly possible he identifies with the Flyers rather than the Devils.

oh yeah...his father who's last name ain't ryan was friends with bobby clarke....he new clarke through his gym

Which brings us to the events of Oct. 29, 1997. They come hard and fast. On that night, father and son sat in their second-row seats at the CoreStates Arena, Flyers vs. Blues. Dad was rooting for the home team because he knew he'd be seeing his friend, Bob Clarke, the Flyers GM, at Clarke's gym the next day. The son was also rooting for the Flyers, even if the Blues' Brett Hull was his favorite player.

My link

Edited by justdo3043

Nope, don't even remember that.

Okay good haha. He and JVR were talking about Jersey and he said something like "North NJ doesn't represent NJ" or it sucks or something to that affect. They were both playfully jabbing at eachother... and some people got REALLY upset and started a twitter campaign against him haha.

Okay good haha. He and JVR were talking about Jersey and he said something like "North NJ doesn't represent NJ" or it sucks or something to that affect. They were both playfully jabbing at eachother... and some people got REALLY upset and started a twitter campaign against him haha.

North NJ doesnt represent NJ? hahaha what else would it represent? Of course, hes from Cherry Hill...

I see the Preds dealing for Ryan

Sounds like he meant that North NJ doesn't represent ALL of NJ and that's true. I think sometimes central and south Jersey get passed over too.

Something just irks me about Ryan, he doesn't hit me as a very loyal player.

BTW if the Devils ever landed him down with his Twitter. He talks to fans openly about speculation.

the ducks are shopping Ryan because they need improvement and anyone we gave them that would improve them would hurt us. parise for ryan? i'd stick with parise. even if we need to trade him we could get a better player(defensemen).

Jersey is a segmented state that is night and day... which is why Jersey has difficulties creating an exclusive identity and why a 'Jersey' team is a hard sell.

North Jersey is very much NY... you'll get plenty of people to agree to that. Then you'll get those who argue it's not... but to outsiders, they appears as New Yorker's.

Anywhere from Trenton to Camden, etc is very much a Philly area. Again, you'll get those who say no... but to outsiders, they are very much Philly.

South Jersey is very... well... South Jersey. They either are seen as piney's or Philly transplants.

Central Jersey is a mix of all three... and there is always a disgareement of what exactly "Central" Jersey is... As both my parents and myself were born/raised in Toms River I knew this well... before I moved to Philly for college and stayed. Now I'm a weird Devils/Eagles/Mets fan. Although those were my teams before I got here... I blame my 3rd grade teacher's obsession with Randell Cunnigham for the birds :)

• Like 2

rumours from Єklund (2.3% accurate) is that Flyers might get him and that Rangers are on him too...

for the love of god be wrong once again Ek...

Not their fault that their teams that actually want to improve their competitiveness. That being said, how the Flyers and Rangers caps aren't already busting at the seams is beyond me.

Jersey is a segmented state that is night and day... which is why Jersey has difficulties creating an exclusive identity and why a 'Jersey' team is a hard sell.

North Jersey is very much NY... you'll get plenty of people to agree to that. Then you'll get those who argue it's not... but to outsiders, they appears as New Yorker's.

Anywhere from Trenton to Camden, etc is very much a Philly area. Again, you'll get those who say no... but to outsiders, they are very much Philly.

South Jersey is very... well... South Jersey. They either are seen as piney's or Philly transplants.

Central Jersey is a mix of all three... and there is always a disgareement of what exactly "Central" Jersey is... As both my parents and myself were born/raised in Toms River I knew this well... before I moved to Philly for college and stayed. Now I'm a weird Devils/Eagles/Mets fan. Although those were my teams before I got here... I blame my 3rd grade teacher's obsession with Randell Cunnigham for the birds :)

I totally agree about the differences between North Jersey and South Jersey being like night and day, generally speaking. I've even sensed a hatred of North Jersey from some/many South Jerseyans.

Actually, I've read that a long long time ago New Jersey was split in half down the middle -- East Jersey and West Jersey -- rather than the current North/South.

An opinion of mine that is not popular with others is that I feel like New York City is like North Jersey's city. That North NJ and NYC are like one state. So many people that work in NY live in NJ.

Or that North Jersey is part of New York. That's what I always hear from people.