2008 Summer Olympics

Satans Hockey

If you want to mock YouTube's anti-American block on coverage go here:

http://valleywag.com/5034896/how-to-crack-...lympics-channel

As to the rest of this topic, I agree with SD. American > *. I don't care if it is ballroom dancing, competitive fly fishing or hotdog eating, Whether I like the sport or not is immaterial. I want the American to win. Period. One day I want a Perfect Olympics where we win every medal that we mathematically could win. Until then I will settle for winning the Olympics. We haven't lost a Summer Olympics since 1992 and that was to the "Unified Team" which was bullsh!t.

So that chick is using Scott for a green card - now it all makes sense... :whistling:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say it was unremarkable until the torch lighting which was insane.

The guy who lit the thing flew to the cauldron.

Blacked out for those waiting to watch tonight on NBC. It was pretty boring most of the way but the ending was good. I would tune in around 11 o'clock.

OK, I watched the end of the opening ceremonies mainly because this particular post had me kind of pumped. Maybe it's because the sound was off while the other TV was playing the Yankees game (what a waste that was), but the torch lighting was kind of anti-climactic. A dude pretending to run around the stadium while hanging from a rope? Ugh. The lighting itself was pretty cool, the way the flame spiraled up the path all the way up to the torch. But other than that, booooooring.

I forget which Olympic Games it was, maybe Salt Lake City, but the one where an archer lit the torch with a flaming arrow still gets my nod for the sickest torch lighting I've ever seen. Ali's torch lighting in Atlanta is a close second. Maybe I'm a U.S.A. homer?

OK, I watched the end of the opening ceremonies mainly because this particular post had me kind of pumped. Maybe it's because the sound was off while the other TV was playing the Yankees game (what a waste that was), but the torch lighting was kind of anti-climactic. A dude pretending to run around the stadium while hanging from a rope? Ugh. The lighting itself was pretty cool, the way the flame spiraled up the path all the way up to the torch. But other than that, booooooring.

I forget which Olympic Games it was, maybe Salt Lake City, but the one where an archer lit the torch with a flaming arrow still gets my nod for the sickest torch lighting I've ever seen. Ali's torch lighting in Atlanta is a close second. Maybe I'm a U.S.A. homer?

It was better on the BBC coverage because they didn't show him up close thus you couldn't see the harness. As such you were taken a back when he took off. The way NBC filmed it you could see everything so it ruined the suspension of disbelief.

As mentioned the Archer was Barcelona in 92. Salt Lake had the entire 1980 hockey team light the torch.

I wish the US had a handball team. This game is awesome, it's like a mix between hockey, soccer, water polo and lacrosse.

I agree, I noticed it during the last summer Olympics. I wish we had an intramural handball league at school.

Can't wait for the US mens Soccer team's game tomorrow at 7:45 am. My uncle is the goalie coach for the team and for several other US Soccer teams.

That's awesome.

I randomly stumbled on the Russia-Korea women's handball team and watched the whole rest of the game. The court isn't big enough for my tastes but it seemed like it would be a really fun game to watch. I might change my opinion on the court if I see the men play it.

I wish the US had a handball team. This game is awesome, it's like a mix between hockey, soccer, water polo and lacrosse.

We have a handball team, they just suck.

U.S. teams have not qualified for an Olympic Games since the 1996 Games in Atlanta. The last time the U.S. teams qualified for the Olympic Games without the home country inclusion was in 1992 in Barcelona.

http://handball.teamusa.org/news/article/299

Can't wait for the US mens Soccer team's game tomorrow at 7:45 am. My uncle is the goalie coach for the team and for several other US Soccer teams.

You should call him and tell him that Guzans distribution of the ball was horrendous. He kicked the ball just aimlessly down the field to the other keeper way too many times today.

Watching the "Redeem Team" USA Men's basketball team playing China and they look outstanding. Lebron and Kobe leading the way. USA up by 12 points at the half and it could have been a blowout already if it wasn't for China hitting the early 3-pointers early in the game. USA should just blow them out in the second half. This USA Men's basketball team is one of the best I have seen since the Jordan/Magic Johnson years.

GO Team USA!!!!

Edited by SatansDevils