The Hockey News predictions for the year

roomtemp

As they said on Puck Daddy before the Florida series began...

"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies."

Well, they'll crash and burn eventually...every team does at some point. I just hope these guys then don't act like they saw it coming all along...many experts have been predicting the Devils' demise for years. With the exception of last season, clearly the Devils haven't done much come playoff time since 2003, but more than once I've seen the Devils predicted to flat-out miss the playoffs altogether. I wish I could see various columnists' and observers' prediction since 2005, just to see how accurate they were.

Well, they'll crash and burn eventually...every team does at some point. I just hope these guys then don't act like they saw it coming all along...many experts have been predicting the Devils' demise for years. With the exception of last season, clearly the Devils haven't done much come playoff time since 2003, but more than once I've seen the Devils predicted to flat-out miss the playoffs altogether. I wish I could see various columnists' and observers' prediction since 2005, just to see how accurate they were.

Yeah, it'll come crashing down at some point, and it'll be messy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the entire hockey expert community will dance in the streets on this day. They were beside themselves with joy in the beginning of 2010-11, and even the beginning of last year when the big guns started slow and Marty got hurt.

Yeah, it'll come crashing down at some point, and it'll be messy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the entire hockey expert community will dance in the streets on this day. They were beside themselves with joy in the beginning of 2010-11, and even the beginning of last year when the big guns started slow and Marty got hurt.

I never really got why the hockey experts despise the Devils so much. Outside the whole "they made hockey boring with the trap," BS, what is getting them all riled up about the Devils? We never really had a player that was hated by the rest of the league outside of possibly Lemieux and the Devils at least present themselves pretty well to the public.

It would give us all a great laugh to see how many professional hockey writers were completely wrong year after year. I mean, our defense is 'perilously thin'?? How can it be thin when we have too many NHL-defensemen? I feel like the writers just try to sound clever. I doubt they even know what the word peril means? It really is a damn joke.

hahaha I love this stuff..

We've been underestimated by hockey fans and international media for decades. I'm starting to believe in all the good karma that has come from that stigma (and vice versa for the Rangers). Let them talk us down, the players on our team have never given a sh!t what the media says.

I never really got why the hockey experts despise the Devils so much. Outside the whole "they made hockey boring with the trap," BS, what is getting them all riled up about the Devils? We never really had a player that was hated by the rest of the league outside of possibly Lemieux and the Devils at least present themselves pretty well to the public.

Because the Devils, a relatively smaller, relatively untraditional market in NJ has had more overall success in the last 15 years than most, if not all, Canadian teams combined in that same time frame.

How about them Leafs?

Because the Devils, a relatively smaller, relatively untraditional market in NJ has had more overall success in the last 15 years than most, if not all, Canadian teams combined in that same time frame.

How about them Leafs?

I know there is the whole Rodney Dangerfield thing going on, but the level that the writers talk about the Devils is beyond anything else I can compare to any other team in any other North American professional league.

Wild top 5 in the West

Lol what a joke, so many better teams come to mind.

Kings

Canucks

Blues

Predators

Red Wings

Coyotes

Sharks

Then you have the teams left fighting for that 7th/8th spot.

Stars

Avalanche

Ducks

Wild

Flames

And of course

Oilers

Columbus

Edited by Zubie#8

How about them Leafs?

We're also in between a bunch of darlings like Philly, Pitt and NYR.