The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

That video was brilliant.

I can't even tell you guys how pumped I am. The last time I saw Devils playoff hockey was in 2009. And we all know what happened that year. In 2010, when we were ousted by Philadelphia, I did not get to see one game because I was at CG boot camp. And then last year, obviously we missed out. So for me it feels like an eternity. I know I am going to sound like a broken record by the time this is settled Saturday night, but for the love of the hockey gods, FLORIDA can you PLEASE GET A POINT!! I already purchased tickets to Game 1 at the BankAtlantic Center. I don't want to waste a four hour drive to see the friggin' Rags play them! Screw that.

I am so damn excited. Best time of the year.

That's why I didn't put mine up... you edit out the bar code and and seat location and there's not much to look at

GO DEVILS!

I replied to Dead's DM but the tix pictures were posted by a member of HF so I'm assuming he's cool with the whole bar code thing

I'm very excited but my excitement is tempered by the the lackluster effort our team has put forth in recent years in the playoffs. It seems we can't make it out of round 1 and I think we need a serious run this year. I had such high hopes a few years ago when we lost to Carolina. Drawing the Flyers two years ago was just awful. Worst match up possible. I was so mad when we beat the Sabres in the final game to draw the Flyers. They were a team I did not want to see.

I think we are in a great spot this year. Our bane is Boston and Pittsburgh I think and if we can avoid them until the ECF I'll be happy.

Of course that's just such a long way away. Let's just get out of round 1 for a change for the love of Pete.

Scoops

I'm very excited but my excitement is tempered by the the lackluster effort our team has put forth in recent years in the playoffs. It seems we can't make it out of round 1 and I think we need a serious run this year. I had such high hopes a few years ago when we lost to Carolina. Drawing the Flyers two years ago was just awful. Worst match up possible. I was so mad when we beat the Sabres in the final game to draw the Flyers. They were a team I did not want to see.

I think we are in a great spot this year. Our bane is Boston and Pittsburgh I think and if we can avoid them until the ECF I'll be happy.

Of course that's just such a long way away. Let's just get out of round 1 for a change for the love of Pete.

Scoops

this.

I want to and hope we go all the way and just win 16 more games, but in reality i feel another first round exit. I don't feel like this team has the depth needed to get through to the second, third round, let alone the finals. I hope to god they prove me wrong but I can't get my hopes up again after these recent years.

There isn't exactly much to choose from as far as avatars on the site, at least not real hockey-related ones. There used to be quite a few, I don't know what happened to them all.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured how to upload one of my pictures and turn it into an avatar...I might have to find a more clearer one than the scoreboard during Marty's #552.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They will give them a run for their money. Rangers in 6 or 7.

Or, NYR could completely collapse and lose in 5 or 6.

Orrr ny could sweep the caps because they have been playing like they could all season. And that is more likely than the rags losing at all honestly lol

Edited by Onddeck

Detroit (5th) VS Nashville (4th)

Philadelphia (5th) VS Pittsburgh(4th)

Those are set.

Off the bat, two awesome matchups. I want Philly to win but my gut is telling me Pittsburgh in 5 or 6.

The first western series is going to be a dogfight, pulling for Nashville though.

Off the bat, two awesome matchups. I want Philly to win but my gut is telling me Pittsburgh in 5 or 6.

The first western series is going to be a dogfight, pulling for Nashville though.

Yep. Two very good teams are guaranteed to be eliminated right off the bat.