All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Just bought a Hischier jersey. First new jersey since like 2008(my ex bought me a Parise jersey). Anyway, I am only 5'2 so I got a youth large this time, my usual clothing size, and with the promotion they are running it only cost me $75.00 for it with the lettering. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Waiting on 3 jerseys in the mail. 

Bought a white and retro team issued from MeiGreys sale, will bring them to the USA and send them to EPS when I'm on vacation in March to get customised. 

Also bought a red Edge 2.0 from Jersey Baron with 100th patch and Elias. 

Can't wait for them to turn up!

8 hours ago, newjerseydamo said:

Waiting on 3 jerseys in the mail. 

Bought a white and retro team issued from MeiGreys sale, will bring them to the USA and send them to EPS when I'm on vacation in March to get customised. 

Also bought a red Edge 2.0 from Jersey Baron with 100th patch and Elias. 

Can't wait for them to turn up!

Head's up that EPS turnaround time can be 4-12 weeks depending on volume.

9 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Head's up that EPS turnaround time can be 4-12 weeks depending on volume.

Thanks, but no issues there as I'm well aware ;) I've got a mate in NJ that I'll just have EPS ship back to, and then he can forward on to me :)

I got the jersey today and it looks nice. My only complaint is that the crest is really small. My own fault, I guess I just never thought about it before and I had never ordered a youth sized jersey before either. I'm really happy this one fits really well, looks nice, and cost me a fraction of what most jerseys cost. I could buy like 3 for the price of 1 adult jersey.

• 10 months later...

Time to dust off this thread as it has been a year.

Hockey Haus in Bound Brook, NJ is going out of business on 6/30/18.  Therefore all of their stock is on sale including NHL apparel which is 40% off.  I was in there the other day and they had Reebok replicas and CCM Team Classic retro's in all sizes and all were blank.  With the markdown the retros were $71 and while I did not ask the price, I can imagine the Reebok replicas are cheaper.  They also had hats, shirts and other knick-knacks that were discounted as well.  They are not doing customizations anymore for obvious reasons, so this is a nice cheap(er) way to get a replica retro and later send to EPS.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

Does EPS customize the new adidas jerseys? Have a new blank I would like to get done.

Technically yes and no.

EPS lost the contract to do the Devils on-ice jerseys last year to Philly Express.  If you want to have it done 100% exactly like what the players wear, you would have to use them.  However they do not take public orders directly.  Instead you must use someone like Philly Skate Zone to send it in for you.

EPS can still customize the Adidas Devils jerseys though.  From what I have seen it is not quite 100% but damn close (like 95-98% close).  They do have the new fonts and correct sizing/materials as well (name font changed slightly and the numbers are a little smaller).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 11:15 AM, DevsMan84 said:

Technically yes and no.

EPS lost the contract to do the Devils on-ice jerseys last year to Philly Express.  If you want to have it done 100% exactly like what the players wear, you would have to use them.  However they do not take public orders directly.  Instead you must use someone like Philly Skate Zone to send it in for you.

EPS can still customize the Adidas Devils jerseys though.  From what I have seen it is not quite 100% but damn close (like 95-98% close).  They do have the new fonts and correct sizing/materials as well (name font changed slightly and the numbers are a little smaller).

Thanks!

Do you have a link to Philly Skate Zone? Want to send my blank Adidas jersey in pretty soon.

14 hours ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

Thanks!

Do you have a link to Philly Skate Zone? Want to send my blank Adidas jersey in pretty soon.

Here is their website:

http://www.flyersskatezone.com/

I don't think they do these orders over the internet like EPS does.  I think you will either have to call or literally visit them to arrange for them to forward to PX.

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’d rather just use EPS. Might not be 100% accurate, but I bet the work is better anyways. 

I had EPS do my Hischier. It’s like 99% and the work is WAY better. The PX work I stripped from it (was a game issued Dalton Prout Jersey) was sloppily done, the nameplate has about an inch and a half or two inch section that wasn’t even sewn down. It came from MeiGray this way, BEFORE I started stripping it:

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

There was also a lot of sloppiness in the stitching, and some of the letters (most notably the T) were crooked:

25836512788_97db507369_b.jpg

So I elected for EPS to do my work. 

The letter size was adjusted properly but there was some variation in font. The left is the R on the EPS jersey. The right is from the PX Prout nameplate:

39774754330_4777590f6a_b.jpg

As you can see the bottom of the R is slightly more spread than the PX, and the EPS letter is a hair wider overall. But of course, when not comparing, it’s hardly noticeable:

41542221752_d27d39d55f_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yikes that PX work looks awful. 

They got a little bit better as the season went on.  My Butcher set 2 and my Severson Patrik Elias retirement night gamers were a little bit better stitched.  My Hall, Boyle and Johansson set 1's were all pretty sloppily done with loose threads, sloppy/crooked lettering and stuff like the nameplates being cut too close on the tops and bottoms.  Hell, PX actually only heat pressed the NHL 100th anniversary patch down and the Devils equipment staff had to sew it down after they got them (you can tell because it is a different stitch pattern when you see the jersey in person).

However, even the set 2's from PX were not as good as the job EPS has done over the past 10+ years with the Devils.

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I completely agree with mfitz that to save headaches it is better to just go through EPS.  Getting it 99% exact with little to no headaches trumps 100% exact with headaches and questionable quality to boot.

Agree, if I ever go this route, I'll take 99% accurate with superior quality.  NO ONE will notice the difference. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• 1 month later...

The entire team?  What kind of jersey?

If it is a replica and the entire team, about $200-500 is my best guess.  Authentic jersey might bring it up another $100.

Market is kind of soft now so expect closer to lower end, but you never know.

Edited by DevsMan84

He said there are more than 20 autographs, so I’m guessing its the entire team. But I don’t know what kind of jersey it is. And certainly they don’t. He’s a casual fan at best, and I don’t think she’s a fan at all. She just bought a raffle ticket or something to support whatever the cause was.

Thanks for the info. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.