Brett Favre traded to the Jets

DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news and a great job by the Jets

it will be sat to see Chad go, he was the epitome of class, but didn't have the physical tools to be an elite starter.

Agreed.

Show of hands: Who can honestly say they didn't see this coming from about 100 miles away when the Favre bullsh!t first started?

No one?

Thought so...

I never thought this would happen, probably just because I'm a cynical Jets fan though.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stop doing that ! :unsure:

What's so funny about seeing the Jets trading for the dramma queen himself, Favre at the age of 38(Gonna be 39 in October) and the fact that Favre haven't really praticed so far in the training camp, and he'll have to learn the whole Jets offence, and the fact that the jets gave up on Clemens and Pennington ?

:giggle:

Edited by TravisZajac

Stop doing that ! :unsure:

What's so funny about seeing the Jets trading for the dramma queen himself, Favre at the age of 38(Gonna be 39 in October) and the fact that Favre haven't really praticed so far in the training camp, and he'll have to learn the whole Jets offence, and the fact that the jets gave up on Clemens and Pennington ?

Clemens is still young and Pennington hasn't amounted to anything special.

Clemens is still young and Pennington hasn't amounted to anything special.

I should have said that they prolly gave up on Clemens this year, while Pennington, we all know, isn't what he used to be, 2x Shoulder injuries ? Its a shame, since he had so much talent coming up after that 22tds/6ints season ?(2002 season ?)

Oh well, .

Well.. The madden curse already hit him :

He's traded to the Jets.

In a way this is almost like the Santana trade where the market dried up to a ridiculous extent to the point where Tangini couldn't help but make this deal. And now that they have, it may well be playoffs or bust for that regime if it wasn't already.

If they're going to get rid of Chad anyway which seems obvious now, at least have the good sense not to play him tonight. I wouldn't junk Clemens yet, he was in a hopeless situation last year so I don't think it's a real barometer of anything. Having him back up Favre for a year, or however long the drama queen feels like playing might not be so bad.

In a way this is almost like the Santana trade where the market dried up to a ridiculous extent to the point where Tangini couldn't help but make this deal. And now that they have, it may well be playoffs or bust for that regime if it wasn't already.

If they're going to get rid of Chad anyway which seems obvious now, at least have the good sense not to play him tonight. I wouldn't junk Clemens yet, he was in a hopeless situation last year so I don't think it's a real barometer of anything. Having him back up Favre for a year, or however long the drama queen feels like playing might not be so bad.

well, in reality, the Jets made good moves this Off-season, but I thought they were going to rebuild after this year, guess I was wrong.

Now does Madden cover does has to change Favre in a Packer uniform for..

Favre in a Jets uniform ? This is a good question.. :giggle:

Btw where's Crusher's rant on this subject ?

Edited by TravisZajac

This trade means:

-Tampa was never really interested

-Jets will NOT make the playoffs this year

-the Jets will now raise the prices on their PSL's and do a heavy push for this.

-Favre will lead the league in INT's.

-People will discover ESPN exists in August

Edited by MantaRay

Btw where's Crusher's rant on this subject ?

in the NFL Off-Season thread :P

I'm not overwhelmed by this move... I'm not even sure Favre > Chad now

BTW< Chad to be released today... he can come to Dallas and back up Romo any day! B )

As good a player as Brett Favre has been throughout his career -- a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer, for sure -- I'd be a little leery about this acquisition if I was a huge Jets fan.

Favre likes to fly by the seat of his pants. And Mangini is a bit of a control freak. I have a hard time seeing the two of them co-existing peacefully.

Plus, Brett tried to retire twice already from the team that he loved. Would it surprise anyone if he upped and walked away if things aren't going well by midway through this season?