Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

a friend of mine said he heard XM NHL this AM and he said, Potvin said, Kovlachuk to the "FLYERS" not Devils

Actually, I think he said "New Jersey".

Heck, at this point, I don't know what to think.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friend of mine said he heard XM NHL this AM and he said, Potvin said, Kovlachuk to the "FLYERS" not Devils

He never mentioned the Devils

If you google Kovalchuck the first thing that comes up is a Flyers rumor from 11 hrs ago.

Edited by Elias26

Here is a rumor killer:

Kovy wants $10 million a season for next 10 years.

Move on....

That's not a rumor killer. It is well known that Kovy would be a RENTAL for about 90% of the teams he'd end up on.

I think the idea for the Kovalchuk camp is to go to a team that has a chance to win as a rental right now and then worry about his contract in the summer.

LOL. Have you seen Kovalchuk play lately????

It was just a few weeks ago that everyone in hockey was talking about how lazy he was and that he is not captain material.

Anyway, I feel confident that Potvin was being sarcastic because he watches Kovy and knows that Lou would never be interested in such a one-dimensional player who doesn't care about winning. FYI: Players have to care about winning which is the definition of a Devils-type player.

Manta, I understand what you are saying, but look at it this way. 99.9% of Professional Athletes want to win. Kovalchuk is no exception. I have watched him play many times, and yes, there are a several times where he has "dogged" it out there, but the majority of the time HE IS THE ONLY ONE ACTUALLY TRYING TO WIN. He gets little to no help. It has been a little better this year with the addition of Antropov and Afinogenov, but in the past, he was doing the bulk of the work.

Picture yourself at a job, wherein you bust your ass, work hard to bring in money for the company, but your boss turns around and blows all the money on stupid office trinkets and fires all your support co-workers. How can you feel motivated to play your best for a company that doesn't try to be the best?

I can understand his frustration. Am I making excuses for him? No. But I can totally get where he is coming from.

hf posters have some really silly proposals going on:

To NJ: Kovulchuk, Anssi Salmela and a 2nd round

To Atl: Patrick Elias, Mattias Tedenby, 1st in 2010, conditional pick in 2011

----

To Atlanta: Brian Rolston + David Clarkson/Niklas Bergfors + Alexander Vasyunov + 1st round pick

To NJ: Ilya Kovalchuk

The rumor was said the DEVILS this morning on XM radio. Several people have called me and told me the news. When I see it I will believe it.

Pull the trigger Lou! Devils could really use a player like Kovalchuk.

Maybe in the trade would be Bergfors, Halischuk, Oduya and a top pick like a #1 or a #2 for Kovalchuk. Not sure if Lou would ever do that though.

Here is a rumor killer:

Kovy wants $10 million a season for next 10 years.

Move on....

Potvin ( Bless his heart), said he was going as a rental.

I knew I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Sign me up. You know what's funny, is that I couldn't fall asleep last night aside from the usual thoughts of sex, my career and whatever...this came up. I was thinking what it'd take to get him.

I came up with Rolston (a guy who could help their floor, keep their cap number up, be their captain for the next few years and help teach the young guys), Bergfors, Fraser and a 1st.

PLaying around.

I'd love to see it happen, it'd be super exciting.

The only thing I'd be worried about is him walking away after all we gave up to get him (or even the KHL). That's the big thing for me.

it's almost certainly not true. i just can't imagine what the devils would send back. oduya-bergfors-halischuk-leblond-1st for kovalchuk-kubina? it doesn't really add up - it's too much.

That maybe too much right there Tri. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder with Bergfors, Halischuk, Oduya and Leblond... That would not be too much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.