Which team are you?

iceowl14

So, I'm a Devils supporter from over here in the UK. I started supporting the Devs when I joined my uni ice hockey team having never played..

I am also a die hard Sheffield Wednesday fan. They are a soccer team currently in the second tier, with my family being 'Wednesdayites' since the 1950's.

What I wanted to know from this is, does anyone have a favourite British football team? And if so, is there a story behind it? How much do you follow your team?

LGD!!

Big Liverpool fan here. Back in the early 2000's, before YouTube and such, it was really hard to watch much Premier League stuff. I had a friend whose whole family were diehard Liverpool fans and even part of a fan club and everything and I remember watching a VHS that recapped (I think) the 01-02 season and immediately fell in love with the team and haven't looked back. I even own a Peter Crouch jersey, although Dudek is probably my favorite player they've ever had seeing that I was a keeper myself. I'll never forget watching him in the 2005 Champions League final against AC Milan.

I used to follow our local MLS team back when they were still the Metrostars but then life got busy and I stopped following the sport for a bit. A few years ago I started to play pick up soccer games a few times a week in the spring/summer and I got into following the EPL since we have solid coverage of it over here.

I chose to support Manchester United since 1) they are the Red Devils 2) almost all their games are televised here 3) Beckham who I always liked played for them 4) the movie Eurotrip is one of my favorites and the hooligans were United supporters (random I know).

I've been able to learn a ton and immerse myself with knowledge on the team and it's history through blogs and forums which is awesome. I even had the chance to watch the movie "United" about the 1958 Munich Air Disaster which really helped me gain perspective into what United means to so many people. It starred one of my favorite English actors, Jack O'Connell as Sir Bobby Charlton too.

Really like these stories so far. When I first started supporting NJD, I did exactly the same as thefeistygoat and looked into the history of the team and where it came from. Was really interesting to read how it had been in Kansas and Colorado previously because you don't get that with soccer over here. Sheffield Wednesday have been going since 1867, one of the first teams in the world!

To elaborate on my earlier post, the reason I got into Fulham was because of Clint Dempsey, who is probably the best American player on the plant right now. All throughout my life, I played competitively and thought I played similar to Clint (with 1/100 of the skill!)His pace, awareness and deadly shot are my favorite attributes. Anyway, I started following theteam when he signed there, but with passing interest.

Fast forward to 2010 where I'm on my school trip to the UK. The first stop was London and we a few of my buddies and I decided to take in a game at Craven Cottage against Wigan. We had to on and off several trains but finally arrived at the Fulham stop. The walk from the station to the stadium was almost a mile, but you could here the chants the moment you got off the train, which was insanely awesome. Just gives me goosebumps thinking about how passionate and dedicated European football fans are

• 2 weeks later...