Patrik Elias

justdo3043

Holik mentioned it in one of his podcasts at holikonhockey, and I am pretty sure when he signed that the interested teams were listed as the Rangers, Blackhawks, and Canadiens.

I knew that the Rangers made him a huge offer, but I didn't realize that he had all but agreed to it before changing his mind and deciding to return to NJ. The fact that the Rangers were pursuing him was public knowledge. The fact he almost signed with them is new.

I knew that the Rangers made him a huge offer, but I didn't realize that he had all but agreed to it before changing his mind and deciding to return to NJ. The fact that the Rangers were pursuing him was public knowledge. The fact he almost signed with them is new.

I wish they said what the "snafu" was... or if it was just what is reported Lou does (ie go to free agency, see what you can get, and give the opportunity to match or pass).

I've heard that the Devils essentially matched what the Rangers were offering. I think the Devils gave him slightly more total money and an extra year above what the Rangers offered.

Hopefully that's what happens with Parise if the Rags decide to stick their snout out of the ground.

I don't know about all but agreeing to it. I still think he was using the Rangers to drive up the price from the Devils (and get the NMC).

I think I remember reading something about the no movement clause being the kicker...not so much that he said the Rags wouldn't give it to him but rather the Devils did...

Yeah I remember him mentioning during a postgame interview the following season that the no-movement clause was the deciding factor between the Devils and Rangers. He's one of my favorite players but when I think of him I always have this thought in the back of my mind that he was so close to signing with them.