Brylin signed

smelly

But it's hard for me to picture Lou tipping his hand.

Well, in my experience, if you buy enough season tix (I have 8), he's startlingly honest with you. He was very up front with me about his efforts to obtain Pavel Bure before he ended up going to FL for Jovanovski.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update: I have it from a pretty good source (although not Lou himself, this time) that the only reason Brylin has not actually signed the contract, and, as a result, why his return is not yet public, is because his agent has been on vacation.

In any event, like I said, the deal IS done, and he will be back.

eh, i hate this "i got a pretty good source" nonsence. my pretty good source says the sky will be blue tommarow, i hope brylin is signed, and im not accusing you of lieing, its just if you cant cite who you get your info from dont bother posting it.

If you don't want to believe me, that's your choice. I stated up front that the source that Brylin has agreed to a deal is Lou himself. The details re: why it has not been announced come from someone who works a couple of levels below lou, and asked that I not use his name. Make of it what you will.

eh, i hate this "i got a pretty good source" nonsence. my pretty good source says the sky will be blue tommarow, i hope brylin is signed, and im not accusing you of lieing, its just if you cant cite who you get your info from dont bother posting it.

i disagree... if there is someone out there that knows something, think he know something or even dreamt something about the devils, I want it posted B )

Well, when someone does the whole "I have a source" thing they create a reputation for themselves. If they are consistently accurate, then more power to them. Those that are spewing bullsh!t eventually stop or are driven out. I don't remember any of smelly's previous inside info (if any), but why not give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see what happens?

i disagree... if there is someone out there that knows something, think he know something or even dreamt something about the devils, I want it posted B )

me too

Well, when someone does the whole "I have a source" thing they create a reputation for themselves. If they are consistently accurate, then more power to them. Those that are spewing bullsh!t eventually stop or are driven out. I don't remember any of smelly's previous inside info (if any), but why not give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see what happens?

allright, good point, smelly, i wont question you for now, im just a skeptical person in general but lets just wait and see..

I don't have a problem with "I have a source stories". I wait and see if they come to pass. If they do that poster gets more credibility to me. If they don't, I tend to be more skeptical of any "insider" information from that poster. I do have a problem with stories that seem to be made up and not backed up with any information in the media. Of course, the made up stories by the media is a different matter entirely. :P

Way to go smelly...I trusted you from the beginning of this thread :hail:

Thanks -- you and I just got to enjoy Sarge's return a little longer than the doubters!

Good to see that Sergi got resigned,

Alright you can take your bows smelly but no need to be snitty toward the skeptics, there've been a bunch of rumors posted here that either haven't come true (the Gomez being traded this offseason one still hasn't :P) or we'll never know the truth (the supposed Burns/Stevens feud last year) so you HAD to expect some cynicism, even though you yourself didn't post those. And I thought Brylin would resign anyway, plus I had a little more faith in your rumor when you explained that Lou usually was pretty forthcoming to valued season ticket holders.

Now that your rumor was correct, people will believe you the next time. And I'll pin your thread, even though the official press release is in the other thread.

Edited by Hasan4978

Alright you can take your bows smelly but no need to be snitty toward the skeptics, there've been a bunch of rumors posted here that either haven't come true (the Gomez being traded this offseason one still hasn't :P) or we'll never know the truth (the supposed Burns/Stevens feud last year) so you HAD to expect some cynicism, even though you yourself didn't post those.  And I thought Brylin would resign anyway, plus I had a little more faith in your rumor when you explained that Lou usually was pretty forthcoming to valued season ticket holders.

Now that your rumor was correct, people will believe you the next time.  And I'll pin your thread, even though the official press release is in the other thread.

Fair enough. I promise that there won't be a next time unless I get some more solid info . . .

Edited by smelly

Alright you can take your bows smelly but no need to be snitty toward the skeptics, there've been a bunch of rumors posted here that either haven't come true (the Gomez being traded this offseason one still hasn't :P) or we'll never know the truth (the supposed Burns/Stevens feud last year) so you HAD to expect some cynicism, even though you yourself didn't post those.