POD: Post of the Day

msweet

Come on.. didn't wanna ruin the fun... and it wasn't personal and don't wanna sound rude.

No need to be that " Shut up, you can't understand us "

I'm a football fan here in France... my club got a huge rivalry with another club... and by no means i will think about hate them first if something that huge happen to my club.

I'm just not into "hating other fans"... i'm more into " i don't care about them and i just wanna spend my time focus on my team"

Again, i'm not judging "you" or anyone there... and i'm not saying to stop. You do whatever you want.

(but really, no need to be rude too)

Come on.. didn't wanna ruin the fun... and it wasn't personal and don't wanna sound rude.

No need to be that " Shut up, you can't understand us "

I'm a football fan here in France... my club got a huge rivalry with another club... and by no means i will think about hate them first if something that huge happen to my club.

I'm just not into "hating other fans"... i'm more into " i don't care about them and i just wanna spend my time focus on my team"

Again, i'm not judging "you" or anyone there... and i'm not saying to stop. You do whatever you want.

(but really, no need to be rude too)

Wasn't trying to be rude, sorry if it came off that way. Was just making a point, that's all. We can agree to disagree.

All you have to do is approach any Ranger fan and ask him about the playoffs this year... you'll get some version of teh Rangers were better, the Devils got the calls, the Devils were lucky, Gaborik's shoulder was hurt, ...and my 2 personal favorites Lunquist is better and the Rangers were the better team.

Then they ask if anyone came to see the Devils in the playoffs this year and finish with Parise will be a Ranger soon.

But you gotta live around here to listen to that crvp daily

I think the biggest issue with Rags fans, that you won't experience, is that most of them aren't hockey fans. The 10 percent or so that are are great, but the other 90 percent are basketball, football, or baseball fans who need something to do, and talk sh!t without any real knowledge. I remember a Rags fan telling me Jagr was better than any Devils' players AFTER Jagr had signed in Russia. That sh!t makes them hateable.

I'm a Yankees fan, and Yankees Red Sox is one of the best rivalries in the states. It can get heated, but when we're not in the middle of a nasty series (and sometimes even when we are) there is still some respect, since both fan bases love the sport and their teams. That doesn't happen with Rags Devils. We hear meaningless insults, because Rags fans are bored, and rich enough to pay for tickets. Throw in the fact that we live in the same place, and it gets fvcking nasty. Read some of the crap they've been saying even after the Devils won, and remember most of us have been hearing this at work or bars every day, if you want to get the hatred better.

If you even read Lou's quotes about how he walks into restaurants and hears Matteau all the time you know how ingrained it is.

And anyone that thinks Ranger fans aren't as preoccupied with us is kidding themselves. Especially with how they still call Marty fatso because of their favorite player who's a joke around the league and not even in the league anymore, despite the fact if you compared Marty with Lundqvist side by side with gear their own goalie probably weighs more with all the armor he puts on.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think the biggest issue with Rags fans, that you won't experience, is that most of them aren't hockey fans. The 10 percent or so that are are great, but the other 90 percent are basketball, football, or baseball fans who need something to do, and talk sh!t without any real knowledge. I remember a Rags fan telling me Jagr was better than any Devils' players AFTER Jagr had signed in Russia. That sh!t makes them hateable.

I'm a Yankees fan, and Yankees Red Sox is one of the best rivalries in the states. It can get heated, but when we're not in the middle of a nasty series (and sometimes even when we are) there is still some respect, since both fan bases love the sport and their teams. That doesn't happen with Rags Devils. We hear meaningless insults, because Rags fans are bored, and rich enough to pay for tickets. Throw in the fact that we live in the same place, and it gets fvcking nasty. Read some of the crap they've been saying even after the Devils won, and remember most of us have been hearing this at work or bars every day, if you want to get the hatred better.

The bottom line when it comes to these cocksuckers is this: they've existed for 203998545 years. They have one 1 Cup in the last 70. While we've made them our bitch for the last two decades, making 5 Finals, winning 3 Cups, and employing arguably the greatest goaltender of all-time, all while simulatenously buidling a far superior organization in 5 times less time, with 10 times more tradition, in a 75 times nicer building. They can't handle any of it, so they resort to their bullsh!t insults and gay-ass name-calling. They're beneath us. Always have been. Always will be. So let them say what they want. In the end, they know they root for an inferior organization with inferior history in an inferior sh!thole of a building. And that will never change, and they know it.

The bottom line when it comes to these cocksuckers is this: they've existed for 203998545 years. They have one 1 Cup in the last 70. While we've made them our bitch for the last two decades, making 5 Finals, winning 3 Cups, and employing arguably the greatest goaltender of all-time, all while simulatenously buidling a far superior organization in 5 times less time, with 10 times more tradition, in a 75 times nicer building. They can't handle any of it, so they resort to their bullsh!t insults and gay-ass name-calling. They're beneath us. Always have been. Always will be. So let them say what they want. In the end, they know they root for an inferior organization with inferior history in an inferior sh!thole of a building. And that will never change, and they know it.

Post of the day ver2.0 :hail:

I know i'm not living in Jersey...or in the Tri-state... or even in USA

I do understand the concept of rivalry

etc etc...

But when we should celebrate a damn hot season... few days after only, it's going back to " let's insult the Rangers" ... as it seems the best activity possible for a devs fan.

I'm not judging you (or not too much) and not blame anyone (or only in a sneaky way)... But sometimes, it's boring to see that many topic about Rangers.

But again, being far from there, not having co-workers that talk about rangers etc etc... gimme another perspective obviously.

In all fairness, it only happened because they insulted us first. Yeah, I know the "but he started it!" defense is quite immature, but it's the truth. I don't normally go for the constant back-and-forth between the two fanbases either, but when you see a steaming turd as bad as the one that inspired that thread, you can't just ignore it.

The rivalry is also in our faces everyday in our lives even during the off seasons. Friends against friends, family against family, boyfriend vs girlfriend. It goes both ways and the Ranger fans say we care about them too much and always post stuff talking about that which is the most hypocritical thing. They have all of their stupid insults. It goes both ways, the franchises players and fans hate each other and that's what makes it so special.

Notice the only ones complaining are the fans that don't live here and didn't grow up here? There's a reason for that: they don't fully grasp it. End of story. If you don't live here or didn't grow up here, you really shouldn't comment about this particular subject.

This is it in a nutshell. This isn't a Yankees and Red Sox type of rivalry where both sides hate each other but rarely interact. We have to deal with Rangers fans being arrogant schmucks every day at work, school, or wherever. There is no escape, this site is pretty much the only place we have where we can just talk hockey with other Devils fans. I haven't even been able to log into facebook the past month or so without seeing some dumbass remark about how Lundqvist is a better all-time goalie than Brodeur (one guy even said it shouldn't even be an argument), or how the Devils won't be around a few years from now because they have no fans, or how the Devils won't be so lucky against them next year when Parise is wearing blue, or "BAHAHAHAHAHA DEVILS LOST IN THE FINALS, GO KINGS LOLOLOLOL!!!!!"

Not to mention the fact that we can't even put on any local sports channel or radio station without hearing the same trash. It seems like every night there is another 1994 special on TV. I can probably count on one hand the times I've seen a rerun of any of our Cup wins. Even the radio station the Devils games are on, WFAN, employs Steve Somers and Boomer and Carton, some of the biggest Rangers hype machines in existence. We have Rangers Rangers Rangers constantly slammed in our faces.

When you have to deal with these obnoxious cretins every day of your life, it is a much different experience.

Edited by devilsfan26

Thanks for all your explanation... i was thinking something like that.

I mean it's natural to feel the way you feel. To finally have a sweet revenge and some ammos to shut up all these rangers "fans"...

I get all that.

But here. Here... in this particular forum ? DevilsFan26 just say that "this site is pretty much the only place we have where we can just talk hockey with other Devils fans" ... Aren't you tempted to only talk about hockey & Devils ... and not the same hateful routine that you have to endure all the time " outside " ?

Again. I don't wanna sound direspectful and i'm not here to change the way you wanna deal with this relation. I'm no one. Sometimes, i'm just amazed by the number of post about the Rangers.

For me it's the perfect victory when my enemy aren't even relevant.

But i guess, rivalry is fun.. and if it's one of the engine that make this great great forum have so much life, keep going like that !

Thanks for all your explanation... i was thinking something like that.

I mean it's natural to feel the way you feel. To finally have a sweet revenge and some ammos to shut up all these rangers "fans"...

I get all that.

But here. Here... in this particular forum ? DevilsFan26 just say that "this site is pretty much the only place we have where we can just talk hockey with other Devils fans" ... Aren't you tempted to only talk about hockey & Devils ... and not the same hateful routine that you have to endure all the time " outside " ?

Again. I don't wanna sound direspectful and i'm not here to change the way you wanna deal with this relation. I'm no one. Sometimes, i'm just amazed by the number of post about the Rangers.

For me it's the perfect victory when my enemy aren't even relevant.

But i guess, rivalry is fun.. and if it's one of the engine that make this great great forum have so much life, keep going like that !

It's like I said, every now and then the hatred just needs to be vented. There really weren't that many posts about the Rangers during the season (I personally was so focused on what the Devils were doing I didn't really pay the Rangers much mind, especially when it became clear that the Devils weren't going to catch them in the standings), and two things have influenced the number of Ranger posts as of late:

1) The fact that the Devils played them in the ECF...if they hadn't you probably wouldn't have heard as much about them, and

2) Matteau#32 poking his head in here to stir the pot, and confidently stating time and time again that the Rangers would take the series.

Beating the Rangers in the playoffs is a big deal around here...before that, for the most part they'd clearly had the Devils' number in the playoffs, and that's a major sore spot when it's your chief rival. And what makes it more annoying is that when the Devils beat the Rangers in the playoffs in both '06 and '12, Ranger fans couldn't give the Devils credit either time...it wasn't what the Devils did, it was all about what the Rangers didn't do.

Anyway, the latest round of Ranger hatred is just about over, so you probably won't see too many more posts about them. We'll have enough on our plates soon enough, with free agency, another lockout looming...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's like I said, every now and then the hatred just needs to be vented. There really weren't that many posts about the Rangers during the season (I personally was so focused on what the Devils were doing I didn't really pay the Rangers much mind, especially when it became clear that the Devils weren't going to catch them in the standings), and two things have influenced the number of Ranger posts as of late:

1) The fact that the Devils played them in the ECF...if they hadn't you probably wouldn't have heard as much about them, and

2) Matteau#32 poking his head in here to stir the pot, and confidently stating time and time again that the Rangers would take the series.

Beating the Rangers in the playoffs is a big deal around here...before that, for the most part they'd clearly had the Devils' number in the playoffs, and that's a major sore spot when it's your chief rival. And what makes it more annoying is that when the Devils beat the Rangers in the playoffs in both '06 and '12, Ranger fans couldn't give the Devils credit either time...it wasn't what the Devils did, it was all about what the Rangers didn't do.

Anyway, the latest round of Ranger hatred is just about over, so you probably won't see too many more posts about them. We'll have enough on our plates soon enough, with free agency, another lockout looming...

I also move to make it a board rule that we close any Ranger or Ranger fan related thread with the following three words: HENRIQUE!!! ITS OVER!!!!

• Like 3

Oh i know that... It's not like it's my first season on njdevs ; )

This is the only place we can really vent. There's something to be said for that as well as for intelligent hockey talk. I come here for both, hence I don't mind Matteau being on the board, but I'd have a problem with him poking his nose in this thread.

Edited by mouse

I hate talking to Ranger fans so much that when I meet new people I don't even mention hockey and if I find out they are Ranger fans then I don't even bring up the subject.

99.9% of the time I'd rather not talk about hockey then have to talk to a Rangers fan. fvck the rangers and their sh!t fans.

The older I've gotten the less I want to talk to or deal with fans of other teams. fvck em all.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I hate talking to Ranger fans so much that when I meet new people I don't even mention hockey and if I find out they are Ranger fans then I don't even bring up the subject.

99.9% of the time I'd rather not talk about hockey then have to talk to a Rangers fan. fvck the rangers and their sh!t fans.

The older I've gotten the less I want to talk to or deal with fans of other teams. fvck em all.

That post exemplifies to the word the way I feel too. Especially the last part. fvck 'em.

I've been lucky. There are a couple of real cool Rags fans at work. They even tell the rest of the Rags fans to shut up so I don't have to. I told one of them he was a Devils fan who rooted for the wrong team, and he didn't even take it personally because he got what I meant. I know they're the exception -- there are a ton of moron Rags fans in the building, and 2 or 3 good ones, but it makes me more willing to talk hockey and see where it goes.