MSG Being Knocked Down in 10 years?

DH26

But what does that have to do with burgers?  :offtopic:

BACK ON TOPIC: Best burger I've ever had was the bacon cheeseburger w/ lava fries (hot sauce/cheese on them) from McGovern's tavern in University Heights in Newark next to the Rutgers Newark law school. You need a beer beforehand as the burger enhances the alcohol and actually makes you drunker. It's f'ing awesome. My ex-gf actually comes and visits me just for the burger :P

-  I lived in Little Ferry for a bit and White Mana was always the dream place to go for burgers.  Only went a couple of times though due to the ridiculous wait, which was not worth the end product.  Sometimes the dream is better than the payoff.

-  Same goes for Shake Shack. Yummy as all get out, but I can't wait in line for an hour for lunch.  Their concretes are flipping great though and they have a drink only line, so you can avoid the crowds.  If you want to give them a go, I'd recommend the location on 86th St between Lexington and 3rd.  Not nearly as bad of a line as the Madison Square Park location.

-  Zinburger was very good the few times I've been and I love the fact they serve wine, which is a nice touch.

-  There's a place called Go Burger which is popping up here and there in NYC. Pretty standard stuff but better than Bareburger (another newish chain that's entirely overpriced for the snobby service and average food).  Also, I think they're affiliated with Smashburger as they have an item called "The Smashburger".  Just a burger with cheese with onions stuffed into it.  Much better than it sounds.

-  In and Out is a special little slice of heaven.  Animal style.  Oh man, so good.

-  Favorite burger in NYC is Five Napkin Burger.  Pricey but unbelievably yummy.  They also have a nice craft beer selection and a great whiskey / bourbon rack.

Oh, and this MSG thing is just a ploy by the city to get some more cash out of the Dolans.  I'd be shocked if they knocked down the building, considering it's national landmark, for better or for worse.

-  I lived in Little Ferry for a bit and White Mana was always the dream place to go for burgers.  Only went a couple of times though due to the ridiculous wait, which was not worth the end product.  Sometimes the dream is better than the payoff.

-  Same goes for Shake Shack. Yummy as all get out, but I can't wait in line for an hour for lunch.  Their concretes are flipping great though and they have a drink only line, so you can avoid the crowds.  If you want to give them a go, I'd recommend the location on 86th St between Lexington and 3rd.  Not nearly as bad of a line as the Madison Square Park location.

-  Zinburger was very good the few times I've been and I love the fact they serve wine, which is a nice touch.

-  There's a place called Go Burger which is popping up here and there in NYC. Pretty standard stuff but better than Bareburger (another newish chain that's entirely overpriced for the snobby service and average food).  Also, I think they're affiliated with Smashburger as they have an item called "The Smashburger".  Just a burger with cheese with onions stuffed into it.  Much better than it sounds.

-  In and Out is a special little slice of heaven.  Animal style.  Oh man, so good.

-  Favorite burger in NYC is Five Napkin Burger.  Pricey but unbelievably yummy.  They also have a nice craft beer selection and a great whiskey / bourbon rack.

Oh, and this MSG thing is just a ploy by the city to get some more cash out of the Dolans.  I'd be shocked if they knocked down the building, considering it's national landmark, for better or for worse.

I forgot about Five Napkin. That's a good one too, especially with those tater tots with cheese in them.

True and the fact that for $2.50 you can go pretty much anyplace in the entire system is still pretty damn good.  Every other subway I have been on they charge you based on distance.

Plus you get a free bus transfer if used within two hours.  For quick trips I go downtown on the bus and come back for free on subway (or vice versa).

Back to burgers:  Bang for your buck-In N Out  the hands down winner.

I just said fvck a diet and went to wendys for a double baconator

I just destroyed two Burger King cheeseburgers.  Poor fvckers never stood a chance.

• Like 2

I am going to assume you don't ride the NYC subways.   The subway system is very, very good and clean with new cars for the most part.    The city does have a leg to stand on and they are going to use that muscle to get some revenue, for the good of the city.   Penn Station is far more important to MSG, than MSG is to Penn Station and NYC.  

Would not be surprised if the West Side/Jets old project comes back into the discussion.

Also, this would have no effect on the subway. There's 1 stop at Penn Station. Penn Station matters for LIRR, NJ Transit, and Amtrak.

Lol I'm picturing at least half the forum eating burgers today

They'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

I think I'm finally getting Krug's tonight (though we'll see if it actually happens with my past Krug's luck).

Just bought veal pork beef mix. Chopped up some onions and garlic, reduced them down, added them to the beef. Grilled the patties to medium well. Added cheddar cheese, chopped pickles, mayo, ketchup, and I toasted the buns with butter and garlic. My goodness it was delicious!

Edited by Zubie#8

Also, this would have no effect on the subway. There's 1 stop at Penn Station. Penn Station matters for LIRR, NJ Transit, and Amtrak.

I think it's more about turning it into a "hub", like they are doing downtown. A world-class transportation hub looks better and will serve the city better than Madison Square Garden. Don't underestimate the amount of tourists that use Penn Station to get to the airport, and how sh!tty an impression it leaves on them as the central station for a city like New York. It's 2013, and New York is now seeing the positives of what "eye candy" architecture can do to the city; buildings become icons and draw tons and tons of tourists (like the Highline).

Yes, tourists also love checking out New York sports when they arrive here, but they'll go see the Knicks or Rangers or Yankees regardless of venue; they're going to a New York sports event so they can say "We went to see a Yankees/Knicks/Rangers game in New York", and not, "We went to Madison Square Garden."

I think it's more about turning it into a "hub", like they are doing downtown. A world-class transportation hub looks better and will serve the city better than Madison Square Garden. Don't underestimate the amount of tourists that use Penn Station to get to the airport, and how sh!tty an impression it leaves on them as the central station for a city like New York. It's 2013, and New York is now seeing the positives of what "eye candy" architecture can do to the city; buildings become icons and draw tons and tons of tourists (like the Highline).

Yes, tourists also love checking out New York sports when they arrive here, but they'll go see the Knicks or Rangers or Yankees regardless of venue; they're going to a New York sports event so they can say "We went to see a Yankees/Knicks/Rangers game in New York", and not, "We went to Madison Square Garden."

There are tons of other sites to see and the tourists already have Grand Central.  The old Penn Station was pretty impressive, but was falling apart and ridership was going down.

Speaking of "eye candy" architecture being overrated, take a look at the WTC transportation hub that is being constructed.  The cost is about $3 billion when it is all set an done, and many groups outside the PA the station will only serve about 50,000 people a day and possibly as low as 20,000 people a day, which is far below that of Penn or Grand Central.

The current Penn Station is not pretty, but it serves its purpose.  If they want eye candy they can easily move in to the post office next door.

Edited by DevsMan84

What is that one from?  Don't recognize it.

For shame! Not recognizing The Big Lebowski should be a federal crime.

Tsk tsk...

I've only ever been to the Cheeburgers on route 1 near Princeton, and the one on Nassau Street in Princeton.  No complaints on either, but quality could definitely vary from place to place, wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, you're just up the road from my house! That Cheeburger is in (or in front of) Mercer Mall. We gotta get together for this years Devils cup run.......

"But I wanna win a Stanley Cup."

"fvck you Kovy...., shut up Kovy.... We will win it without you."