Post Lockout Trades/Signings Thread

Triumph

Would like to se Sykora back with the team for this season. Wouldn't give him a long contract but reckon he might be able to help us out a bit. I'm assuming we have quite a bit of cap space left after Parise left?

Yeah, cap space is not a problem for the Devils this season (or next) - $16 million left.

BTW, re: Foster - we're going to see more guys like him signing one-way contracts and ending up in the AHL because re-entry waivers are gone. I don't think Foster is that good but I think the Flyers lack point men on their power play - if he somehow figured out defense, why not?

I just hope that Sykora is not a devil again, he is just used up and doesnt fit into the current system at all anymore. Especially when he is only useful with Elias who takes hard minutes.

I don't know; I know we're you're coming from and I partially agree. And yet, we have to admit, he did what we asked of him last year and MORE, on an almost-minimum contract. 20 goals or something like that? Not bad..

i was talking to my roomate (habs fan) that it was unfair for Mathieu Darche and too bad that he couldnt resign in MTL cause he was a really good veteran and good guy in the locker room and he did a good job in the negociations and everything.. and that i wouldnt mind having him in NJ... well...

StephRDSJunior

De bonnes sources Mathieu Darche aurait obtenu une invitation au camp des #Devils

Confirmé Mathieu Darche est au camp des #Devils #bonnechance

ohhh its french i forgot... well basically he's invited to the camp officially...

Edited by SterioDesign

Sucks for Gomez, stuck at home for a year no matter what now.

what? what is this? pity?

the guy fvcking signed across the river for more money while he had a great career with us. fvck this guy, his career went to hell when he left us and its a beautiful sight... im hoping the same for Zach now. Bring it

• Like 1

I am LOVING the Gomez situation.

My personal hatred of him has pretty much completely dissipated, but, in my mind, he's still a money-grubbing, selfish player. And he's reaping what he sowed years ago by signing with NY.

I hope, somehow, some way, the same thing happens to Parise one day. I will laugh a loud, hearty laugh that day.