97 replies to this topic

#41 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Tate pushed off and Jennings STILL appeared to intercept that.

And after review IT'S STILL COUNTED AS A TOUCHDOWN. Wow. What.... the.... F.

Anyway, I'd like to personally welcome back real NFL officials, because unless the NFL is more retarded than I thought, there's no way they let this lockout continue. No way.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,676 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Good god, if the NFL doesn't finally bring back the regular refs after this then the NFL's even more pig-headed, arrogant and stupid than I already think it is. At some point even Czar Goodell has to acknowlege his product is becoming a national joke now and it doesn't have to be that way.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

all I have to say is...LOL

believe-zubrus.jpg

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

That's gotta be the final straw. It has to be. What a fvcking joke. A JOKE. An absolute embarrassment.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,020 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Unbelievable

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#46 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

It will be. But it's okay, I'm glad Goodell looks like a fvcking arrogant, silly, cheap moron now. He deserves it.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#47 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

It will be. But it's okay, I'm glad Goodell looks like a fvcking arrogant, silly, cheap moron now. He deserves it.

. Like I've said before, Goodell is right up there with Bettman for me. I cannot fvcking stand him. He's ruining football.

#48 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

When it happened live, I thought it was simultaneous possession. If both players get the ball at the same time, there's no wrestling match for it or anything like that, it just goes to the passing team. On replay though, there was an obvious double-clutch by Tate while Jennings held the ball with both hands all the way. So it should have been ruled defensive possession, not simultaneous. I thought I heard Tirico say that they cannot review for possession on the catch, so if that were true, then that would explain why they couldn't overturn the call on the field.

What I really thought was that the offensive pass interference should have been called there. In officiating, there are always times when you generally don't call the foul. But when a foul is committed flagrantly and egregiously, it should be called no matter what the situation is.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#49 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Well no doubt in my mind now. NCAA>NFL

Go Vols

#50 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

When it happened live, I thought it was simultaneous possession. If both players get the ball at the same time, there's no wrestling match for it or anything like that, it just goes to the passing team. On replay though, there was an obvious double-clutch by Tate while Jennings held the ball with both hands all the way. So it should have been ruled defensive possession, not simultaneous. I thought I heard Tirico say that they cannot review for possession on the catch, so if that were true, then that would explain why they couldn't overturn the call on the field.

What I really thought was that the offensive pass interference should have been called there. In officiating, there are always times when you generally don't call the foul. But when a foul is committed flagrantly and egregiously, it should be called no matter what the situation is.

They should have called the offensive pass interference, but maybe they just didn't see it live, sometimes these things happen. They probably noticed it on the replay but they're not allowed to call it then. I didn't watch the game because I was at work but if they can't review for possession on the catch then that is the main reason for the butchered call and the media really needs to talk about that more than just bashing the refs. Of course the refs missed the call initally, but that is why they have video review in the first place. If they're allowed to look at the replay and see that they got it wrong, but then are only able to rule it a complete pass or incomplete pass and not an interception, well then that's not the refs' fault, it's the stupid rule's fault.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#51 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

You have to feel bad for these refs, I mean they are doing the best they can but they were thrown in a terrible positon, and this sort of play just HAD to happen along with the controversial fg sunday night...craziness.

Edited by Zubie#8, 25 September 2012 - 01:53 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

You KNEW this would happen!!!! Amazing.

Sadly, it was only a matter of time. This ship is now springing leaks everywhere and sinking that much faster.

Agree on Goodell...arrogant fvck. This season is officially a joke now. The integrity is compromised.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,191 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

I know my boys are on Thursday night, but it is a waste of my time to watch these tainted games right now. NFL needs to understand "you get what you pay for". No more substitute teachers please.

I never thought I would ever say this, but I am boycotting the NFL until the bring back the professional referees.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#54 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Apparently the league is going to address the end of last night's game later today. They shouldn't bother unless it's a press conference announcing the real officials are back.

#55 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,191 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Apparently the league is going to address the end of last night's game later today. They shouldn't bother unless it's a press conference announcing the real officials are back.

Agree 100%. It's going to take more than a pseudo bandaid of ownerspeak to fix the season.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#56 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

I didn't watch the game because I was at work but if they can't review for possession on the catch then that is the main reason for the butchered call and the media really needs to talk about that more than just bashing the refs.

They ruled simultaneous possession but that IS reviewable when in the end zone, according to Peter King:

Simultaneous possession between the goal lines cannot be reviewed. Simultaneous possession in the end zone can be reviewed. That's an important distinction that many in the media have not made since Elliott went under the hood.

After replay review it should've been clear, as it was to anyone who watched the replays, this was NOT simultaneous possession and thus NOT a touchdown.

The offensive pass interference was also a badly missed call; sometimes officials let some stuff go on a Hail Mary play like that but that push-off was egregious.

Edited by nmigliore, 25 September 2012 - 11:34 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#57 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,676 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

And the NFL's big statement was that PI should have been called on Tate but they stand behind the ruling on the field on the catch lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#58 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

They ruled simultaneous possession but that IS reviewable when in the end zone, according to Peter King:

I just heard this confirmed too. That raises a big red flag as to why this call wasn't overturned (what might have been foggy or confusing in real time was pretty obvious on the replays). But the replay officials are not locked out and are not replacements; they're the regular replay guys. So what happened there, I have no idea.

The offensive pass interference was also a badly missed call; sometimes officials let some stuff go on a Hail Mary play like that but that push-off was egregious.

Definitely. They don't want to call things as tight on those plays because there would probably be fouls by both teams several times, resulting in several replays of the down. You don't want to have teams throw up these hail mary's and get a first down on the 1 yard line out of it if there's any question about the contact. But when it's obvious and egregious, as this was, it must be called. I think the NFL has even admitted that that part of the call was bad.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#59 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,191 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

And the NFL's big statement was that PI should have been called on Tate but they stand behind the ruling on the field on the catch lol.

Jerk-offs.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#60 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,365 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

how was that a catch? The green bay defender had the ball clutched to his chest, the seattle guy maybe had an arm around it?
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users