GDT - Devils at NY Rangers

Satans Hockey

I don't have my head in the sand. A better saying would be that most people here are running around with their heads cut off. Everyone is looking at the record and the 9 games and are throwing out every bit of logical thinking. There are reasons why we were all so optimistic this offseason and those reasons haven't changed. If this team continues on this path for an extended period of time I will gladly eat my words, but it's simply not logical to think that this will continue.

Again, it isn't just about nine games...it's about this team's overall lackadasical play since the beginning of January. They have like 23 wins in their last 56 games and clearly what happened to the team last year has carried over. I don't care what HOI says they have WAY too much talent to be a .400 team and it's no longer a 'small size sample' either, that's 2/3rds of a full season. Not to mention this trip will almost certainly put us further in the hole, that's ratcheted up the concern.

Obviously firing the coach didn't help one iota, something else needs to give and fast before this season gets beyond repair a la Carolina last year.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about holding on to the picks and brent burns and signing him to a mega deal in 2012? you know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

jerry,

it's a bad move, bottom line. dumb. a waste of picks, and why would you give up your best defenseman as well?

How about this. Why would the Devils give up their franchise player for a talented but injury-prone defenseman and two picks?

As good as Parise is, do you really think he is a 50-goal 100-point guy? I see him always in the 35-45 goal range at about 80-95 point range. Good numbers, but IDK I just do not see him like that. At least not in our system, perhaps you are correct if he plays on a different team (which I hope never happens).

Yeah, I think he's gonna for the most part stay in the point range you mentioned, however it's possible for him to get bigger numbers in the right situation. He has a high of 46 goals and 94 points, so there's the potential. But like you, I hope he never leaves. I was just pointing out that getting a big return on him isn't at all impossible.

A major reason our offense is so bad is the defense is worse! We cant break out of our zone properly.

The current crop of D is the worst ive ever seen following this team.

Agreed.. I was watching an interview with MacLean and Elias and it sounds like they think this too.. http://video.msg.com/Home/Devils-Postgame-Loss-to-Rangers-10-24

Edited by Found