Fire DeBoer Thread

Daniel

How do you not see a problem with what he said there? He's blowing on the fire with quotes like that. Shut your mouth and play the game. If you want to make line up decisions, retire and find a coaching job. This team can't score any less than it does now, why in that case do we want to rely on the production of a 42 year old rental? Get a first rounder for him, let the team build some chemistry with the guys who are going to be the core for the foreseeable future.

Without that 42 year old rental's production, they'd be the Buffalo Sabres.

I'm kind of glad some people here are turning the corner about Lou starting to point out that it's his fault, personally it's not that i hate him or anything but i won't drink his koolaid and make excuses for him and look at all the great things he did 15 years ago to excuse him, he did things that directly fvcked us over badly and we're gonna be fvcked for awhile now, im not gonna be in denial about that. It's also not moves that he did that didnt pan out or anything either. i dont expect him to be perfect and make zero errors, but the things he did that is hurting us now are 100% out of stubbornness. 

People putting the blame on DeBoer now is somewhat silly cause even though he's making weird decisions, there's only so much you can do when you don't have skills to work with and thats 100% on Lou for letting SO MUCH talent walk. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

I'm kind of glad some people here are turning the corner about Lou starting to point out that it's his fault, personally it's not that i hate him or anything but i won't drink his koolaid and make excuses for him and look at all the great things he did 15 years ago to excuse him, he did things that directly fvcked us over badly and we're gonna be fvcked for awhile now, im not gonna be in denial about that. It's also not moves that he did that didnt pan out or anything either. i dont expect him to be perfect and make zero errors, but the things he did that is hurting us now are 100% out of stubbornness.

People putting the blame on DeBoer now is somewhat silly cause even though he's making weird decisions, there's only so much you can do when you don't have skills to work with and thats 100% on Lou for letting SO MUCH talent walk.

I have been saying this for a while. All the blame can't be on DeBoer. Lou has sat back and said I like this team, how is that possible? Edited by LucifersDog

I have been saying this for a while. All the blame can't be on DeBoer. Lou has sat Bach and said I like this team, how is that possible?

Cause he's absolutely strapped, nothing he can do with what he has to work with, he "really" did his best last summer patching up the holes, did a decent job at it but still, the damages we're already done.

We all get you how feel by now...it's not like you haven't said it 1000000000000 times.  Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.  Lou is stubborn and he sucks and he's now a lousy GM and you could probably do better, because it's all really very very simple, if only Lou could be smart enough to see it all. 

Root for the Blackhawks and/or the Penguins for a while, then come on back.  NO GM doesn't make some mistakes or have some things go wrong for them when they're on the job as long as Lou is, NONE of them.  You'd think the Devils hadn't made the playoffs in five years with some of your posts (and this season is still in play)...but then again, I'm talking to someone who actually said getting to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and not winning is worse than not trading UFAs for prospects and bailing on the season.  You can be incredibly unfair and ridiculous with some of your posts sometimes. 

We all get you how feel by now...it's not like you haven't said it 1000000000000 times.  Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.  Lou is stubborn and he sucks and he's now a lousy GM and you could probably do better, because it's all really very very simple, if only Lou could be smart enough to see it all. 

Root for the Blackhawks and/or the Penguins for a while, then come on back.  NO GM doesn't make some mistakes or have some things go wrong for them when they're on the job as long as Lou is, NONE of them.  You'd think the Devils hadn't made the playoffs in five years with some of your posts (and this season is still in play)...but then again, I'm talking to someone who actually said getting to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and not winning is worse than not trading UFAs for prospects and bailing on the season.  You can be incredibly unfair and ridiculous with some of your posts sometimes. 

Just by saying that, eventhough i also said a100000000 times that its not what i mean, you CLEARLY still don't get it and will simply keep that idea, jokes is kind of on you now. Really man, how many times did you have to redo your 4th grade in school? Like honestly youre a joke always coming back quoting me on stuff i never meant or said.

Our cup run is actually a perfect example to our situation now and what i meant.

We went all our that season and almost won the cup, of course thats beyond awesome. But let's go "extreme" for my example.

How about Lou would have gave an ultimatum to Zach (like shero gave Letang or many other examples around the league) cause really he simply couldnt take the risk to lose him for nothing, its a business. So let's say Lou's hand was forced to trade Zach that summer he re-signed for a year. We could have got a really good return thats for sure. Again thats all a scenario to support my example.

We may not have made it to the cup finals without Zach (eventhough when he signed somewhere else Zach was suddenly a chocker/ghost/useless in the playoffs according to some people here, so then we didnt need him that much right? ) but we didnt win. BUT we'd be in better shape for the future than we are now. Same thing with Clarkson. Lesser return but we could have got something decent for him honestly.

So yeah, im not saying we SHOULD have traded Zach, all im saying is that we have a GREAT example here about what happen if you gamble going all out and live strictly in the present and not looking farther. We made it to the finals, but it ultimately lead us to miss the playoffs quite possibly for years after than. Same as this year, not looking up for our future could hurt us a lot more. And of course im ignoring the whole playoffs revenue aspect cause thats completely different and not related)

Clearly you're a black on white guy if you still havent understood that im never suggesting anything black and white but always making examples with lots of shades. Well if you can't get it by now why am i even trying.

Edited by SterioDesign

Im turning apathetic, I could give two *&^%s if deboer stays or goes, but all this talk of bad lineups and youth is a red herring imo, wheres elias jagr zajac zubrus henrique, ryder clowe??? where are "their" goals????  point to gio all you want , its a silly  tangent, the scorers on this team arent getting it done. 

good thing they all have solid possession numbers ZZZzzz

Yeah, it's Lou's fault for going out and trading for the best goalie available, signing the player who is our leading scorer, and not being able to rob Fort Knox in order to pay for the likes of Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson. Also, damn him for signing our two best centers to long term contracts. This guy just wants to watch the wheels fall off

Holy ****. We've lost two 30+ goal scorers in the last 18 months and haven't really had the opportunity to replace them.  

When we lost Parise, the best option was probably Semin (who has been up and down in Carolina). However, with JVB handcuffing the team and the uncertainty of the new CBA, it was impossible to make a move. 

Adding Clowe, Ryder and Jagr helped, but this team doesn't shoot enough.  Deboer has them as one of the top possession teams but they dont really get enough attempts for it to be as pronounced.  Luck is really killing this team though.  They are 26/30 in ES FenClose shooting percentage. 

In the end, the team rarely takes a night off and he has them outplaying the opponent more than not.  Lou hasn't exactly given him much to work with offensively and the guys clearly like him. 

Im turning apathetic, I could give two *&^%s if deboer stays or goes, but all this talk of bad lineups and youth is a red herring imo, wheres elias jagr zajac zubrus henrique, ryder clowe??? where are "their" goals????  point to gio all you want , its a silly  tangent, the scorers on this team arent getting it done. 

good thing they all have solid possession numbers ZZZzzz

meh the possession numbers are nowhere close to last year for most guys - people like ryder, clowe, and brunner are probably not + possession guys, and players like zubrus, elias, and salvador getting worse doesn't help matters either.

I can never take the "Fire Lou" people seriously. He could take us to ten straight Stanley Cups and then if we didn't make the playoffs in the eleventh season they'd call for his head. It's usually the inexperienced posters who shout about Lou's quotes, as in, "How could he say he's happy with this team?" It's like, really, you don't know how Lou operates with the media by now? There's no reason to fire Lou, outside of us not winning a Stanley Cup in ten years. We've made the playoffs most of those years through losing our franchise players to retirement and FA and even went to the Finals once coming two games from winning.

Just an FYI: since last winning the Cup, the Devils have gone 412-267-72 (and 12 ties), have won the division 4 times in 9 seasons, made the playoffs 7 of 9 times, and won an Eastern Conference Championship. Even if Lou didn't have the even better prior history, including 3 Cups, that would probably be an impressive enough resume to keep the job.

I can never take the "Fire Lou" people seriously. He could take us to ten straight Stanley Cups and then if we didn't make the playoffs in the eleventh season they'd call for his head. It's usually the inexperienced posters who shout about Lou's quotes, as in, "How could he say he's happy with this team?" It's like, really, you don't know how Lou operates with the media by now? There's no reason to fire Lou, outside of us not winning a Stanley Cup in ten years. We've made the playoffs most of those years through losing our franchise players to retirement and FA and even went to the Finals once coming two games from winning.

Just an FYI: since last winning the Cup, the Devils have gone 412-267-72 (and 12 ties), have won the division 4 times in 9 seasons, made the playoffs 7 of 9 times, and won an Eastern Conference Championship. Even if Lou didn't have the even better prior history, including 3 Cups, that would probably be an impressive enough resume to keep the job.

There is one thing to say Fire Lou, and there is another to admit he has put the Devils in a bad spot right now in 2014. 

It seems most people here want to pin the blame on Deboer over Lou. I've been more vocal with my displeasure of Pete, but I have said for two years that this team's failures are on Lou. If a coach gets fired, so be it, but I think Pete has done a really solid job all things considered. Coaches don't usually lose jobs when the only issue is that the team can't score goals. The Devils do so many good things under Pete. They make life difficult against every team. People want answers from Pete? What do you think he can say that will make people happy? "You want him to rip Ryder, Brunner, Zajac, Elias, Henrique? That'll go over well. 

Back to Lou. You can go through stats and winning percentages, but sports is a what have you done for me lately business. Is that right or wrong, I don't know, but I do know if you keep looking at the past instead of the future, you are in for trouble. If you keep bringing up the Cups, you aren't looking at things correctly. The Devils organization with Lou and Conte has gotten very stale. They were once the gold standard for scouting, drafting and player development, and over the last 9-10 years, it has really fallen off. Other team's have done a much better job. When you have to go to free agency to pick up all your offense because there is no one in house to pick up any slack at all when you lose Parise/Kovy/Clarkson, you are in trouble. The Devils record might be better than most teams over the last 8-10 years, but that isn't most GMs problems and shouldn't be one to judge Lou on either right now. GMs are judged on different standards. For some it might be taking over a brutal team with no farm system and slowly rebuilding it up and developing players.

We will see what happens in the coming month because if Lou paints himself the corner with these Brian Burkesque rules about not trading off any players or rebuilding, he'll only further hurt this team. But even then, Deboer, not Deboer, where are the goals coming from next season? No one is coming to really save the day.

Edited by devilsrule33

The Fire Lou crowd are a bunch of "mooks". If Schenider is re-signed this summer or next the Devils are set for 10+ years with their defense and goaltending. As for the forward position Myles Bell, Matteau, and Boucher look like good young players. Are they top line players? Maybe Boucher, but even so players like that can be supplemented through free agency as the Devils will have cap flexibility due to the youth on the back end.

As for the DeBoer haters he has done a terrific job this year, and I was someone who wanted him fired earlier in the season. For a team that lost their two best offensive players his system allows us to compete night in and night out. His personnel decisions are lacking, but coaches grow as they get older, and unless Jacques Lemaire is walking through that door it would be foolish to fire him for the likes of hair plugs.

Edited by William D'Aquila

Nonsensical logic. Lou should step down as soon as the season finishes. His track record prevents him from being held accountable for recent failures? i guess you're one of those who think Marty should still be starting every game, too.

dr33, understand what you're saying, but once Lou made the Schneider deal, he made the Devils a win now team, due to Schneider's age and upcoming UFA status.  He clearly didn't pay the price he did for Schneider thinking he'd be a two-year rental, and Cory isn't a young prospect who needs development and seasoning.  The Devils don't have a goalie in their system and probably won't be able to acquire anyone nearly as good as Schneider is.  It's on Lou to show Cory he's not crazy to sign up to spend his prime years here, which means Lou is going to have to be very cautious about selling.   

If you want to argue Lou should've used his first-rounder to draft a high-upside player that needs to develop, and brought in a stop-gap type in net, I guess you could do that, but let's face it, at that time Lou didn't know Kovy was going to bail.  I for one liked that he went out and got a guy like Schneider that should be a terrific goaltender for most of a potential long-term deal, but at the same time, it means that Lou has to start making some very shrewd moves, and very soon.     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

dr33, understand what you're saying, but once Lou made the Schneider deal, he made the Devils a win now team, due to Schneider's age and upcoming UFA status.  He clearly didn't pay the price he did for Schneider thinking he'd be a two-year rental, and Cory isn't a young prospect who needs development and seasoning.  The Devils don't have a goalie in their system and probably won't be able to acquire anyone nearly as good as Schneider is.  It's on Lou to show Cory he's not crazy to sign up to spend his prime years here, which means Lou is going to have to be very cautious about selling.   

If you want to argue Lou should've used his first-rounder to draft a high-upside player that needs to develop, and brought in a stop-gap type in net, I guess you could do that, but let's face it, at that time Lou didn't know Kovy was going to bail.  I for one liked that he went out and got a guy like Schneider that should be a terrific goaltender for most of a potential long-term deal, but at the same time, it means that Lou has to start making some very shrewd moves, and very soon.     

I am sure he knew Kovy was going to bail. I imagine Kovy and him had these discussions shortly after the season ended. 

I think what Lou did was make a really solid trade. But it only becomes a great trade if he is able to sign Cory. If not, this franchise is F-U-C-K-E-D. But trading free agents to be isn't really starting a rebuild. It's just making a smart decision to get assets back for expiring contracts. 

The thing with Jagr...he is the Devils best forward right now, but this isn't a Parise situation. Basically, you can't say we won't trade him because he is the best forward and we need to do everything we can to sign him in the off-season. The Devils are out of it and Jagr is almost 42. He isn't worth keeping around with the hopes to re-sign anyway. If he likes it NJ, he can re-sign in the off-season, but hopefully after the Devils got something for him.

I am sure he knew Kovy was going to bail. I imagine Kovy and him had these discussions shortly after the season ended. 

I think what Lou did was make a really solid trade. But it only becomes a great trade if he is able to sign Cory. If not, this franchise is F-U-C-K-E-D. But trading free agents to be isn't really starting a rebuild. It's just making a smart decision to get assets back for expiring contracts. 

The thing with Jagr...he is the Devils best forward right now, but this isn't a Parise situation. Basically, you can't say we won't trade him because he is the best forward and we need to do everything we can to sign him in the off-season. The Devils are out of it and Jagr is almost 42. He isn't worth keeping around with the hopes to re-sign anyway. If he likes it NJ, he can re-sign in the off-season, but hopefully after the Devils got something for him.

Devils aren't out of it though.  They are 7-3-4 in Cory's last 14 starts, and that's with damned near minimal goal support, and as we all know, he figures to get most of the starts through the rest of the season.  As much as the Devils struggle to score goals, they've scored two or less in 13 of those starts (1.46 GPG in those games).  I just can't see them continuing to be THAT bad. 

You can go the other way and say Cory won't continue to be this good either.  But like I pointed out in my optimism thread, the Devils went 12-6-7 over a 25-game stretch before losing against the Caps, and including that loss, if the Devils go 12-6-6 over their final 24 games, they finish with 91 points.   

Look, it's a tough call, and I can understand wanting to sell, but I can't see Cory being happy about his team bailing on the playoffs and seeing one of his prime years going "poof" without a playoff appearance.  Like you said, if the Devils don't re-sign him, they're screwed...which means trading current players for picks that might pay off long after Cory's said "Screw this" simply isn't the best way to go.  If the Devils are close to a berth at the deadline (they'll have four games to make their case), I don't see how bailing on the season helps their cause in convincing Schneider to stay.

What's interesting about the Schneider deal is that apparently it was agreed to the night before and Lou wanted it under wraps for the sake of fans going to the draft. I wonder if he figured at the time Nishuskin would not be available, which would make it a more palatable trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk