New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

I can't fathom how anyone could be surprised by this ruling based on all the strife from last year with Hossa & Prongers contracts. You had to know that Bettman was just looking for the next infraction and a 17 year contract was plum for the picking.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of the non-hockey sports fans i talked to about this thought that the 17 year contract length was either a joke or a misprint. the contract shredded the credibility of the NHL.

While I might agree with this I feel that allowing the previous long term front-loaded contracts already shredded the league's credibility. So as long as we play in a league with no credibility then allow my team to benefit aswell.

I'm just really tired of all this. While this has to be the most interesting offseason for the Devs that I can ever recall (save for the cup years), it is just really, really draining now. I just want Kovy signed and to move on.

I'm just really tired of all this. While this has to be the most interesting offseason for the Devs that I can ever recall (save for the cup years), it is just really, really draining now. I just want Kovy signed and to move on.

+1000

all of the non-hockey sports fans i talked to about this thought that the 17 year contract length was either a joke or a misprint. the contract shredded the credibility of the NHL.

The fact that the biggest contract in league history's fate was decided by this guy ....

blochmagic_v2_06.jpgblochmagic_v2_07.jpg

... doesn't exactly help. This dude thinks he's the judge from Night Court or something.

This didn't really effect my mood :evil:

too much bad news has me not depressed but ... **sigh**

My old boyfriend who Zubrus looks like has a solid case of cancer he can't shake. It's the writing the will but expect to still be here 2-5 years stage.

My husband's old roommate in Forestry school died and no one told us. Sounds like an aneurism. Great guy & environmentalist - such s shock - knew we hadn't heard from him in a while.

and my cousin (mother's 1st cousin) has inoperable lung cancer - her husband only JUST got around to telling the family and - she's already confined to a hospital bed.

My old boyfriend who Zubrus looks like has a solid case of cancer he can't shake. It's the writing the will but expect to still be here 2-5 years stage.

My husband's old roommate in Forestry school died and no one told us. Sounds like an aneurism. Great guy & environmentalist - such s shock - knew we hadn't heard from him in a while.

and my cousin (mother's 1st cousin) has inoperable lung cancer - her husband only JUST got around to telling the family and - she's already confined to a hospital bed.

Sorry to hear all that. :(

While obviously the Devils are something I care about a lot, friends / family always come first.

so what i think is going to happen now... they are "re-viewing" the other luongo, hossa...etc etc contracts... saying they could get void...

pretty sure they are saying... ok devils... now while youre trying to restructure a deal you cant even do something similar than the others cause we MIGHT void them... so were not going to accept anything close to what they have... but were gonna give them a chance since they already started the contract... so yeah pretty much... fvck you Devils no hard feelings uh

So is kovy being a Devil a foregone conclusion? I mean once we got Kovy signed to the 17 year deal other teams made moves. Most don't have a lot of salary cap space and we know he won't go to a team that isn't a contender. Am I right? C'mon guys the razor's at my wrist!

Well let's hope Lou did have a plan "B" & we hear about it within the next 24 hours. The longer Kovy stays in the market the more of a chance he does get offers or even signed by someone else, like LA!

No matter what Kovy said about this is the team he wants to be with, it is all about the $$$$!

I think the more relevant question to ask is whether, if the league hadn't challenged it, but had they heard about it generally, would it effect whether they would want to go to/watch a hockey game.

My whole beef with this is that all of the other contracts the league registered do the exact same thing the league claimed to Bloch was wrong with Kovy's deal. That Kovy's deal was more blatant is irrelevant. The other deals are either retirement contracts or they're not.

Granted no one here can be objective about this, but the whole mess falls squarely on the league's shoulders. They changed the rules in the middle of the game. There's just no disputing that. In the process they created a fiasco involving arguably the biggest free agent ever.

The only thing that can make matters worse is invalidating all the other "retirement contracts".

Clown shoes.

My whole beef with this is that all of the other contracts the league registered do the exact same thing the league claimed to Bloch was wrong with Kovy's deal. That Kovy's deal was more blatant is irrelevant. The other deals are either retirement contracts or they're not.

It's not irrelevant, it's massively important.

Things like this show whether Kovy signs here or not means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Anyone who is seriously depressed about him not coming here has a pretty good life to spend time being upset about something so minor.

Sorry for your and your friends misfortune.

Sorry to hear all that, PK.

I think the more relevant question to ask is whether, if the league hadn't challenged it, but had they heard about it generally, would it effect whether they would want to go to/watch a hockey game.

Granted no one here can be objective about this, but the whole mess falls squarely on the league's shoulders. They changed the rules in the middle of the game. There's just no disputing that. In the process they created a fiasco involving arguably the biggest free agent ever.

The only thing that can make matters worse is invalidating all the other "retirement contracts".

Clown shoes.

the league didn't reject the other deals. kovalchuk's was just not even close to the other deals. bloch can't rule on them.

the NHL waited until it had a slam dunk and it got it.