First Round: The Florida Panthers

Steven M.

I'm not saying the Devils were wrong not to play him, I'm saying he probably thinks we stunted his career by making him a four-games a year backup. Remember his 'I don't feel like I'm in the NHL' interview?

I meant him getting thrown out as in being sent back to the minors that season AFTER winning 25 games and being a big part of winning the division. And he's got a .910+ save percentage every year since going to Florida with 20+ starts a year, that's not terrible.

You can dismiss it all you want, he's played spectacular against us in his starts since leaving. I'm not saying we can't beat him, I'm saying we haven't gotten to him yet and that's not insignificant.

In fairness, he was an emergency call up. They HAD to send him down once Marty came off the IR.

I don't think he's terrible. He's a decent goalie. But he's also beatable. I think Theodore would be just as much a challenge as Clemmensen would be. The Devils forwards need to get over this 'making average goalies look amazing' thing. I'd love for them to do it this round.

I meant him getting thrown out as in being sent back to the minors that season AFTER winning 25 games and being a big part of winning the division. And he's got a .910+ save percentage every year since going to Florida with 20+ starts a year, that's not terrible.

He was recalled via emergency recall to avoid waivers when he would be sent back down. He owes his entire career in the NHL to Brodeur's injury and being with the Devils; he'd probably have a day job if not for that.

Florida are the biggest shot overcounters in the league, so his save percentage is probably closer to .906 had he stayed in New Jersey. Not too impressive.

In fairness, he was an emergency call up. They HAD to send him down once Marty came off the IR.

Yes they had to send him down immediately, but they didn't have to keep him down through the rest of the season and the playoffs. Especially with how little confidence Sutter actually had in Weekes.

its here its here!!!!

SERIES C TIME (ET) #3 VS. #6 NETWORKS

FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012 7 P.M. NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA NHL NETWORK, TSN

SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012 7:30 P.M. NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA NBC SPORTS NETWORK, TSN

TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012 7 P.M. FLORIDA AT NEW JERSEY NHL NETWORK, TSN

THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012 7 P.M. FLORIDA AT NEW JERSEY NHL NETWORK, TSN

*SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012 6:30 P.M. NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA NHL NETWORK, TSN

*TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012 TBD FLORIDA AT NEW JERSEY TBD

*THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012 TBD NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA TBD

My link

FRIDAY that is perfect for me!! No work in the morning versus having to race back from the game and being tired as sh!t at work the next day. Oh, it's on! I like!

Sorry to all my brothers & sisters in Jersey that there are no weekend games :( My Dad and Brother can't go because of that either. Hopefully we make it to the second round and you guys that can only make it on the weekend get rewarded!

They definitely tried to make sure Florida home games weren't an embarassment with two weekend games and a Friday night :P

I'm hoping we have a lot of fans at the games down there. God knows 8 trillion Jet fans show up to Fins-Jets games every year in Miami (drives me fvcking nuts), so you'd think some of those people are also Devils fans.

Friday, April 13, 2012 7 p.m. New Jersey at Florida NHL Network, TSN

Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:30 p.m. New Jersey at Florida NBC Sports Network, TSN

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7 p.m. Florida at New Jersey NHL Network, TSN

Thursday, April 19, 2012 7 p.m. Florida at New Jersey NHL Network, TSN

*Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:30 p.m. New Jersey at Florida NHL Network, TSN

*Tuesday, April 24, 2012 TBD Florida at New Jersey TBD

*Thursday, April 26, 2012 TBD New Jersey at Florida TBD

Edited by Anhkheg