Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

Now this is BS... Src

This is how I like to imagine it went down

Marketing Guy # 1: "hey lets sell objects specifically with the idea that its ok to throw them on the ice"

Marketing Guy # 2: "Great idea! but won't that interrupt game play?

Marketing Guy # 1: "No no no, we will just tell them to only throw them at the end of the game! our fans are trustworthy"

Marketing Guy # 2: "Great idea!"

... 3 home games later after rats are flying everywhere during the game ...

Marketing Guy # 1: "lets just blame the visiting fans"

Marketing Guy # 2: "Great idea!"

I never really had any animosity towards Florida, but I guess the longevity of a playoff series is starting to kick in. I'm getting tired of these busch league shenanigans that they're always fvcking running.

Maybe if I call them and pledge not to bring any rats, and show my driver's license, they'll give me some free tickets like they did a while back. Fvcking sad.

What a joke by a 2nd class organization. Btw, it was actually Dineen who started all of this- he accused Devils fans of throwing the rats first, and the Panthers and their beat writers ran with it. Let's give these a$$holes a nice big sh!tburger to eat, eh? Maybe instead of rats, Panther fans can toss their tickets to round 2 on the ice after game 7.

What a douche move. Booker should hold a press conference to call this guy a rat-hucking huckster.

Nothing says high-falutin' huckster like a guy who advocates selling rubber rats to be thrown onto the ice, collecting them, and then re-selling them.

Also, on the not joking side of it, when parking at the BAC is free all year long and then gets hiked up to $20 an event... now you know you've got a huckster on your hands.

the ice, the rats, etc.

holy crap is it unprofessional. now one of the lead Panther officials is encouraging Panther fans in NJ to throw rats like some Devil fans may of did. Real classy. I know who will never get a job in a Lou type organization.

Some greatest hits from Twitter:

‏@onepasthunter: @PanthersYormark @NoName54146906 No issue until now....probably has to do with no one going to Panthers games until now.

@brodeur552: @PanthersYormark lol. how are you a president. Are you going to say that a devils fan hacked your twitter account now? #joke

@timjoyce: Like fans....RT @PanthersYormark: #flapanthers will introduce some new elements to its game presentation on friday night. #bethere.

@dpware: @PanthersYormark While in NJ please follow around @NHLDevils CEO Lou Lamoriello to see how a real NHL exec handles himself. #pathetic

@shadowpwny: Does @PanthersYormark realize he insulted the wrong fan base? #NJDevils

@kmart890: @shadowpwny Clearly, @PanthersYormark did not realize the Devils lead the league in social media and marketing.

@CowbellSteve: Q: What do the #FlaPanthers and #NJNets have in common? A: No fans, a bunch of pissed of people in Jersey, and a Yormark! @PanthersYormark

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

I'm going off on this a$$hole on twitter. I had the one that DJ Eco just posted, my account is @onepasthunter. Some others I just had:

@PanthersYormark: Rumor has it that cats fans are bringing rats to new jersey. #traditionhitstheroad.

@onepasthunter: @PanthersYormark Is it really a tradition if you only get to do it about once a decade?

@PanthersYormark: Despite rumors, cats do not give out free rats at the arena. #faninitiative.

@onepasthunter: @PanthersYormark Your cheap ass sells and resells them like a true huckster.

I want to thank Booker for permanently introducing the words high-falutin' and huckster into the NJ Devils fan base vernacular. Cause everytime I see it, I crack up.

Haha I totally agree.

To me the best part of the whole Booker-JVB feud is every time nj.com aka Star Ledger ran a story about it, they always used the same picture at the top of this article. I just see it and bust out laughing each time lol.

Booker-JVK

Hahaha Booker just looks so pissed and right next to him JVK has a huge sh!t-eating grin on his face. Priceless.

Edited by DevsMan84

This is fantastic. Challenge the most technologically advanced fan base, on twitter.

Joke of a franchise. Maybe coach PDB can use this strong showing about how passionate the fans are to motivate the team

Has this been proven or is it just Devils PR statement?

There are other teams out there with their own smartphone apps and the like that the Devils do not have.

What a joke by a 2nd class organization. Btw, it was actually Dineen who started all of this- he accused Devils fans of throwing the rats first, and the Panthers and their beat writers ran with it. Let's give these a$$holes a nice big sh!tburger to eat, eh? Maybe instead of rats, Panther fans can toss their tickets to round 2 on the ice after game 7.

For cryin' out loud, really? Dineen, just shut the hell up. First you rip the Prudential Center ice because of all the standing water at your practice, only to realize it was your own stupid fault for putting your team out there immediately after the zamboni resurfaced the rink. And now this?

The stupidity of some people ... it never ceases to amaze me.

Slightly OT:

It's sh!t like this, the sh!t this 2nd rate organization pulls, that makes the 3-2 deficit all the more infuriating.

Come on Devils, beat these..nothings! They can't draft, they barely made the playoffs (and seriously benefitted from the stupid division rules), they are a 1 line PP team.

And yet, here we are. Devils facing elimination tomorrow night.

/back OT

i think it's from a forbes research article on the devils introducing new social network with the generals etc.

Social networking savvy i can see, but as far as technologically savvy the Canadiens have their own Firefox browser done by the fans