Mike Sislo

NewarkDevil5

One name I've heard come up a few times already in this rookie camp is Mike Sislo. A quick look at this guy shows he had better than a PPG season his last year in college before coming to the AHL for an abbreviated season. He's a right wing which is the position we're most lacking at. Anyone know anything about this guy that might say whether or not he could be at the very least a 3rd line guy for us this season, possibly a replacement for Poni?

One name I've heard come up a few times already in this rookie camp is Mike Sislo. A quick look at this guy shows he had better than a PPG season his last year in college before coming to the AHL for an abbreviated season. He's a right wing which is the position we're most lacking at. Anyone know anything about this guy that might say whether or not he could be at the very least a 3rd line guy for us this season, possibly a replacement for Poni?

Meh. I don't know anything about his game in college - I remember when he was signed, Lou praised his work ethic and compared him to Pandolfo in that respect. This is a big season for him, I bet he'll get into the NHL this year at some point, but I don't have high hopes for him becoming anything more than a 4th line/shuttle-type forward. For him to become anything better, he'll have to have a big season - NHL-level players don't typically have .5 PPG AHL seasons at 23.

Edited by Triumph

Sislo is certainly a long shot to make the team. As Tri pointed out, he didn't have the best of seasons in the AHL. However, it was his first pro season and if he can make adjustments, then he just might get a look. It's a big year, professionally, for him. Right now, if I were a betting man, I'd say he does not get a sniff of the NHL this year.