Game Thread: Atl@nj

Weekes Head

All I can post is WOW.

Did you relly think there would be a big deal? There was nothing to trade with, no money and no players in the system worth picking up unless the best players leave, and Lou isn't going to let that happen.

Don't you agree that the team is better today than Sunday?

Threy will be in the playoffs, Marty will set a record or tie one for games played and the Devils will exit the playoffs no later than round 2.

Do you want me to tell you I told you so about the trades or lack thereof? That doesn't do antthing for you. Accept what is there is there. Let's see how far they can go.

Tonight their defense doesn't look that good. PP still stinks and Offense is trying to tie came. It 2-3 Devils right now with 4 minutes to play.

Elias is playing better with Gomez in the building. Wouldn't you want that improvement? Gomez is an anchor for the Devils offense.

Exciting last couple of minutes.

Boston gets a point losing in OT to Ottawa.

It's over Atlanta 3-2.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter.

I really don't want to see an all out brawl on the board tonight, everyone is testy, and everyone is very frustrated right now for many reasons. I understand that, but I just don't want to see things get overly out of hand.

I'm not yelling at NJay, but I'm looking out for him.

All I can post is WOW.

Did you relly think there would be a big deal? There was nothing to trade with, no money and no players in the system worth picking up unless the best players leave, and Lou isn't going to let that happen.

You may have a point with the money issue, but big names were being dealt today for draft picks and career minor leaguers. That is the part that is very frustrating.

I agree, Elias's -2 is a great indicator of his play tonight.

As usual, the rabble are being irrational.

The Devils had no jump in their step tonight, but I expected that, trade or no trade. You'll note in the predictions thread that I predicted 3-2 Atlanta, and that was when I still thought the Devils would make a deal.

Marshall threw some hits but did not do anything offensively.

Smehlik had a decent game.

Friesen-Nieuwendyk-Langenbrunner didn't score a goal, but they were skating circles around Atlanta by the end.

Too many missed shots in general. Gionta and Langenbrunner were the worst offenders, and Rafalski played an erratic game..

Mike Rupp always looks uncomfortable out there. I was very surprised to see him in the lineup at the expense of Bicek.

I still believe in this team. If you people want to waste your time complaining about poor entertainment, that's your perogative.

jay- i'm with you. it's been a tough day. both lou and burns made mistakes today. and the devils paid for it.

lou said today, when asked if he was upset he didn't get a goal scorer, that the devils didn't need one. he claimed that the goal differential is more important than goals scored. this is one of those statements that is a half truth. of course you want that number to be good. but when your defense is in the top 3 in the league, the worst offense still puts up a decent differential.

it hurts today. i keep telling myself that at least we're not pittsburgh and that this team has a $50M payroll. but that still doesn't make me feel better. not today

They will get up abd beat Boston for many reason 1) Burns wants win, could be an early llook at round 1. Then they will beat the Rangers even if it's an afternoon game. They will be up for Philly and win there. Montreal will be easy picking. Pittsburgh hasn't much left so Devils should win. Then they face the Isles who will give them a tough time.

You heard it Gomez scratched because he must play better according to Burns. Expect Elias to be scratched in Boston. With these kind of head games going on maybe I will rethink them getting out of round one.

Do you still believe I was wrong that Gomez will be traded before the start of next season? Elias will also be traded before the start of next season.

sund, what is Lou supposed to say, honestly?

He didn't have the assets, both financial and corporeal, to pull off a deadline deal. I believe that. This board can complain about a Carter deal, but Lowe got the best deal he could for Carter, a marriage between current competence and future worth that the Devils could not have offered.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.