2012-13 AHL/ECHL Thread

RowdyFan42

Went to the game yesterday, had a blast. The team looks good, the talent is totally there. Henrique, Josefson, Tedenby, and even Butler looked GREAT. We have some SERIOUS offensive talent coming up!!

However, our defense was largely underwhelming. Larsson made a couple of questionable plays in the second half of the game and overall they left Kinkaid out to dry way too many times. Kinkaid, on the other hand, looked GREAT. Disregard the 4 goals on the scoreboard, he made some awesome saves and if my memory serves me correctly, all 4 goals were from some seriously severe defensive lapses around/behind the net. I don't get to watch minor league hockey too often but I felt very comfortable with Kinkaid in net. It's the defense I'm a bit worried about; there were player coverages I could spot from the upper seats that our d-men were one step behind on.

However, the Penguins didn't look half-bad, so I can't say the team played badly overall; they were extremely evenly matched.

Whatever, it just opens up a spot for another guy - trouble is, it's hard to imagine Henrique being ready for the season when it does start.

More like "IF it does start."

This team has no forward depth. It shows with Albany's struggles to consistently score goals. Losing anyone projected to play in the top 2 lines with the big club is a gigantic loss should the season start soon.

More like "IF it does start."

This team has no forward depth. It shows with Albany's struggles to consistently score goals. Losing anyone projected to play in the top 2 lines with the big club is a gigantic loss should the season start soon.

Albany has plenty of forward depth - note that I said Albany and not NJ. Part of the problem is that shots aren't falling. The forwards alone are shooting 8.8% as a team. Well, that's around the average shooting percentage for forwards and defensemen in the AHL. So it's no wonder that they're not scoring.

Sounds like Kinkaid had a good night, 44 saves, 3-2 win.

He had a Cujo type good night, he creates so many problems by his piss poor positioning. Any time he moves side to side he ends up falling or moving past his angle. Without some serious coaching he has very little NHL potential. Then again, Sean Burke turned a similar goaltender into Mike Smith.

Josefson is clearly quicker with his first stride this season. His skating is pretty much what Parise's was as a winger and plenty good for a center. He is shooting quite a bit more, he shot looks crisp as well. He won't beat goaltender from outside but he should convert on more goals in the high slot.

Tedenby didn't play terrible from an offensive perspective but he is still terrible on the cycle, weak in the corners and poor in his own end. Unless he makes himself effective in the offensive zone on the rush he isn't going to be a good player.

Larsson looks about same as last year but at this level he looks so much better. He seems to be making decisions a little quicker on the blueline.

Gelinas had a terrible time with his breakout tonight, he didn't look at that good.

MacPherson is terrible.

Pesonen had a good game as well, he was hard on the forecheck, used his speed well and kept the puck down low.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Wedge edged Clermont in the shootout, after a shootout of a game. 7-6 Titans.

Wedge stopped all 5 shooters in the shootout.

Had a chat with Wedge while we were waiting for the media to finish speaking with Coach Williams.

He's a funny guy. We chatted about Clermont, WJC's, his "concussion", Niko Hov's, tomorrow's game vs Elmira again, and Albany and their lack of scoring. Fun game, Wedge admitted it was an awful game, hence the score.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324