Game 7

mouse

This series has often been frustrating, but if we win tomorrow, all of that goes away. These guys improving/continuing to improve go a long way toward separating us from the bushleaguers in Florida.

Parise -- great play on the backcheck last night, but hasn't exactly been lighting it up. He missed the net again when Clemmer was out of position. If he's burying his chances, our 1st line and PP become damn near impossible to stop.

Volchenkov -- disaster earlier in the series. Looked good last night. Needs to go back to being the anchor of the defense rather than an anchor on defense. Hopefully he was hurt and is healthy now.

Clarkson -- 3rd line is doing a good job on defense and the forecheck, but needs to bury a goal or 2, or at least threaten more. Poni doesn't have much touch, and Henrique has looked good, but is still a rookie. Clarkie's puck luck from the regular season has died down, as we could have expected, but he still needs to carry that line a little more.

Zubrus -- The 2nd line has not impressed me. Elias needs to do more, but I get the feeling it's his line dragging him down. Sykie has great chemistry, but he's slow, and lookds tired, and I don't see that changing, considering he tired out late his last couple years in the league, and hasn't even played an NHL schedule in a couple years. That's not changing. Zubs needs to bury a shot to give Elias room to manuever. I love Zubs' effort, but if he's playing with Patty, he has to show some more skill to complement that effort.

This series has often been frustrating, but if we win tomorrow, all of that goes away. These guys improving/continuing to improve go a long way toward separating us from the bushleaguers in Florida.

Parise/Zajac/Kovy need to be more creative, consistently throughout the game. There are a lot of shifts where absolutely nothing happens and they just chip the puck back and fourth in the corner until they eventually cough it up. I found myself yelling mostly at them last night... and our defensemen in general.

Last night Zubrus, Poni and Henrique all generated excitement in their play but they lack the scoring touch though... their goals will be the random, dirty chipped in goals.

But clearly, it's Brodeur who needs to step up. He has let in softies, and looks visibly slow. He seemed to have difficulties finding the puck off rebounds... and on more than one occasion I see him searching for the puck in one corner, when the puck was chipped away to the other corner... he is definitely losing agility at an advancing rate. I wouldn't peg a series loss solely on him, but I won't be crediting him with a series win either.

Brodeur. And it's not even close. He's had one good game and spurts of a good period here or there in other games this series.

Really in all honesty, the game never should have been in question and gone to the 3rd and OT with our season the line.

Brodeur. And it's not even close. He's had one good game and spurts of a good period here or there in other games this series.

Really in all honesty, the game never should have been in question and gone to the 3rd and OT with our season the line.

This, and the Panthers aren't going to get 15 shots again. He has to be much better.

I'm not expecting much out of him. I think the skaters can win the series, as long as Marty doesn't lose it, but he's gonna have great moments and he's gonna let in softies, and nobody can control that. Hopefully the great moments outnumber the softies tomorrow.

let the marty hate wash all over you, some of you need an "all marty's fault" button on your keyboard, and send.

its easy for zach to wear the C and skate hard all over the ice and miss the net, because no matter how bad he is it cant be "all zach's fault"

news flash we won last night...status quo.

You know, I hate to comment because I'm not sure who is honestly capable of what right now.

I don't know who can take hearing what.

I think we all just call out the people we know can hack hearing they need to step up and who might respond. The trouble honestly isn't there though.

The team needs buy-in from all corners. Not the so called "unexpected" because they're all in step. It's the "gee whiz maybe he just can't do it" guys that need to elevate their play and NOT fvck up in the process. Stuff is doable but from here, I'm just not seeing what's doable. That's the trouble with re-loading. No one can be a dud and it's really hard to know who to trust - just from a capability stand point. Does that make any sense?

They need to believe and PDB has to know what to say.

This, and the Panthers aren't going to get 15 shots again. He has to be much better.

Yes. At home in a Game 7, they are going to play a little more up-tempo.

They've also reinforced something I've felt for the last year or two, that the word has gotten out on where Marty can be beaten. They've been using speed on their wings, but also throwing a lot of pucks at Marty's pads near the posts and crowding the sides of the net with rebound opportunities opposite from where Marty is defending on the other side of the net.

Is anyone else feeling a Clarkson, Sykora, Bernier rotation of some kind? I'm not sure how true this is, but people are saying Clarkson is hurt. Sykora has not been too effective lately, but Bernier has been good. I know the goal last night was kind of flukey, but he has been playing a very good physical game as of lately. In my opinion, he deserves more than just the fourth line. Although, I did see him take a couple shifts with Poni I think.

Most of them need to step up. Greene, Volchenkov--horrible. Clarkson, Sykora- invisible. Patty--thinking to much with the puck. Kovy-cant keep the puck still. Zub-complete Zero. Poni-skating in circles while Florida scored the first goal. Marty-passing the puck to the opposition more than his own players. Got to stop. Getting arm weary!!!

Most of them need to step up. Greene, Volchenkov--horrible. Clarkson, Sykora- invisible. Patty--thinking to much with the puck. Kovy-cant keep the puck still. Zub-complete Zero. Poni-skating in circles while Florida scored the first goal. Marty-passing the puck to the opposition more than his own players. Got to stop. Getting arm weary!!!

I do not think Greene has been horrible, but he hasn't been good either.

I was telling my gf yesterday how funny it is that our best defeseman this entire series has been Zidlicky. Go figure.

Greene has not been horrible - he and Fayne have been the Devils two best defensemen, probably.

The way I see it at this point is that Hedberg probably has a better chance of winning this game than Brodeur (as would Clemmensen if he were on our team), simply because either would stop standard shots and let in ones that are truly spectacular. I think the Devils are simply better at scoring and at defense than the Panthers, so a standard goalie would do. Brodeur just is really good when he's stopping everything but the two last night were some weird anomalies that wouldn't go in if a goalie were just playing fine. Not like it makes a difference, it will be Brodeur of course.

If productions continues to be an issue then I would switch the lines to this.

Kovy-Zajac-Clarky- Seems like Kovy and Travis have been performing well together. Pair them with Clarky to see if he can get rolling.

Parise-Elias-Sykora- It would be a soft line without Zuby, but Zach's speed can counter that lack of it from Sykora and Parise and Elias could get clicking.

Poni-Gionta-Zubrus- Gionta has shown he is fiesty and I think the two big fellas on the wing with an energy player like Gionta at centre would be great. (Gionta has been centering the 4thline, correct, not carter?

Carter-Henrique-Bernier- 4th line has been getting a lot of ice, and because they deserve it. Bernier and Carter have worked well together, maybe they could awaken Henrique, who has been sharp, but needs to produce.

Remember, I would only like to see this if we are struggling offensively. We had 42 shots and only allowed 16 in Game 6, so something must of clicked with our current lines.

I think this team is starting to realize that you have to play 60+ minutes to win a game in the playoffs and its not regular season minutes.

These are my two keys to victory in Game 7:

1. Playing a full 60 minute game

2. Marty will have to bring a stellar and calming performance, i.e., stop the puck when you get a chance, minimize on playing the puck unnecessarily and keeping it in play (we are the veteran team), and please no softies and a strong focus.

I think this team is starting to realize that you have to play 60+ minutes to win a game in the playoffs and its not regular season minutes.

These are my two keys to victory in Game 7:

1. Playing a full 60 minute game

2. Marty will have to bring a stellar and calming performance, i.e., stop the puck when you get a chance, minimize on playing the puck unnecessarily and keeping it in play (we are the veteran team), and please no softies and a strong focus.

3. Minimize penalties like last night. The Panthers PP has been great against us. We need to win the battles in the corners and not take stupid penalties and give them the man advantage. We also need to get our own PP going.

I'll grant you Greene lovers that he hasn't been completely horrible on defense. But on offense???? Watch the replays--horrible!! Cant even successfully dump the damn puck into the zone. FROZEN.

Edited by peteyvegas

There are lots of faults to point at regarding the Devils but we are in game 7. BTW Boston is in game 7, the Rangers are in game 7, both Philly and Phoenix won in 6 and Detroit and Vancouver are on the links. So we are right there with the best and ahead of some of the best.

Lets Go Devils

im rooting for all the bottom 4 teams to win their game 7 ! would be hilarious and we'd get Washington if we win tomorrow. OR Rangers and Boston to win... i'd rather play the Rangers than Philly for now if we get to the 2nd round, but wtv all i want is a win tomorow from our guys !!!

LGD !!!