Sykora officially signs

StormJosh

Congratulations to Petr. He worked is butt off to get back and he deserves to be playing for the Devils and in the NHL this season. I hope he has a good year and that line of Parise-Elias-Sykora will put up a lot of goals and points this season. Looking forward to seeing this line play this year. Happy for Sykora.

I'd be happy with 15 goals, anything over 35 points, and a well rounded complete game from him. Really can't expect much from a guy who last played in the league in 09-10...and only 14 games that year.

strange seeing him wear #40. Lou would never accept 71 though

Edited by '7'

I think this thread os getting way too long -- and yet :giggle:

I dont think of this as going back in time or a re-tread. Elias and Brodeur are the only people remaining from the old days. It's not even like Rolston who appeared to find himself away form the team. This is Sykora's request and his coming back on trial and then offered a minimal contract - and he's not really taking up a much needed roster space even. It's just goofy to imply this is anything like his other bring backs.

Not overly excited about this.

Lou has to stop this trend of going back in time. Sykora may of looked good in the preseason but this is an 82 game season.

no one else on our team looked as good this preseason. and yo its a mad cheap contract its not that big a deal