Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

So help me god, if people boo him on his return to NJ I'll lose all faith in this franchise's fanbase.

People booed Madden the other night and I was annoyed. Same with Oduya at the Atlanta game.

Idiots.

But boo Rolston all you want. That sh!ts funny.

Edited by ghdi

Why?

Just because everyone here thought he was garbage and his career was just about over. I for one just think he was part of a garbage team this season and can only do so much. So I think when he goes to Dallas hell have a HUGE amount of stress off his shoulders and hell be bale to get down and dirty and do what he is good at.....scoring.

Ill laugh because itll be a big F you to all of those who thought he was done.

The bigger question is now that NJDEVS.com's favorite sacrificial lamb and red and black player-pinata is gone.

Who will this board turn to as its "scapegoat of choice"? Who will be responsible for the failure now?

I say Brian Rolston. A scapegoat that you can't get rid of is always better cause it adds to the frustration.

Congratulations! You just accomplished in one post what it usually takes weeks or even months of severe douchebaggery to achieve: A spot on my ignore list!

Did you see my reasoning behind why I will laugh? Not because I am a doucher but because itll rub it in all the other douchebag fan faces. I always had faith in him.

Just because everyone here thought he was garbage and his career was just about over. I for one just think he was part of a garbage team this season and can only do so much. So I think when he goes to Dallas hell have a HUGE amount of stress off his shoulders and hell be bale to get down and dirty and do what he is good at.....scoring.

Edited by Quinn01

You must watch hockey with Stevie Wonder glasses. Langenbrunner has poor decision making with the puck, takes slap shots from everywhere and has no legs left.

The bigger question is now that NJDEVS.com's favorite sacrificial lamb and red and black player-pinata is gone.

Who will this board turn to as its "scapegoat of choice"? Who will be responsible for the failure now?

There are several candidates which begins to tell you how bad the problem is.

In terms of unloading the dead wood and getting our cap back under control, Rolston will probably be the easy target but I would like to see David Clarkson moved. For a guy who can't skate and doesn't think the game at a particularly high level, he's still seem to at least have some value to other teams.

You must watch hockey with Stevie Wonder glasses. Langenbrunner has poor decision making with the puck, takes slap shots from everywhere and has no legs left.

As opposed to who? Kovie? Who trips over his own feet allowing multiple break aways that end up in goals most of the time this season?

Langenbrunner will not be in the line up tonight for the Stars when they play the Rangers.

:lol:

My main scapegoat right now is Clarkson. If he can bring something back in return, I'm all for it. I'd rather the Devils find someone else who can be a consistent grinder who hits/fights when needed, and also try to pick up a good 3rd liner like Chris Higgins (UFA this season, looks to have regained his scoring ability to an extent).

As opposed to who? Kovie? Who trips over his own feet allowing multiple break aways that end up in goals most of the time this season?

Yes, as opposed to Kovy, who scores goals and can fly up the ice if he has the space to do so.

I'm not saying he's not had his ups and downs like everyone else this year, but if you're implying that he's not much better than Langenbrunner, you are very wrong. Jamie is not done as an NHLer, but he is done as a top-6 forward. I agree with Jason's assessment, the guy just makes terrible decisions with the puck and doesn't have the legs or strength to pressure players or start quick rushes like he used to. His skills are limited to killing penalties chipping in the odd goal here and there now. Kovy still has a lot of top-level hockey left in him.

Care to give your submission for Andy Greene? We know you want to.

I've said little about AG this season - his play is speaking for itself.

One could argue that its his lack of projected growth to step up to be the PMD this team needed to generate a transition game was one of the major reasons why this team failed.

A gross overestimation by Lou - but I could see why he took the chance.

AG is fine @ his current salary playing 3rd pair minutes.

Too bad we have about 5 of this type of player.

It would be ludicrous to say that its all on him though.

Edited by DevilinLA

Yes, as opposed to Kovy, who scores goals and can fly up the ice if he has the space to do so.

I'm not saying he's not had his ups and downs like everyone else this year, but if you're implying that he's not much better than Langenbrunner, you are very wrong. Jamie is not done as an NHLer, but he is done as a top-6 forward. I agree with Jason's assessment, the guy just makes terrible decisions with the puck and doesn't have the legs or strength to pressure players or start quick rushes like he used to. His skills are limited to killing penalties chipping in the odd goal here and there now. Kovy still has a lot of top-level hockey left in him.

Right, legs wise sure he is not what he used to be. Hes 35. He came into the NHL at 21. Kovie is 27 right now. He is young. So strictly speaking legs and strength, you are 110% correct, Kovie has Langs on that one. Kovie has made lousy passes this season, shoots from anywhere he has a lane, which yes he scores that way most of the time, but this season he has missed just like everyone else on the team has putting pucks on net. I agree with you also when you say Jamie is no longer a top 6 forward.

I base everyones performance this season on the Devils on their self confidence....which is low as it is with the situation with the way the season is going, not to mention everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for the pat on the shoulder from Lou saying "It's time to go. Your time is up here."

For me, the first player that came to mind to dropping passes and passes that just are not good enough was Kovie. Maybe that wasnt the best example.

I still say everyone is basing his performance here in NJ just from this past season and a half.

Edited by Quinn01

i think it's interesting that lou asked him to waive his NTC over the summer.

part of me thinks this team was doomed from the summer on. you hear now how they all had the cap issues hanging over them this summer. langs was already asked about his NTC which had to piss him off.

elias is chirping away.

too many guys think they know better than the coaches.

a coach with no real gameplan.

players in rolls they're not suited for.

tri said it in another thread - this was the slap in the face this organization needed to change its ways.

• Like 1