New COACH THREAD!

HellOnICE

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably what it will come down to, if you believe the Jimmy Leeds rumor Haviland was the second choice last year.

It's starting to almost be a place where coaches wouldn't want to go........a coach's graveyard if you will.

I'll find out more on this soon. Like I said, he had the job last year, everything was in place just pending on what Lemaire wanted to do. But with him in the playoffs and a possible deep run, who knows how that will play out for next year.

The original issue was he and LL didn't see eye to eye on an issue they had with eachother in the past, but they seemed to have worked it out......I don't know exactly the issue, I was told, but I forgot.

It's starting to almost be a place where coaches wouldn't want to go........a coach's graveyard if you will.

I'll find out more on this soon. Like I said, he had the job last year, everything was in place just pending on what Lemaire wanted to do. But with him in the playoffs and a possible deep run, who knows how that will play out for next year.

The original issue was he and LL didn't see eye to eye on an issue they had with eachother in the past, but they seemed to have worked it out......I don't know exactly the issue, I was told, but I forgot.

It's a coaches graveyard only if you fail or bail.

I am for a fresh start with a new coach, same philosophy, better motivator.

But I would also agree the Jacques was just keeping the seat warm while Johnny-Mac got his HC experience.

Havi!!!

And they need a room shakeup as well. I don’t think coaching is the sole reason for the recent early exits. I didn’t buy into the ‘coach killer’ thing but I’m starting to.

It’s either that or Lou has totally lost his ability to get a coach who’s able to coach these players in April.

And they need a room shakeup as well. I don’t think coaching is the sole reason for the recent early exits. I didn’t buy into the ‘coach killer’ thing but I’m starting to.

From what I hear the Devils came close to that last season. It was one reason Madden was allowed to leave, since he was a big voice in the locker room, they were hoping that would change the dynamic. Since it seems the team reacted similarly this year, and we know Lou was pissed, I would think a bigger shakeup happens this offseason.

I don't buy into the coach's graveyard thing, either. Look at the talent we had this year. After getting Kovy, we had one of the top offenses in the NHL on paper. We had a "no name" defense, but they helped win the Jennings. And we still have Marty. Lou set this team up for a championship. I know the problems in the playoffs and everything, but the responsibility still falls on the coach's shoulders.

I don't think we'll have a problem getting a capable coach. Sure, odds are we lose Kovy, but look at the talent we still have. I'd like to think that the biggest priority of where a coach goes is the probability of winning a championship, and I don't know how we're not the most likely team to contend next year out of the teams with head coaching vacancies.

I think it has to be someone that will implement a strong forcheck while teaching players to be good two way players as well.

The team HAS to get faster.

I'd really like to see Tedenby and Urbom get legit shots now.

I've said it a few times. I'd really like the team to go after Matt Lombardi this offseason. Blazing speed and one of the best skaters in the league. If the Devs re-sign Kovy, Lombardi would be a great center that could actually keep up with Kovy and he would be semi-cheap.

DUMP: McAmmond, Niedermayer, Pandolfo, Mottau

ACQUIRE: Lombardi

CALL UP: Tedenby, Urbom, Eckford, Corrente

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Kovalchuk-Lombardi-Elias

Rolston-Zubrus-Tedenby

Zharkov-Sestito/Walter-Clarkson

Palmieri, Leblond

Martin-Eckford

Salvador-Greene

Corrente-White

Salmela, Fraser

Brodeur

Danis (Frazee, McKenna)

Yes, I'm bored.

In a couple years if he's been successful, I'll put my support behind J Mac. For now, I don't think I want any new blood behind the bench. I wouldn't mind a guy like Andy Murray. St. Louis had the 8th best PP in the league last year one year after having the worst. It might take him a little while to get going but I think he could do well.

Edited by ben00rs

GM's (or owners I forget who) can petition to have certain people on the cup who wouldn't otherwise qualify. Like backup goalies or players who got injured for most of a season or I guess in this case a fired coach. I think there is a virtual HD quality SC somewhere though that we could look at.

edit:

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/html/pages/home_2a.html

Yup it's there. 4th line down 2nd name to the right, before V. Bure.

Edited by squishyx

Stop !!!With the Johnny Mac should be the next coach rants already.Look i loved Mac as a player but not sold on him as a coach hes doing fine in the minors he should stay there a little while longer and prepare himself for the NHL and headcoach.Ken H. is an ok choice for the job as well as Stevens no to Keenan!!Also what about Quinn did he officcially retire and could Lou convince him to come out of retirment if he is retired?