Photo

Presidential Election Poll

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

Poll: Presidential Election/Unscientific Poll (42 member(s) have cast votes)

For those eligible, who are you voting for in November?

1. Barack Obama (16 votes [39.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.02%

2. Mitt Romney (16 votes [39.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.02%

3. Other (8 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

4. Eligible but not voting (1 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Tonight at 7:30 there will be another third party debate, this one will be moderated by Ralph Nader. You can watch it live online here: http://www.ustream.t...m_medium=social

Also tomorrow at 9:00 will be the second debate run by Free and Equal, featuring Gary Johnson and Jill Stein as a result of them winning the instant runoff voting poll on their website after the previous third party debate. It will be shown on RT, you can see if you get that channel here. If not, you can watch it on RT's website and hopefully C-SPAN will decide to cover this one the day of like they did last time.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#162 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

So here is the debate from Sunday night. They had some technical difficulties in the beginning so the video picks up somewhere in the middle of the debate. It was great to see that the candidates were actually able to directly ask each other questions.

And here is the Free and Equal debate from tonight with just Governor Gary Johnson and Dr. Jill Stein.

Even if you're going to vote for a Democrat or Republican, at least be an informed voter and know what else is out there.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#163 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Did C-SPAN end up showing last night's Free and Equal debate?

#164 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Did C-SPAN end up showing last night's Free and Equal debate?

I'm not 100% sure because I was at work so I had to watch it online afterwards anyway, but I don't think they did.
Oddly enough, a bunch of networks in other countries did cover it though.

Also I still haven't been able to get an answer as to whether or not a certain percentage of the vote automatically gets a third party on the ballot next time, but 5% of the popular vote gets them federal matching funds for the next time around and I think in some states it does automatically get them on the ballot--whether or not New Jersey is one of them continues to be seemingly impossible to find out.

Edited by devilsfan26, 06 November 2012 - 02:39 PM.

--John Buccigross

#165 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

According to this Washington Times article on Gary Johnson, 5% would get him on the ballot in any state. At least I think that's what it says.

http://communities.w...e-change-world/

Edited by 95Crash, 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#166 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I voted, it took me longer to find a parking spot then it did to actually go in and vote.

#167 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

I stand by my prediction of a landslide of Carter-Reagan proportions. It's common sense.

Not one single McCain voter from four years ago will vote for Obama in 2012. But Obama will lose votes from several blocs because of his horrid record: Hispanics, women, white men, Catholics, Jews, small businesspeople. It's going to cost Obama every swing state, plus more. People are going to be talking about how inaccurate most polls were.

Watch as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin fall into the Romney column. Watch New Jersey and Nevada be nail-biters.

Let's watch and see.

Posted Image\

#168 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image\

Hey, get back to work. Plenty of people on welfare are depending on you!

#169 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

wrong thread ><

Edited by squishyx, 06 November 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#170 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hey, get back to work. Plenty of people on welfare are depending on you!

No, he should get back to work so he can make a lot of money for his boss, which can the be taxed at a lower rate than his income
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#171 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

I stand by my prediction of a landslide of Carter-Reagan proportions. It's common sense.

Not one single McCain voter from four years ago will vote for Obama in 2012. But Obama will lose votes from several blocs because of his horrid record: Hispanics, women, white men, Catholics, Jews, small businesspeople. It's going to cost Obama every swing state, plus more. People are going to be talking about how inaccurate most polls were.

Watch as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin fall into the Romney column. Watch New Jersey and Nevada be nail-biters.

Let's watch and see.

You got basically nothing correct. The President has won by an electoral landslide. Florida is not even called yet and he already has 303 EV's.

Common sense? Common sense is not completely disregarding every single poll because its not going your side's way or blaming "the mainstream media" for all that ails the country. Common sense is not encouraging your party to go hard right when the demographics in this country are changing constantly and white people (myself included) no longer hold the cards.

Oh really? Romney got 100K less than McCain in Ohio and 200K less than Bush (04). Hispanics? At this point (3am) Hispanics voted for the President by a 3-1 margin which is BETTER than his 2008 margin in that same bloc. 40 point shellacking and he underperformed McCain among Hispanics nationwide! Obama won women 55 to 45 and both of these margins are expected to stay the same or grow by the time everything is counted. He didnt win white men, but the difference from 2008 was -3% and no one expected him to win that bloc. 70% of the Jewish vote. He's WON EVERY swing state bar NC (which almost all pollsters/pundits say was a longshot) with FL possibly going his way. The only improvement Romney made over McCain was the popular vote gap (no surprise), taking back Indiana and NC - which at the end of the day is nothing. Hell, Bush barely won in 2000 and 2004 and they're the most razor thin elections in modern history. The last time a Republican won with any sort of distance in the #s is 1988, now 24 years ago.

The GOP got slammed tonight. There is nothing they can hang their hat on, except the fact that a pro-choice, pro-gay marriage candidate (Christie) has a good shot in 2016 depending on how Obama's 2nd term goes and who runs for the Dems. Is it any surprise that the gap in the polls closed when Romney disingenuously lurched to the center in the first debate? When Romney was running hard right, he was getting smoked! W ran from the center-right from day one and still barely won. Gay marriage passed in every state it was on the ballot. The attempts to restrict women's reproductive rights was hammered in FL. Allen West is likely out. Michelle Bachmann could be out. Akin, Mourdock, Tommy Thompson, and basically every single senate seat that was contested has gone to the Democrats with a net gain of +4 not impossible with 3 races left to decide. At the very least, its going to remain the same in terms of the BOP in the Senate. The House has had a few more seats tip to the GOP with the re-districting, but no one expected the Dems to have a chance to take it.

Oh and just for kicks, Obama won PA by at 5 points. Too bad you didnt take the bet.

Edited by ghdi, 07 November 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#172 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,211 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Christie has 'no' shot in 2016, because of the pro gay marriage and choice thing, and because Repubs are somehow scapegoating him for losing the election after he dared to 'cross the aisle' with Obama after a state emergency. This after Romney was hammering home how much he would cross the aisle lmfao.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#173 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Let's watch and see.

GHDI, laugh like Biden all you want, get ready for the shocker on Election Day. It's over.

I say Romney gets to 315 or 320, with Romney getting Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin. All these states are tight according to several polls, and I think the enthusiasm to fire Obama will be the difference that pushes all of them to Romney. Wishful thinking? We'll see.

So we can all agree it was just wishful thinking then?
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#174 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

No, he should get back to work so he can make a lot of money for his boss, which can the be taxed at a lower rate than his income

Who's to say he can't be his own boss? If you don't work for yourself, it's your own fault.

#175 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Awarding electoral votes proportionally would be a good idea no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users