Lou has no words

MadDog2020

IMO he is part of the problem. He likes the "core" of this team too much. This core has 5 straight playoff flops and I'm not expecting Cup every year.

It wasn't the Cups, it was behind the bench. Lou got close to these guys, the two stints he took over as head coach. You can't fall in love with your players.

His players have a TON OF CHARACTER. This team played its balls off, it just didn't have the talent to matchup in the danger zone when things get fvcking crazy (i.e. last minutes of games)

Much to your credit, you're right. Top class players like Eric Staal decide games. We didn't have that top-class player save our day. The Devils failed to have a gamebreaker player in the series. Guys like Zubrus, Elias and Rolston did not perform to their expectations. We had little offensive help from the defense.

Actually, this loss was not hard to accept for me. The writing was on the wall. With our PP being so lackluster, do any of you think we could have won the SC? No way!

Bring in Phaneuf!!!

Bring in Phaneuf!!!

You've seen all the "Get rid of...." threads here that typically end in Brodeur, Madden, Pandolfo, Zubrus, Savatore, Mottau, Rolston, entire rest of Devils roster.....

Well, they have the same ones on the Flames site but end in Phaneuf.......

"Lost his drive", "Not developing to potential", "soft/oft injured", "not worth the money"...

I haven't read all the threads there, but I bet their solution is "Bring in Brodeur!!!"

(I am in no way suggesting a trade of Brodeur for Phaneuf...... simply suggesting that one mans goat is another mans saviour.)

The team doesn't have a 2nd line center and Defensemen that can actually score goals and lead the break out. Sadly Scott Gomez could do Two of those things (center and lead the breakout) and the position has yet to be replaced. There you go. That's the answer Lou.

We scored more goals WITHOUT Gomez this year than we did WITH Gomez a couple years ago. Particularly in the playoffs when he would do his disappearing act.

Actually, this loss was not hard to accept for me. The writing was on the wall. With our PP being so lackluster, do any of you think we could have won the SC? No way!

What kind of reasoning is this? You think every team to win the Stanley Cup plays flawless hockey throughout the entire playoffs?

The team doesn't have a 2nd line center and Defensemen that can actually score goals and lead the break out.

Sadly Scott Gomez could do Two of those things (center and lead the breakout) and the position has yet to be replaced.

There you go. That's the answer Lou.

Yep NO Gomez, NO break out ! Nail on the head ! Crunch Time we could clear the zone ! The Galloping Ghost from the Alaskan Coast, Damn I miss that, but not for 10 Mill ! I will never watch a replay of that game, EVER !

I'll just keep posting in this thread forever.... Uhm... checking out that article, I detest when Lou says "I take full responsibility". That is such a bullsh!t phrase.

If I take full responsibility for a mistake one of my staff members make, that means I take the punishment due for that mistake. If I take full responsibility for a car accident, spill wine on someones expensive clothes, break someones laptop that I borrowed... there is an inheirent suggest that I will pay some way or another for the mishap.

But that is never the case. The coaches in New Jersey get fired every 6 months. The players either get shipped out or let go to other teams. But Lou never seems to be punished or have to pay in any way for mistakes he has made. So saying "I take full responsibility" without accepting any consequences is bullsh!t as far as I am concerned.

Much to your credit, you're right. Top class players like Eric Staal decide games. We didn't have that top-class player save our day. The Devils failed to have a gamebreaker player in the series. Guys like Zubrus, Elias and Rolston did not perform to their expectations. We had little offensive help from the defense.

Bring in Phaneuf!!!

I disagree The Canes now have "top class players"??? Staal I will give you , who else????? Parise is every bit the player Staal is so they are a wash? Whitney? Is he as good a player as Elias?? maybe maybe not, he certainly does not back check. Then who else????? I would take Langs over Brindy at this point. No this team had the horses to win this series and make a long run, something went awry after Brodeur broke the record it is as simple as that. They certainly did not play to their ability for the last 2 weeks of the season and this series except maybe game 1.

I'll just keep posting in this thread forever.... Uhm... checking out that article, I detest when Lou says "I take full responsibility". That is such a bullsh!t phrase.

If I take full responsibility for a mistake one of my staff members make, that means I take the punishment due for that mistake. If I take full responsibility for a car accident, spill wine on someones expensive clothes, break someones laptop that I borrowed... there is an inheirent suggest that I will pay some way or another for the mishap.

But that is never the case. The coaches in New Jersey get fired every 6 months. The players either get shipped out or let go to other teams. But Lou never seems to be punished or have to pay in any way for mistakes he has made. So saying "I take full responsibility" without accepting any consequences is bullsh!t as far as I am concerned.

+1

I disagree The Canes now have "top class players"??? Staal I will give you , who else????? Parise is every bit the player Staal is so they are a wash?

look we all love parise. but parise is so good because he outworks everyone else on the ice, has excellent hands and very good hockey sense.

but he does not have the skill, shot, or strength of eric staal.

if you are able to match parise's drive (certainly not easy) and are an above average defender, you can contain him.

staal at his best can beat any defenseman.

all that being said, i would take parise 100 times over staal because i can't stand that diving prick.

I did like that Lou said that "excuses are for losers."

Sometimes sh!t just happens. We deal with it, we move on. We try to fix what caused the breakdown, but ultimately, it wasn't a particular person's fault. A lot of things had to happen to get to this point. We could have won the first overtime game. We could have prevented that goal from coming in with .02 seconds. We could have cleared the puck. Could've, could've, could've. We can go on forever about this. But it's done.

Let's look to the future.

Take full responsibility all you want but if he keeps putting a band-aid on a bullet wound then nothing changes, every fan, member of the media, and anyone else who follows the Devils know exactly what we say on this board all the time. We need a 2nd line center to help out Elias and a puck moving defenseman who can score goals and until we get those its going to be hard to win...all the Rolston's, Holik's, and Havelid's in the world won't change that...

Year after year Lou tries to strike gold with some insane plan and recently its just been bringing back people who have had success in the past with this organization and it hasn't worked.

As a Cowboys fan I can say that media, fans, and even the players all judge the Cowboys on 2 things, December and the Playoffs, and because of that they are failing...

If the Devils were judged on the same thing (the end of the season and the playoffs) then we would be considered an above average team at best, and as a fan, that's not good enough, I want better...