DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Hey, we started this whole thing when we were losing a whole bunch of games in December. We should come out on the 6th louder than ever to show our support for this team. We've been spoiled going all these years of always being in the playoffs. Let's show our appreciation and loyalty.

The irony is at least you won't get people who are just looking for a cheap ticket like with the event games, now it'll be back to the hardcore fans in the section(s). At least you can chant for Zach if nothing else.

Also the Devils said anyone who is interested in any sort of partial plan(weekday games / weekend games / 5 game pack, etc) to attend this event as well. They are interested in getting feedback from everyone and want to tell everyone what they have planned. So if you can come then please RSVP!

Geez I'd probably do a five-game pack in that section next year if it was available (since it doesn't look like I'll be able to renew my season tickets for various reasons) but I can't make the 30th. I will be there the sixth, if you guys need another to help fill out the section I could sneak over after the first period or something :lol:

One suggestion, you probably should re-emphasize somewhere in the thread title or subject line that there are still tickets available for the 6th. I know you want to promote the season ticket event on the 30th but wouldn't want people to forget there's another Supporters game this year.

Since a lot of the supporters seem to be of college-age, why are they holding this on a Wednesday when classes are still on?

Because they're the only games you can get a section's worth of tickets for a few weeks in advance (since the Supporters started mid-season and there's been a new game or two added every few weeks). Unless you're Nordique fans and you get them a few months beforehand :P

Because they're the only games you can get a section's worth of tickets for a few weeks in advance (since the Supporters started mid-season and there's been a new game or two added every few weeks). Unless you're Nordique fans and you get them a few months beforehand :P

I meant the event prior to tomorrow's game for people interested in getting season tickets next year for this section. A lot of people will prob not make the event who want to because they are largely of college age and have class.

I meant the event prior to tomorrow's game for people interested in getting season tickets next year for this section. A lot of people will prob not make the event who want to because they are largely of college age and have class.

I'm guessing because the people who will be running the meeting will already be there for their regular work day.

I'm guessing because the people who will be running the meeting will already be there for their regular work day.

Kinda like how I "won" a free tour of the arena back in Jan only to have the guy call me every 2 days to try to schedule it, but was only available during the week for tours starting at around 12-2PM. I told him I work and that a weekend date like the morning of a game date or even non-game date would be fine but he couldn't do it because he doesnt work then. I told him I work a standard work week M-F 8-5 and that if the roles were reversed, he would say the same thing I am saying. I am not going to take a vacation day or half day just to look at an empty arena that I go to 15-20 times a year.

Honestly, this is a job where you basically have no weekend. If you want to sell and make your commission, you better be avialable when I need you cause it could mean the difference between me buying a ticket plan or not if I cannot even meet the guy.

That sucks he can only give the tour at that time, that doesn't make much sense. Though I doubt they would get that many more people go to the meeting if it were on a weekend and people who don't attend this meeting will still be able to buy the tickets, so in this case I don't think it really translates into a loss of commission.

Also in my experience, most college classes were earlier in the day.

Edited by devilsfan26

Since a lot of the supporters seem to be of college-age, why are they holding this on a Wednesday when classes are still on?

well...

1) they probably wanted to get things taken care of before April 1st. It's only fair to other season ticket holders who have to renew by then.

2) The Devils haven't had a home game since Retro Night with the NCAA tournament being in Newark and all and I'm sure the Devils felt... as I do... that it would be even more inconvenient for fans to go to the Rock on a non game night just for that meeting.

3) if one 5:30(be there at 5 people) meeting before a game is a major inconvenience to would be Supporter's Section season ticket holders, then you can rest assured that those people would also be inconvenienced more than a few times over the course of a 41 home game season. Being a season ticket holder is a big commitment of time and money and inevitably there are going to be conflicts because the Devils can't work around all of our schedules. I say this as a current season ticket holder who has had to miss a few games and/or events over the last few years because of work but will be in attendance for the meeting today because I couldn't be more excited that the Devils are finally responding in a big way to a fan created idea. The fact that these tickets will be affordable and even more so than my current season tickets is just the icing on the cake

Every single time I order through the Devils website I get a message saying an error occurred, but your order may have been processed and to call them up and find out. Anyone else have this problem? So aggravating.

I ordered my ticket yesterday and didn't have a problem.