All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

I know he's literally one bad sneeze away from another concussion and I ripped him constantly when I lived in Buffalo, but what about taking a stab at Tim Connolly if he can be had as a cheap-as-hell rental?

He's a righty who can play both center and wing. Can kill penalties and has a decent shot when healthy?

What about taking a chance on that guy Kovy and Tarresenko played with in Russia? Viktor Tikhonov? He had great chemistry with Kovy and he could probably be had for cheap from Phoenix. The only problem would be convincing him to return to the NHL. Kovy might be able to convince him.

Tikhonov-Lokti-Kovy could be a dangerous young/cheap line.

It would take a rather large plague of injuries to call up Boucher.   How many, I'm not sure, there's an ATO provision in the new CBA

I think it would honestly take EVERY player on Albany to be injured and us to have no other option on our active roster.

OR

Albany's season to end?

Can we call up Reid boucher???? I mean it early and all but he score for 2 games in a row in the AHL and have 62 goals in the OHL....

let's not get too excited here... first he's not illegible i think and we already burned Matteau's first year of entry level. We have to be patient and see what he can do in the remainder of the season + camp next year. It would be the safe move to give him a full year in the AHL but we saw Matteau playing a good chunk this season cause we have terrible depth... so who knows

What about taking a chance on that guy Kovy and Tarresenko played with in Russia? Viktor Tikhonov? He had great chemistry with Kovy and he could probably be had for cheap from Phoenix. The only problem would be convincing him to return to the NHL. Kovy might be able to convince him.

Tikhonov-Lokti-Kovy could be a dangerous young/cheap line.

I wouldn't mind giving him a tryout in training camp next year, but I think it'd be asking a bit much to have him play here this year.  He might still be playing, too.

As for Boucher, his contract doesn't start this year.  I don't think he could ever play here this year.

Any thoughts on Alexander Burmistrov? He seems to be in the doghouse in Winnipeg and has even been getting scratched on and off this season. He's a guy I'd love to steal away. Maybe a swap of underperforming guys? Just thinking out loud really.

Any thoughts on Alexander Burmistrov? He seems to be in the doghouse in Winnipeg and has even been getting scratched on and off this season. He's a guy I'd love to steal away. Maybe a swap of underperforming guys? Just thinking out loud really.

i remember Patty giving the kid some mouthing last year and called him off.... they'd surely be great teammates lol

but that kid has talent from what i saw, havent seen enough from him though

i remember Patty giving the kid some mouthing last year and called him off.... they'd surely be great teammates lol

but that kid has talent from what i saw, havent seen enough from him though

I think he's Lokti clone..... She'll we start a Smurf line... lol j/k

I think it would honestly take EVERY player on Albany to be injured and us to have no other option on our active roster.

OR

Albany's season to end?

I'd have to go read the clause.    They are allowed now officially (they were never not allowed but were used shadily in the past by teams who were capbound... hi Flyers, I'm looking at you), but to use them as an emergency callup, alot has to happen.   Would be more likely for a goalie than a skater.

I don't think they can play as black aces after the AHL season for the same reasons, you'd probably have to burn through everyone who's played first.

I wouldn't mind giving him a tryout in training camp next year, but I think it'd be asking a bit much to have him play here this year.  He might still be playing, too.

SKA was eliminated from the KHL playoffs on Monday but yeah, he can probably make a lot more in the KHL at this point.

Dont know if it was said earlier in the thread, but i was under the impression that the Rangers trade was their 2013 3rd and a conditional 2014 2nd (if clowe re-signs). Well, just now on NBC Sports Network after the pens game they recapped the trade and they said it was a 2013 3rd, 2013 2nd, and a conditional 2014 2nd. If they really traded away their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year, that is literally as dumb as shero trading away the majority of the 2013 draft. At least the pens still have a 3rd (at least i think they do).