2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

I'm not even at the point where I'm wishing who Lou could've signed in Clowe's stead.  I think I'm more wishing he never signed Clowe, period.  It's early and probably not fair to kill this signing yet, but this one looks really, really bad.  He looks like damaged goods.   

Doesn't the compliance buy-out extend to next off-season too?

Devils still have 1 left then...

I like Clowe and I like Vochenkov, but both can be candidates for them.  Thing is with Clowe that contract would have 4 years left while Volchenkov would only have a couple more at most I believe.

Yeah, but my reasoning for it is a) I think Clowe can contribute in some capacity and b) you dress twice as many forwards as D. Plus, there's the logjam at D as far as prospects go. 

Sure, but Raymond was terrible in his last couple of seasons and while cheaper than Clowe, you wouldn't have gotten him for a mill like the Leafs. In July, signing Raymond over Clowe would've seemed crazy, finances aside. 

for sure but this is DevilsLand... where sitting Faynes and Larsson over Salvador and Volchenkov

when you enter this world... forget everything you know about life as you know it

but yes. If the Devils doesnt use the compliance buyout on Volchenkov next summer im gonna lose it

Edited by SterioDesign

Honestly the Caps are good for nothing. Any time they have the chance to do a favor for us and beat the Rangers, they fail horribly and sh!t on our dreams. Was kinda hoping we'd go into Saturdays game ahead of the Rags, as stupid and trivial as it sounds..

But no, Rangers get the shutout, Caps must have missed 3-4 open nets in the first period. Henrik and the Rangers have a few days to get pumped and go into Saturday's game with some momentum while we have none thus far.

Edited by DJ Eco

with a win tomorrow in regulation we'd jump over Colombus and be knocking at playoffs door being 1-2 wins away from the 3rd spot of our division

of course it's damn early but still thats where you want to be.

good to see we didnt dig ourselves a huge hole already eventhough we lost 7 in a row

Edited by SterioDesign

with a win tomorrow in regulation we'd jump over Colombus and be knocking at playoffs door being 1-2 wins away from the 3rd spot of our division

of course it's damn early but still thats where you want to be.

good to see we didnt dig ourselves a huge hole already eventhough we lost 7 in a row

Bad division is bad.

Beast of a game by J.S. Giguere tonight. Looks like he's really found his game..and in a year where pad sizes were reduced. Go figure.

I think there are some goalies that don't really realize that smaller pad will make them more agile and help their game.  May have been the case with him...

he is?...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hockey/post/_/id/15085/lundqvist-out-with-minor-issue

Guess so.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976