Anton Khudobin

NewarkDevil5

Someone on HF mentioned at one point that Khudobin is a UFA this offseason. I could easily see Hedberg retiring after the season he's had. Yes Khudobin just gave up 4 goals to us but in reality I don't think any of them were bad goals. He's got good stats overall and I like his style of play. I think he'd be a good option to backup Marty and maybe eventually platoon.

He's 26 years old, so it's not like he's super young and has tons of room to develop..but at this rate I'd take any fresh face over the two old men tandem we currently have.

Khudobin was kind of lost in the Minnesota system for years behind Backstrom and Harding, but he was always good when he got in, even before this year.

He can say he feels good all he wants but I don't think in an 82 game season with even more age and wear on Marty that we want to wind up with him playing the backup role. Maybe it doesn't have to be Khudobin but we're going to have to find someone to take on that role who can potentially last beyond next year.

Lou will let him play his final year out with dignity. But. If that's the case, unless lou after trades for a young developed goalie lou kinda would have to resign Marty for another year to back up our kid to help develop and train them. That's what I seem most apt honestly.

Next season? Lou wont move hedberg he'll let him play his final year out most apt. That would be after that season which require resign marty to a one year deal to be with kinkaid or to trade for a already starter ready goalie. Those are the two and seems the first one is most probable given Lou

If Hedberg retires I think they go with Kinkaid at backup next year

I'd love for Kinkaid to be ready to assume that level of responsibility, but at this point he has yet to play a single complete NHL game and his AHL stats aren't exactly lights out either.

Khudobin has had a .920+ save percentage at almost every single level he's played at. Granted he's played the most games at the NHL level in his career this year and that's only been 11, but his save percentage is still a .924 which is pretty decent considering that he's played as many games as most backups used to play behind Marty in a full regular season let alone a shortened one. Every time Khudobin's had NHL time he's done well. Once again, not the largest sample size, but still the fact is that he's shown himself repeatedly capable of playing at this level.