Going To New Jersey In 6 Weeks!

yes

Hey guys I'm new to the boards! I'll be hitting Atlantic City in the beggining of august.

I was wondering what great attractions/restaurants/shops there are there. I also wanna

go to Six Flags Great Adventure being a fan of roller coasters and all. How far is six flags from Atlantic City?

Do you think I could ride all the major rides in one day? What about the Go Karts? How much do they cost and how many mph do they go? If there are any other events in august that would be worth seeing just tell me about it!

if you go on a weekday..you prob can ride all the major rides in one day..weekend.. prob not..

they dont have go karts at great adventure..that i know of..

its about under an hour and a half from AC to Six Flags..parkway to lakewood exit.. or turnpike to 7A??? i think.

AC... my favorite restaurant is Savaratios... right passed hilton one block off...

im not a good judge of events down there since i just go and gamble.. but their is a house of blues at showboat that may have a good concert.. or check out the website for AC and there may be a lsit of events going ona t that time.

if you go on a weekday..you prob can ride all the major rides in one day..weekend.. prob not..

they dont have go karts at great adventure..that i know of..

There's go karts at six flags. They're right next to that big garage-looking thingy that has the sponge bob movie screen ride thing over by superman. I think it's about $7.

You have to be at Great Adventure rather early...like at opening...to make all the rides. Yes, Exit 7A but I guess you can take Parkway to 195? I think that's what lg is saying...

Oh and welcome to the board.

ooh 195? nope thats not right... i might be wrong.. its like 190-185ish... i thought it said lakewood. could be wrong... ya take the road real far down and there is a semi circle ya stay left.. take that to the boken down drive thru liquor store...make a left.. drive past tons of farms... when you see jay-ken farms you have like 2 more miles and turn left onto the road with GA. Im sure the turnpike is easier

There's go karts at six flags. They're right next to that big garage-looking thingy that has the sponge bob movie screen ride thing over by superman. I think it's about $7.

WOW.. haha.. years and years ago we had season passes and were there all the time.. i never saw them..and then i hadnt been there for a bunch of years.. all i remembered back there was scrambler and then superman.. i was there last year and didnt even notice.. i sooooo love go carts too...

Oh well!

i thought you meant EXIT 195 haha... so i was like no Lakewood is more like 185 or maybe lower.. but maybe you mean a road?

I dont even know if there is an exit 195 but its really close to the area you take to get to Great adventure so thats why i thoguht it.. i thin lakewood is exit 182, 185 maybe

Edited by langsgirl

Forget the rambling posted directions above. Take the Garden State Parkway north from AC. You will be getting on the GSP at mile marker 40 or so, depending on which way you leave AC. Go to exit 98 and take I-195 west. Oddly the same road eastbound is labelled route 138. You will get on I-195 at mile marker 34 and exit I-195 at exit 16, roughly 18 miles. Great Aventure/Hurricane Harbor/Six Flags is a mile west on county route 537.

If you take the NJ Turnpike, which is just about impossible from AC, get off at exit 7A (mile marker 6), and take I-195 East to exit 16.

Have fun!

Edited by point

It always makes me mad that they only tell ya how to get there from turnpike on the commercials cause all these years i took that way when the parkway was a lot faster for me.

Forget the rambling posted directions above. Take the Garden State Parkway north from AC. You will be getting on the GSP at mile marker 40 or so, depending on which way you leave AC. Go to exit 98 and take I-195 west. Oddly the same road eastbound is labelled route 138. You will get on I-195 at mile marker 34 and exit I-195 at exit 16, roughly 18 miles. Great Aventure/Hurricane Harbor/Six Flags is a mile west on county route 537.

If you take the NJ Turnpike, which is just about impossible from AC, get off at exit 7A (mile marker 6), and take I-195 East to exit 16.

Have fun!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...z=08527&r=f

Is this the direction you're talking about? Wow an hour and a half is long. Does it really take that long with

fast drivers?

You might make it in just over an hour with no traffic/cops.

Wildwood is fun too. Jersey Shore baby!

Yah but 195 has cops all over the place so I'd be careful on that stretch!

BTW, that map you posted is with backroads, I'd just continue on the Parkway and then to 195 as mentioned earlier.

WOW I'm lost lol.

Anybody else have any advice?

You will be able to drive much faster on the Parkway and 195 than on back roads. Also, there is less of a chance of getting lost.

Jackson is a big town, the point Mapquest picked is nowhere near Great Adventure.

The address for Great Adventure is:

1 Six Flags Blvd, Jackson, NJ

I haven't been to Great Adventure in way too long. I can taste the funnel cake now. Mmmmm that is good stuff.

Edited by PeteyNice

The address doesn't really matter. There will be signs. Just get off Exit 16 on 195, make a left and it's right down the street.

So, Parkway Exit 98 to 195 Exit 16 and you're there.

So how long does it take to get to Six Flags from atlantic city without backroads if we're gonna be going around 85 MPH? Still an hour and half?

You might knock off 15 minutes, but basically yeah 1.5 hours.

AC EXP WAY (10 minutes) to GSPKWY (50 minutes) to 195 (15 minutes) to exit 16 then another couple minutes to park.

Bring a Coke Can they save ya $$ M-F buy 1 get 1 free admission. Sat-Sun it's $10 off per person one can each.

You might knock off 15 minutes, but basically yeah 1.5 hours.

AC EXP WAY (10 minutes) to GSPKWY (50 minutes) to 195 (15 minutes) to exit 16 then another couple minutes to park.

Bring a Coke Can they save ya $$ M-F buy 1 get 1 free admission. Sat-Sun it's $10 off per person one can each.

Thanks a lot buddy! Are you sure tho if I bring a coke can I can save 60 bucks? It doesnt say anything on the site..

By the way any coke can work?

The distance is probably the same amount but you'll be on the highway almost all the way so either the same amount of time or less I'd think.

BTW, where ya visiting from?

I'm from good old montreal quebec!

By the way here almost all summer long its been raining.. is it like that there too?

its gotta be a coca cola can that has the six flags offer on it, but they almost all do, it would be worth it to by a 6 pack or go to quick check and look for one with the deal.. its a big savings

Thanks a lot buddy! Are you sure tho if I bring a coke can I can save 60 bucks?...

:thumbsup:

The can is easily marked with the offer. Do like Langsgirl sed and go into any convenience store WAWA & 7Eleven are a little more common in SE Jersey than QuikChek but anywhere should have the cans. Seek and ye shall find.

This week has been rainy, but it's got to end! :pray: