GDT: Devils vs. Rags

ZeroGravityFat

Better than trying to trick him with one extra pass...they did a better job tricking themselves. You can see that they think it's going to take the perfect play to beat him.

Exactly, you can definitely tell. That's why I think before the next Ranger game it would be beneficial for someone to call for simplification of the approach to beating Lundqvist. Stop overthinking, stop trying to be perfect, just play hockey. Play a simple game and rattle this douchebag's cage a little. Loosen up, have fun.

Devils just didn't have that extra gear today. They weren't driving the net because they just... weren't. Not a good performance all around - Rangers play some good defense. The Rags are definitely boring as sh!t though - that was probably the worst game I've seen all year.

People marking down Boston as an auto-loss should look at how Boston's done since the All-Star Break. They're good, but not unbeatable.

Boston's still punked us all season and still a better team though they're a bit less fearsome if they dare to play Rolston and Mottau against us. I'm fully expecting to be down 2-0 or 3-0 after the first period, Marty gets pulled and that gives us the excuse to give him the start Friday as well.

Except we countered and attacked when there was an opportunity. The rags just park the bus in front of the Michellin man.

lol some attacking, their passing was so bad they couldn't find a teammate with binoculars and they didn't even try to shoot multiple times where they had shots that could have been good scoring opportunities.

And again, we get, what, 1 PP? It's ridiculous now. I'd love to tabulate our PP time the last ten games. Stephen walkom is the most overrated official.

Boston's still punked us all season and still a better team though they're a bit less fearsome if they dare to play Rolston and Mottau against us. I'm fully expecting to be down 2-0 or 3-0 after the first period, Marty gets pulled and that gives us the excuse to give him the start Friday as well.

lol some attacking, their passing was so bad they couldn't find a teammate with binoculars and they didn't even try to shoot multiple times where they had shots that could have been good scoring opportunities.

I meant back when we trapped in the 90s. It was defense first but we attacked when we could. The rags today just completely park the bus. I agree with our overpassing tonight.

Don't sweat it guys, this is history repeating itself. See I've been thinking and in the past 10 minutes I've come up with a brilliant, Nostradamus, Bible Code, Dan Brown kind of thought.

So listen:

The Pens won the cup in 1991

The Pens won the cup in 1992 against the Blackhawks

The Habs(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won the cup in 1993

The Rags won the Cup in 1994

The Devils won the cup in 1995 in a lockout shortened season.

So compare that to the past several seasons:

The Pens won the cup in 09

The Blackhawks(who lost in 1992) beat the Flyers(a team from Pennsylvania) in 10

The Bruins(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won last year.

The Rags will win this year.

The Devils will win next year in a lockout shortened season.

Don't sweat it guys, this is history repeating itself. See I've been thinking and in the past 10 minutes I've come up with a brilliant, Nostradamus, Bible Code, Dan Brown kind of thought.

So listen:

The Pens won the cup in 1991

The Pens won the cup in 1992 against the Blackhawks

The Habs(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won the cup in 1993

The Rags won the Cup in 1994

The Devils won the cup in 1995 in a lockout shortened season.

So compare that to the past several seasons:

The Pens won the cup in 09

The Blackhawks(who lost in 1992) beat the Flyers(a team from Pennsylvania) in 10

The Bruins(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won last year.

The Rags will win this year.

The Devils will win next year in a lockout shortened season.

Thats a stretch....but Ill allow it.

Personally, I thought Brodeur was the one that caused the breakdown with his risky and excited play. Right after Brodeur's gaffes, the Rangers gained momentum and scored. It's similar to what Foster would do with his frantic play causing the players to panic. Sorry, but Brodeur has to show poise against these teams and keep his cool, he should know better, he's a veteran.

maybe some losses could do this team some good. even when winning kovy wasnt alive. moving forward....

the more i see him play the more i think is zach parise worth 7M a year? i want him here long term but he isn't some power forward or sniper. he works hard but..

:evil: lets go devils thursday and friday

If it's any small consolation we're 2-2 against the Rags this season. We still have a shot at winning the season series.

thats what i lovveee about this all. on fb all the ranger fans are like devils suck and all. :rolleyes:

props to clarkson for getting something done. kovalchuk and parise where are you?

Wow.....coupla really weak games for Zidlicky......

weak? the guy has been moving the puck at least and making outlet passes. hes not going to be the most solid but id say it should be a good trade in our favor down the road.

has anybody noticed parise and elias almost never hit and mix things up? kovalchuk is the worst in doing that. hes a friggin beast physically and he almost never uses it to his advantage.

Edited by Mayday

weak? the guy has been moving the puck at least and making outlet passes. hes not going to be the most solid but id say it should be a good trade in our favor down the road.

has anybody noticed parise and elias almost never hit and mix things up? kovalchuk is the worst in doing that. hes a friggin beast physically and he almost never uses it to his advantage.

To be fair Kovalchuk knocked down a defender in the offensive zone in the first. Dude came in to check him and Kovy stood him up.