104 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

If he is really hurt DeBoer is the worst coach ever.

:blahblah: :puke: :argh:

#22 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

He is clearly laboring and I agree that it's not something that gets better with rest like a groin. I feel it could be a knee issue that will require surgery.

I think it probably is a groin issue but I also think it's bad enough that a few days' rest won't be enough. A whole week might not even be enough, but even if it was, I doubt the Devils can live without him for TWO games.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#23 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

so, maybe this means hes on some sort of painkiller too...that can make him even more sluggish.
Posted Image

#24 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Looks like he's skating in mud. No acceleration whatsoever.

Still, half a Kovy is better than a whole anyone else we may have waiting in the wings.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#25 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Man, I feel for him. First 2nd round ever, and he is trying to play through it hurt. He is a competitive guy, and it must KILL him that he can't perform at 100%.
Posted Image

#26 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Gulitti's speculating that it's lower back:

Devils right wing Ilya Kovalchuk, who appears to be trying to play through a lower-back issue, played 21:20 in today’s 4-3 overtime loss in Philadelphia and did not register a shot on goal. He did have an assist on Travis Zajac’s power-play goal in the second period, though.

“It’s a tough one, but overall you’ve got ups and downs,” Kovalchuk said. “So, I’ve got to see what I can do better and be better next game.”

Kovalchuk was in the medical room for a while after the game and walked slowly through the locker room to go get dressed before returning to talk to the media.

When asked (for like the 20th time) if he is healthy, Kovalchuk replied, “Yeah” and then walked away.

Posted Image

#27 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

TG speculates it's a lower back issue on his most recent blog.

Says he spent a substantial amount of time in the medical room after the game yesterday and before slowly making his way back to the locker room.

It sucks losing a superstar player, and that NBC probably poisoned the minds of a lot of people with all the Kovy bashing they felt compelled to do during the game yesterday. The guy's getting a raw deal, probably still because of that contract.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

I am just curious when the injury occured and if it even occured in either one of the late season games or the first game against the Panthers.

#29 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

If he really is hurt, he should not be playing on the point on the power play. I dont see it.

#30 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Still, half a Kovy is better than a whole anyone else we may have waiting in the wings.

Do we even have half? He really hurt us yesterday.

If he does play, he shouldn't be logging huge minutes and doing nothing. That's obviously on the coach, who would be a fool to just roll Kovalchuk out there maimed, playing the same amount of minutes and expecting a better result.

DeBoer deserves a lot of credit for putting together our bang-up fourth line. Now he's gotta do something about Kovalchuk. We need a lot to go right to win this series, and waiting around for a gimpy Kovalchuk to bang in a laser now and then doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

#31 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Do you guys think maybe it's the same groin injury he had earlier in the year and that he's just re-aggravated it?

#32 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Do we even have half? He really hurt us yesterday.

If he does play, he shouldn't be logging huge minutes and doing nothing. That's obviously on the coach, who would be a fool to just roll Kovalchuk out there maimed, playing the same amount of minutes and expecting a better result.

DeBoer deserves a lot of credit for putting together our bang-up fourth line. Now he's gotta do something about Kovalchuk. We need a lot to go right to win this series, and waiting around for a gimpy Kovalchuk to bang in a laser now and then doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

He's not playing the same amount of minutes. Yesterday's game went almost 65 minutes, he played 21 minutes. Here's his OT games this year:

LAK: 29:07
NSH: 32:02
SJS: 32:25
PHI: 24:38 (injured at end of 3rd period)
CBJ: 23:17
TOR: 25:40
OTT: 30:28
FLA: 28:14
WSH: 23:01
OTT: 26:01
EDM: 24:12
BUF: 29:15
NYR: 27:05
STL: 29:07
ANA: 24:22
TOR: 27:27
BOS: 26:12
COL: 25:22
TOR: 28:20
CHI: 24:34

In every OT game NJ played this season, Kovalchuk got more ice time. I don't see how much more they can cut his time - maybe get him down around 18 or 19 minutes a game - but anything more than that, I don't see it happening.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#33 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

groin/thigh injuries are a real bitch. extremely painful to extend.

TG just tweeted Kovalchuk was in therapy today and will join the team later.

#34 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

http://youtu.be/EEaJvXahCQs?t=1m48s

Sucks to see Kovy like this :(

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Chere tweeted that Kovy is meeting up with the team in Philly later- in physical therapy this afternoon. DeBoer also admitted Kovy was injured, saying it was "obvious" after yesterday.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#36 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

"What's Wrong With Kovalchuk" sounds like the name of an ABC after-school special.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#37 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://youtu.be/EEaJvXahCQs?t=1m48s

Sucks to see Kovy like this :(

Big :( from me too. He's been dreaming of a moment like this for more than a decade. He's reached the second round of the playoffs with a very capable team. Not only that, but he HATES the Flyers and this matchup has sometimes brought out the best in him. Very painful and sad for us fans to see him hurting out there.

#38 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Down a game in the playoffs, stars hurting, aging goalie, financial issues, contracts expiring. Sounds like a good movie. Wonder how it will end.
It's the whiskey talking.

#39 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Down a game in the playoffs, stars hurting, aging goalie, financial issues, contracts expiring. Sounds like a good movie. Wonder how it will end.

lose series, kovalchuk hurt forever, marty retires, devils go bankrupt, parise leaves... :koolaid:

#40 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

lose series, kovalchuk hurt forever, marty retires, devils go bankrupt, parise leaves... :koolaid:

... audience shoots themselves.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 30 April 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users