FCC Ruling Gives Verizon & AT&T Access To MSG’s HD Channels

brodeur14301991

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/fcc-ruling-gives-verizon-att-access-to-msgs-hd-channels/

"The FCC today has ruled that a pair of high-definition regional sports channels operated by Cablevision’s Madison Square Garden must be offered to Verizon’s FiOS and AT&T’s U-Verse video services."

Edited by brodeur14301991

We had a long running thread about this saga, and I thought this decision had already been made like a year ago.. DM would remember.. But yeah Cablevision is a bunch of ***** and I can't wait to laugh in their faces when MSG HD pops up in my FiOS channel listings

This is about all they have left, so no wonder they are holding on by every last thread

I am not even kidding, I have cablevisions number on my desk because I was going to cancel FIOS tv tomorrow. I can wait another month. I wonder if the appeal stops cablevision from having to provide the video. It is mandated 30 days to provide the signal.

My Dad is a lawyer so I spoke to him about it, and his understanding is that unless Cablevision can prove that they are being harmed (fair competition is not harm) then the ruling is in affect and enforceable until the appeals court renders a decision..

Glad you didn't give in DM :cheers:

I've had 2 Directv tech's here over the last few years trying to see if I can get HD installed. I have a tree in the way so no go. Been contemplating switching to Crappyvision so I can see the games in HD...

Fortunately ALOT of branches have fallen off said tree over the last couple years. I have a guy coming out Sunday to check it out, so we'll see. I really don't want to go back to Crappyvision.

i lived in mahwah, loved Optimum online cause Verizon was such a hassle (talk to 10 people about problem in one callgetting pushed off to someone else and nothing was resolved). then i got married and the wife moved in, she wanted Verizon and got it. We just bought a huge TV to watch Devil games and she gets Verizon forgetting that i told her the Devils woulndt be in Hi-def. i was livid but what can you do. I live Fios better now (for basically subtile reasons i wont get into) that i had both but the whole MSG thing sucks. So eventually we moved to a house. Our area doenst get Fios, so now we will get the Devils in high def now. Unfotunatly Optimum is aware we dont get Fios and they are raping me. They used to call me and say "oh we have a great deal for you" talk for a while and then actually look up my account and say "oh your already gettinga great deal (click)". These people are all bastards.

Speaking of which, this reminded me, when i proposed for marraige last year, i did it on a Devils brick. While ordering, i tried the phone number (got a brick maker in Florida wth robot voices) and then tried email and got responses that email was not an address so i just ordered online hoping it wasnt a scam. I planned to propose in Newark but wanted to get it over wiht and gave her the replica brick. Does anyone know when and if they are actaully putting these bricks in? i ordered in September of last year and have not heard a damn thing.

I have comcast and I guess it's ok. My Dad's got directv and I find it far superior due to the fact that I don't have to search for the HD channels like I do with comcast since MSG is channel 30 something and the HD is 196, not sure what sense that makes. I like Directv having them as channel 2, then channel 2HD right after it, it's a lot easier. Not a huge deal, and I also hate that when I'm fastforwarding, there's no way to scale back the pace, you have to basically hit play then restart, Directv allows you to scale it back, which I found useful, again not a big deal, but it's indicative of how Directv is more user friendly than Comcast. Otherwise, channel selection is pretty much on par with Directv, but in the past couple years has this been true, Directv was way ahead of the HD game and had a lot of options before comcast did.

• 3 weeks later...