Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

ghdi

yes - that is what i meant - devils have about 8,000 full sth and another 3,000-4,000 partial sth (which include people that buy 4 or 6 game packages). i would imagine that the 8k full season ticket holders will all be given the "opportunity" to take one of their 41 home games and pay at least 2-10 times greater than the regular face value for that ticket. look - i'm not complaining as i will be one of them. i'm certainly excited for it, but i would imagine that my ice lounge seats that are $250 face will be something like $400 face for that game.

players have to be pretty happy about this also as it will get the total revenues up nicely and help raise the salary cap.

I see.  Also, if you think you are going to get a Club Seat equivalent at the Yankee Stadium game for $400....I think you are overly optimistic....but I hope you're right!

Oh gee that's too bad...I figured you were just moving out of the section and going elsewhere in the building.

I don't know how many of my other friends actually want to go.  I'll definitely keep you in mind too depending on the ticket limits. 

Thanks! Its more of a travel issue, I now live in central Ocean County so its a pain and a lot of money to take that trip 44 times a year.

EDIT: might grab a partial plan though. Going to 13-18 games sounds more reasonable to me.

Edited by Zubie#8

I see.  Also, if you think you are going to get a Club Seat equivalent at the Yankee Stadium game for $400....I think you are overly optimistic....but I hope you're right!

it depends how they do it - if they basically make club seats legends seats, you might be right. but the truth is, those would be the absolute worst seats - you'll see nothing. the best seats, i would imagine, would be first rows of the upper deck or the loge section.

here is a good article from last year regarding the classic in Philly:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2011/12/29/2667218/winter-classic-2012-tickets-seats-guide-philadelphia-flyers-new-york-rangers

just to add something though - this is obviously more about being at the event than a great viewing experience.

the pomp and circumstance and what i pray are cool heritage jerseys would be a nice touch. i'd be perhaps a little disappointed if they just went with the usual once a year throwbacks and downright angry if they just wear the regular home reds. i've always agreed with lou on the idea of keeping the jersey the same and not having an alternate every other year but this is special enough that I'd like to see something a little different.

i don't think they change the color scheme to go back to Colorado or KC colors. there's obviously this old logo they could go with: 

New_Jersey_Devils_unused.jpg

or perhaps New Jersey or Devils written in script sort of like what Minnesota's jerseys look like:

29-05033-J.jpg

Edited by sundstrom

so i was right about the cryptic season ticket holder letter i got. 

no the letter i got said in the event devils play a home game not at the rock, there are refund options available. no word on the ticket given to us outright. we will probably get the option to buy discount early but not a given ticket.

The tickets won't be "included" in our packages, but based on that letter we got, all season ticket holders will be guaranteed seats should they choose to buy them.

I hope season ticket holders will get tickets (can only assume this is the case), but maybe they'll be able to order more? Always wondered how the ticketing worked.

Super excited though!

http://capitals.nhl.com/v2/ext/Winter_Classic_STH_FAQ-JVS.pdf

EDIT: Nevermind, that was for the Caps sth's, and they were the road team for that game.  I'd assume we get a 'few' more than that.

Edited by NJDevs4978

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73656

Maybe it does work the same way for home sth's too...apparently Flyer fans only got to purchase the # of seats they had on their sth account last year and they were the home team.

How many tickets do Season Ticket Holders get?
2011-12 Flyers full season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase the same number of Winter Classic ticket packages as 2011-12 full season seats they own.

Will Season Ticket Holders be able to purchase additional tickets?

We do not anticipate there will be additional tickets available for sale for the 2012 Bridgestone Winter Classic.  For information on additional tickets to the Flyers vs. Rangers Alumni game on December 31, 2011 or the Phantoms vs. Hershey Bears game on January 6, 2012, please contact Flyers Sales Department at 215-218-PUCK (7825).

Edited by NJDevs4978

I will be there come hell or high water, of course. But I think all of the outdoor games are overkill- we certainly don't need 6 of them. But that's the NHL- they can't help fvcking up a good thing, its just what they do, although it will make them a ton of money, so I'm sure they don't care lol.

I agree. When I heard there were 6 outdoor games I thought the NHL was messing up yet another good thing. Then, when I found out we were in one, my jaw dropped.

-Baseball stadiums sucks for these games. Hope Yankee stadium isn't as bad as citizens bank park or wrigley field with sight lines for this type of game.

-I'm hearing that the two Yankee stadium games are because of wanting to exploit the superbowl media that will be in town. My concern, however, is that the superbowl will actually overshadow these outdoor games and that they won't get the attention they deserve.

-Bet Marty is def happy he asked for that two year deal. As a fan, I'm happy he will be able to play in one.

-Could playing in one help lure FA's?

i think i will buy a ticket to this game and venture over from Australia. would be quite memorable!

You definitely should! This is like a once-in-a-Devil-fan's-lifetime experience lol.. Very cool that you're such a big fan from out there!!

A huge positive for the Devils in this is that the run to the finals last year left them with a huge database to market to.. No doubt it has helped them sell so many tix this season, and I'm hoping it will help fill Yankee Stadium next season

I agree. When I heard there were 6 outdoor games I thought the NHL was messing up yet another good thing. Then, when I found out we were in one, my jaw dropped.

-Baseball stadiums sucks for these games. Hope Yankee stadium isn't as bad as citizens bank park or wrigley field with sight lines for this type of game.

-I'm hearing that the two Yankee stadium games are because of wanting to exploit the superbowl media that will be in town. My concern, however, is that the superbowl will actually overshadow these outdoor games and that they won't get the attention they deserve.

-Bet Marty is def happy he asked for that two year deal. As a fan, I'm happy he will be able to play in one.

-Could playing in one help lure FA's?

Playing in this game will have absolute NO bearing on luring FA's....

I sat on the send tier of Citizens Bank Park for the Penn State game there after the Winter Classic and was pleasantly surprised I was able to see everything just fine. Downstairs would have been a different story though.

Finally some good news regarding the Devils this month.  As Colin said, this is a once in a lifetime experience.  Hopefully, because the Rags are playing 2 games within the same week at Yankee Stadium, their neandrethal fans will be forced to choose which game to attend, thinning their numbers a bit for both and evening the crowds out. 

Love the fact that we are playing the Sunday game, rather than the Wednesday.  I'm not sure how it works, but I would be willing to bet the NHL takes all of the revenue from these outdoor games and pays the home team the equivalent of what they make for a sellout at their home arena for the game while pocketing the rest.  If that is the case, then it makes sense for the Rags to be the away team because they will get to keep their 41 home dates and, essentially, get 2 extra home games (crowd advantage wise) while showcasing the franchise.

not sure how excited i really am about all of this, dont get me wrong its pretty awsome and all but i feel like to put a rink in the middle of yankee stadium is there going to be a good seat in the place? Already assuming that it will be extremely over priced. I dont know maybe i just really like prudential center even though i will probably go any way.